The Official Dragonball Super Thread (All my DBZ fans come in here)

Options

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The manga is for older audiences, obviously. The anime is a morning show for kids
  • inori
    inori Members Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I'm going to start reading the manga regularly now. The way they set up the tournament was so much better. It makes it more obvious that Goku helped more than hurt with the tournament. On top of that, the characterizations are better. Beerus comes off more badass in the manga and Zeno isn't quite is dull and childish.

But...the manga makes it clear that grand priest and zeno are actually watching over the universe's which brings to question how tf they Zamasu run rampant killing all 12 gods of desetruction

This is the biggest inconsistency imo. Im half joking about the power scaling, but Zamasu literally trying to exterminate ALL of the universes/multiverses should have been a way bigger problem than it was, including all the implications that arose from it.

Honestly, it's not that big a deal. Zeno is more or less isolated from the other universes and seems to have a childlike fleeting interest in them at best (at least in the anime). Sure Zamasu's antics should have raised some red flags, but depending on how quickly he accomplished it all, Zeno and everyone that serves him could have been too caught up in taking care of his flights of fancy to even notice what was happening. I think you guys are overplaying how much communication there is between the different universes. With the exception of Beerus and Champa, they others don't seem to have much interaction, so it's unlikely they'd even know that something like Zamasu raging in another universe was even happening.

Ma ? if Kais and gods of destruction are dying left and right.. future or past you would think someone would ? take notice and be like yo wtf is goin on?
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    The manga is for older audiences, obviously. The anime is a morning show for kids

Man ? them damn kids
  • jono
    Options

Man ? them damn kids

Yeah...but unfortunately Toei luh the kids
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    inori wrote: »
    I'm going to start reading the manga regularly now. The way they set up the tournament was so much better. It makes it more obvious that Goku helped more than hurt with the tournament. On top of that, the characterizations are better. Beerus comes off more badass in the manga and Zeno isn't quite is dull and childish.

But...the manga makes it clear that grand priest and zeno are actually watching over the universe's which brings to question how tf they Zamasu run rampant killing all 12 gods of desetruction

This is the biggest inconsistency imo. Im half joking about the power scaling, but Zamasu literally trying to exterminate ALL of the universes/multiverses should have been a way bigger problem than it was, including all the implications that arose from it.

Honestly, it's not that big a deal. Zeno is more or less isolated from the other universes and seems to have a childlike fleeting interest in them at best (at least in the anime). Sure Zamasu's antics should have raised some red flags, but depending on how quickly he accomplished it all, Zeno and everyone that serves him could have been too caught up in taking care of his flights of fancy to even notice what was happening. I think you guys are overplaying how much communication there is between the different universes. With the exception of Beerus and Champa, they others don't seem to have much interaction, so it's unlikely they'd even know that something like Zamasu raging in another universe was even happening.

Ma ? if Kais and gods of destruction are dying left and right.. future or past you would think someone would ? take notice and be like yo wtf is goin on?

Who? I'm not saying that you're wrong, but no one really seems to monitor what's going on in the universes besides the Zenos and Grand Priest. If they are preoccupied doing something, who else would even notice Kais and GoDs dying? No one in the DBZ multiverse is omniscient or close to it. They've shown that for anyone to know anything, someone has to actively be looking.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From herms98 twitter...

fgkf6sk7mk0h.jpg
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From herms98 twitter...

fgkf6sk7mk0h.jpg

I know!!! Damn wtf happen to Goku? Did he lose. I’m speculating a lot now

1. Was he eliminated?
    2. Did he lose control and Hit steps in
    3. Did he go check on Goten and Trunks
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    So given the patterns established, my guess is the Vegeta's Resolve episode will consist of him whining about Goku's new powerup, getting ? enough to go at Jiren, somehow landing a hit, and then getting backhanded out of the tournament.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So given the patterns established, my guess is the Vegeta's Resolve episode will consist of him whining about Goku's new powerup, getting ? enough to go at Jiren, somehow landing a hit, and then getting backhanded out of the tournament.

This ? sound accurate asf

• gemini86
    Options
    Life is short but I do want to fast forward to these saturdays.
  • OmegaConflict
    Options
    My guess is that goku is recovering using his ssg form while the others step in for him
  • OmegaConflict
    Options
    Seems like frost and Frieda has been elminated
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My guess is that goku is recovering using his ssg form while the others step in for him

Namely Vegeta who's the only other one besides Frieza with ridiculous power and we know Frieza wouldn't help Goku. Maybe Jiren takes out Vegeta and Hit thinks he needs to step in to owe Goku back for the Dyspo save.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Pure conjecture, lmao zenos job is to literally watch over the GoDs
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Pure conjecture, lmao zenos job is to literally watch over the GoDs

lol Of course its conjecture, I was literally giving a trumped up scenario to address the inconsistency. And I might have missed it, we've never been told what Zeno's "job" is. I always took him as a super powerful being that pretty much does what the ? he wants.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »
    From herms98 twitter...

fgkf6sk7mk0h.jpg

1. Was he eliminated?

Maybe goku transform into the original supersaiyan? Gold hair super saiyan isnt the actual form of the original super saiyan so maybe thats what happens to goku? The episode title and the fact that its ki he never felt before or seen (check herms98 twitter for that bit of info) makes me think that could be the case.
  • OmegaConflict
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »
    From herms98 twitter...

fgkf6sk7mk0h.jpg

1. Was he eliminated?

Maybe goku transform into the original supersaiyan? Gold hair super saiyan isnt the actual form of the original super saiyan so maybe thats what happens to goku? The episode title and the fact that its ki he never felt before or seen (check herms98 twitter for that bit of info) makes me think that could be the case.

were way past the super saiyan saga. We been in ? power since dbs began.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most likely either Gokus form isn't enough and gets washed or he may not be able to be sustain the form that long.
  • jono
    edited September 2017
    Options
    When it comes to the Dragon Ball Z films, Vegeta always got the short-end of the stick. The Saiyan never lived up to the power Goku could put out, and fans of the grouchy hero still don’t understand why Vegeta got nerfed so hard. That is, until now at least.

Recently, Kazenshuu provided a new translation of an interview with Takao Koyama. The writer is the man behind most of the Dragon Ball Z films. Projects like Yo! Son Goku fell under Koyama’s jurisdiction, and the writer gave a long-awaited answer for why Vegeta got weaker in the films.

“In the last of the theatrical works, I purposely brought low Vegeta’s status as the “Prideful Prince of the Saiya”. Because of that, he became a bit of a pitiful Vegeta,” Koyama said. “I guess I might have done something bad to Vegeta-fans. (laughs) But this is because it was a major premise of the tale that Goku has to win in the end, so perhaps it couldn’t be helped that he would inevitably be contrasted with Goku.”

“But I believe that, to the same extent, I was really able to depict an image of the everyday Vegeta. The scene where Vegeta, who once went around causing destruction, tells off his foe with, “How dare you destroy someone else’s house?!” shows an unexpected side of him.”

So, there you have it. Vegeta was forced to reign in his powers in theaters to differentiate him from Goku. The latter hero was always set up to save the day, but Vegeta could provide drama and tension elsewhere if he weren’t guaranteed to win every battle.

Fans of Vegeta will know the hero's desire for strength hasn't been limited to Dragon Ball Z movies. The character has always been hungry for more power, and Vegeta's introduction to Goku only multiplied his greed. The princely Saiyan has been chasing after Goku for decades now in hopes of beating the hero in a fair fight. Dragon Ball Super still has Vegeta trailing after Goku, but there's a chance the former may rise ahead in the future. However, the day Vegeta overpowers Goku could be the day Dragon Ball comes to a close for good. Where else is the series supposed to go after that?

http://comicbook.com/anime/2017/09/21/dragon-ball-z-movies-vegeta-weak-nerfed/#close
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    When it comes to the Dragon Ball Z films, Vegeta always got the short-end of the stick. The Saiyan never lived up to the power Goku could put out, and fans of the grouchy hero still don’t understand why Vegeta got nerfed so hard. That is, until now at least.

Recently, Kazenshuu provided a new translation of an interview with Takao Koyama. The writer is the man behind most of the Dragon Ball Z films. Projects like Yo! Son Goku fell under Koyama’s jurisdiction, and the writer gave a long-awaited answer for why Vegeta got weaker in the films.

“In the last of the theatrical works, I purposely brought low Vegeta’s status as the “Prideful Prince of the Saiya”. Because of that, he became a bit of a pitiful Vegeta,” Koyama said. “I guess I might have done something bad to Vegeta-fans. (laughs) But this is because it was a major premise of the tale that Goku has to win in the end, so perhaps it couldn’t be helped that he would inevitably be contrasted with Goku.”

“But I believe that, to the same extent, I was really able to depict an image of the everyday Vegeta. The scene where Vegeta, who once went around causing destruction, tells off his foe with, “How dare you destroy someone else’s house?!” shows an unexpected side of him.”

So, there you have it. Vegeta was forced to reign in his powers in theaters to differentiate him from Goku. The latter hero was always set up to save the day, but Vegeta could provide drama and tension elsewhere if he weren’t guaranteed to win every battle.

Fans of Vegeta will know the hero's desire for strength hasn't been limited to Dragon Ball Z movies. The character has always been hungry for more power, and Vegeta's introduction to Goku only multiplied his greed. The princely Saiyan has been chasing after Goku for decades now in hopes of beating the hero in a fair fight. Dragon Ball Super still has Vegeta trailing after Goku, but there's a chance the former may rise ahead in the future. However, the day Vegeta overpowers Goku could be the day Dragon Ball comes to a close for good. Where else is the series supposed to go after that?

http://comicbook.com/anime/2017/09/21/dragon-ball-z-movies-vegeta-weak-nerfed/#close

Ok, here's the cue for the ? that always say bad writing. This is most definitely bad writing. There are a million ways to handle two heroes where one has to be the winner that don't involve purposely nerfing the other hero.
  • OmegaConflict
    Options

RIP Koyama
  • jono
    Options
    Vegeta stays getting nerfed. The saddest thing about it is that always make Vegeta #2 so you know nobody else is getting that high or if they do it's temporary.

DB needs to be modernized. Super is doing a good job with UniSurvival of making the side characters more important and this is just what the franchise needed.

17's return, Frieza, Roshi showing out, you know 18 and Gohan will get their moments in the future. That will help everybody but there's still so far to go.
  • inori
    inori Members Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the ? is dumb that Goku always has to be the one to save the day.. let somebody else get some shine
  • gemini86
    Options
    inori wrote: »
    I think the ? is dumb that Goku always has to be the one to save the day.. let somebody else get some shine

Really? It’s his show. And Goku hasn’t beat anyone since Frieza and Kid Buu. I don’t understand the logic