Jay-Z Turns Down Offer To Perform At 2018 Superbowl Possibly As A Protest Against NFL Racism

Options
124»

Comments

• blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    Y’all trippin..soccer is that wave...

My ? Ronaldo ready to become the goat times 2

? been saying that for like 25 years now.

Yet a ? working at McDonalds makes more than an MLS player.

Lol you using the MLS as an example it's a global sport you can go anywhere and they know something about football can you say that about the NFL?

Bruh, I was in London last year for the Skins/Bengals game. I met plenty of ppl from around the world that were there to see their 1st live NFL game and had been fans for years.

If hockey game came to London there would be plenty of people there from all over with knowledge of the game doesn't mean there a huge following. My point is there 0 comparison between the sports globally it's an American thing Vs the world thing.

Like is there a league that's not in America?

Funny thing is that in most American sports the 'winners' are still considered World Champions

Yo that hilarious can someone explain that i asked that in the baseball thread and got flagged
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

Lol you using the MLS as an example it's a global sport you can go anywhere and they know something about football can you say that about the NFL?

Bruh, I was in London last year for the Skins/Bengals game. I met plenty of ppl from around the world that were there to see their 1st live NFL game and had been fans for years.

If hockey game came to London there would be plenty of people there from all over with knowledge of the game doesn't mean there a huge following. My point is there 0 comparison between the sports globally it's an American thing Vs the world thing.

U asked if I could go anywhere and would ppl know, I went to this island in Europe and met ppl from around the world who are fans of a sport that doesn't exist in their country/continent so yes u can say the same. I witnessed it with my own eyes.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You don't even know what topic you wanna argue. lol

First YOU wanna bring up how people outside the US don't have much knowledge about football, then Stew shut you down on that. Now you posting ? about which is more popularity which no one was even challenging you on. lol

You got it. the players are still flopping ? 's and soccer is still boring and trash.
  • Stew
    Options
    I think it could be a missed opportunity

This is their logic in getting black celebrities to go meet Trump after he got elected.

? that.

there is no correlation

Except their is.

So when Jay agrees to do it, but they manipulate his performance to be some passive 'America loving ? ' ? , it'll be an obvious set up and people like you will be silent.

The only opportunity is the opportunity to be played

I don't think that's what he meant. He'd be Givin a platform(ala the Olympics in '68) to make a statment. Since you know, it is the most watched single event in the world.

You should kno' better.

Im assuming you're talkin about the World Cup which doesn't happen every year and not a single event.

Does the Superbowl have a major audience outside the states? I mean is it bigger than the champions league globally?

I stand corrected

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/02/super_bowl_myth_exposed_these.html

Point still stands

w9zlml16mjrp.gif

U just being defensive for no reason now
  • chgarcia345
    chgarcia345 Members Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Plus you dont have to inject yourselves full of steroids to be a soccer playee
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh soccer (futbol) is the GOAT sport and undeniably the most popular...

Don't hate..
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Of course not, when your built like 12 y/o girls
  • Stew
    Options

Name 10 players currently in the NFL on steroids, I'll wait....
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dont even watch the NFL unless its the Super Bowl

FOH. I'm not even watching the Superbowl.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    JJ_Evans wrote: »
    In my lifetime, I've witnessed the top black athlete (Michael Jordan) ignore black issues in this country in order to protect his image.

In my lifetime, I've witnessed the top black entertainer (Michael Jackson) ignore black issues in this country in order to protect his image.

Fast forward to present time................

The top black athlete (LeBron James) and the top black entertainer(s) (Jay Z and Beyonce) have gone out of their way to bring attention to black issues, yet posters on a "black" hip hop message board are critical of that.

Unbelievable.

These woe-is-me crab ? just wanna ? and complain regardless of what happens.

Nothing can ever be a win to these Eeyore ? ; life has given them a fetish for Ls.

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    In my lifetime, I've witnessed the top black athlete (Michael Jordan) ignore black issues in this country in order to protect his image.

In my lifetime, I've witnessed the top black entertainer (Michael Jackson) ignore black issues in this country in order to protect his image.

The top black athlete (LeBron James) and the top black entertainer(s) (Jay Z and Beyonce) have gone out of their way to bring attention to black issues, yet posters on a "black" hip hop message board are critical of that.

Unbelievable.

Some blacks are just stupid ass ignorant ? . They can be left in the gutter. ? em.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good move in light of recent events. This speaks volumes.
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For those that questioned whether Jay Z turned down the NFL's Superbowl halftime show offer as a protest against their racism against black players and blackballing of Colin Kaepernick, here's your answer..............

• AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Real talk, it could be bout racism.

But looking at Jays history, he a smart dude. He probably got another reason to not do it but he'll make it look like its cause of Kap to get props.

Jay is a smart and calculating dude.
  • JJ_Evans
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    Real talk, it could be bout racism.

But looking at Jays history, he a smart dude. He probably got another reason to not do it but he'll make it look like its cause of Kap to get props.

Jay is a smart and calculating dude.

You have to be kidding. Jay Z and Lebron James are on the front lines against racial injustice. Neither man is afraid of the powerful forces against them.

Do some of you hate Jay that damn much?

It's not even debatable anymore that Jay told the NFL to kiss his ass because he's 100% against the blackballing of Kap and the blatant racism that exists in the NFL. People in this thread that argued something differently were simply wrong.
  • sideon1984
    sideon1984 Members Posts: 144 ✭✭
    Options

Unbelievable.

https://youtu.be/t1pqi8vjTLY
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Idk where ppl got this idea that mike never spoke about blackness or was a ? or something....he even raised his white ass kids to think they were black because he was
  • JJ_Evans
    Options
    sideon1984 wrote: »

Unbelievable.

https://youtu.be/t1pqi8vjTLY

Let me correct you on your depiction on the GOAT Michael Jackson.

First of all, you're showing a video that occurred in 1995/1996. During this particular time of his career, MJ had made a conscious decision to fight against white America and the media, which had turned against him because of multiple controversies. His music started focusing more on black people and black issues. Hell, he even had R. Kelly and Biggie write, while Eazy E produced a track on the album that had the song you posted a video for. MJ had Spike Lee direct that music video.

The issue is that prior to the white community turning on him, MJ focused his attention on 'Black and white' issues. His pushed for "everybody" to get along with one another. When he focused squarely on black people, it was black people from Africa. Michael Jackson is the GOAT, but after spending decades to LITERALLY turn himself into a white person, he only became a black man again when the white folks started attacking him. Like always, the black community overlooked all that and welcomed him back with open arms. That's what we do as a people.