Top Tier General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aka40Cal wrote: »
    Just got offered free tix to Traffic....never been to a major URL event is it worth going?

Go dude, URL don't slack when it comes to events

U don't understand I got a small tolerance for bs...I aint trying to be standing for 10 hrs and ? ...I might swing on someone and ruin the whole set
  • aka40Cal
    aka40Cal Members Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Then maybe it ain't for you lol. You smoke or drink? Usually when those breaks come up after battles I go smoke and I'm good to go again but if you ain't about standing then I wouldn't suggest going and tryna find a good spot is tough unless you take someone's spot during break.
  • aka40Cal
    aka40Cal Members Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BTW, can anyone help me out on how to post instagram links to the page? I follow URL, KOTD and a few other accounts so it'd be dope to post some of their stuff
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    aka40Cal wrote: »
    BTW, can anyone help me out on how to post instagram links to the page? I follow URL, KOTD and a few other accounts so it'd be dope to post some of their stuff

Just hit the dots on the side of the post, copy URL, paste it here
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Maywood wrote: »
    I gave you my reasons why Lux and Hitman would make sense. Why in your opinion don't it make sense? And btw the URL wanted DNA to battle Lux at SM 2 not Cal, Cal was gonna battle John John. Lux turned down DNA so they went to plan B which was Cal.

For one, their styles are like the polar opposite of each other and i don't think the energy would mix right. When two battle rappers compete they are making a product together. There are plenty other names out there I could think of that I'd rather see paired with Lux. His penmanship is going to be more accentuated battling a JC instead of Hitman.

Secondly you should know how Lux thinks when it comes to who he will battle. It has to serve a purpose in his legacy or spark the competitive desire to be the best. Hitman Holla is not at the top of the food chain right now. Yes, he has a name from the work he put in previously, but in 2017 he's just another battle rapper. Now.... if he goes on mean killing spree and starting to look undisputed then you can revisit this conversation. But for now JC got that look.

But Lux battled Calicoe and Arsonal and neither of them are known for having great pens. Hitman Holla is "not on top of the food chain", but JC is? JC ain't been on no damn killing spree, he beat Trez then lost to Bigg K then he beat Chess and had a debatable with Nitty. Hitman has a greater body of work much more memorable moments and he's actually bodied top tiers word to Ars, O Red and Shine. Name one top tier that JC decisively beat? Hitman put in work and would deserve the look more than JC. The matchup only "doesn't make sense" because Hitman or Lux hasn't requested to battle each other. All JC did was call out Lux and that alone in y'all eyes make the battle make sense? A ? that just became top tier last week makes more sense than one of the biggest stars in battle rap who's put in work and has done more for the culture than JC?

Let's Just Focus On The Bolded real quick "Sigh" so outta these 4 Battles U got him losing 1 w/a debatable Right ?
    Beat Trez = Clear
    Beat Chess = Clear
    Bigg K U say Loss = I Disagree like FOH but ok let's give U that
    Now his last battle @ summer madness Vs Nitty this how a ? just be saying ? emotionally
    https://youtu.be/MwrimPAd2Dg
    in da building it's prolly a 30 imma keep it a buck,, but on camera I'll prolly getta round ya feel me"... Rum Nitty

You realize that battlers may say they lost a battle early on then change their minds later? Mook lost a judged battle to Jae Millz and to this day he still thinks he won. Suge after years of accepting the L to K Shine has now stated that he won that battle, Conceited said he lost to Arsonal until the footage came out then changed his mind. Bottom line is that battles on cam come out differently than they do in the building. Rum was spitting.

Who judged the Mook vs Mills battle

According to Micky Facts who was there he said it was judged and Millz won.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    I gave you my reasons why Lux and Hitman would make sense. Why in your opinion don't it make sense? And btw the URL wanted DNA to battle Lux at SM 2 not Cal, Cal was gonna battle John John. Lux turned down DNA so they went to plan B which was Cal.

For one, their styles are like the polar opposite of each other and i don't think the energy would mix right. When two battle rappers compete they are making a product together. There are plenty other names out there I could think of that I'd rather see paired with Lux. His penmanship is going to be more accentuated battling a JC instead of Hitman.

Secondly you should know how Lux thinks when it comes to who he will battle. It has to serve a purpose in his legacy or spark the competitive desire to be the best. Hitman Holla is not at the top of the food chain right now. Yes, he has a name from the work he put in previously, but in 2017 he's just another battle rapper. Now.... if he goes on mean killing spree and starting to look undisputed then you can revisit this conversation. But for now JC got that look.

But Lux battled Calicoe and Arsonal and neither of them are known for having great pens. Hitman Holla is "not on top of the food chain", but JC is? JC ain't been on no damn killing spree, he beat Trez then lost to Bigg K then he beat Chess and had a debatable with Nitty. Hitman has a greater body of work much more memorable moments and he's actually bodied top tiers word to Ars, O Red and Shine. Name one top tier that JC decisively beat? Hitman put in work and would deserve the look more than JC. The matchup only "doesn't make sense" because Hitman or Lux hasn't requested to battle each other. All JC did was call out Lux and that alone in y'all eyes make the battle make sense? A ? that just became top tier last week makes more sense than one of the biggest stars in battle rap who's put in work and has done more for the culture than JC?

Let's Just Focus On The Bolded real quick "Sigh" so outta these 4 Battles U got him losing 1 w/a debatable Right ?
    Beat Trez = Clear
    Beat Chess = Clear
    Now his last battle @ summer madness Vs Nitty this how a ? just be saying ? emotionally
    in da building it's prolly a 30 imma keep it a buck,, but on camera I'll prolly getta round ya feel me"... Rum Nitty

You realize that battlers may say they lost a battle early on then change their minds later? Mook lost a judged battle to Jae Millz and to this day he still thinks he won. Suge after years of accepting the L to K Shine has now stated that he won that battle, Conceited said he lost to Arsonal until the footage came out then changed his mind. Bottom line is that battles on cam come out differently than they do in the building. Rum was spitting.

Lmao....yea that answers the question
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Beat Trez = Clear
    Beat Chess = Clear

I don't think anyone judged it. Battle was trash tho. After the 1st rnd, we all lost.
  • 5th Letter
    Options

Beat Trez = Clear
    Beat Chess = Clear

Ask Mickey Facts who were the judges.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options

Beat Trez = Clear
    Beat Chess = Clear

I'm asking u...Mickey Facts aint no authority on ? ....
  • 5th Letter
    Options

Beat Trez = Clear
    Beat Chess = Clear

I'm asking u...Mickey Facts aint no authority on ? ....

I wasn't there. He was there, he said the battle was judged and Millz won.
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just got offered free tix to Traffic....never been to a major URL event is it worth going?

How durable are your knees? and do you have insurance to cover an emergency knee replacement surgery just in case?
  • Lurkristocrat
    Options
    nh just in case...
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't understand why Cortez would want that matchup with ICE for the KOTD Chain, since the holder of the chain can't battle outside of KOTD.
    He finally got on Summer Madness, and there's a lot of people saying he won, so bigger matchups on URL should be ahead URL, ? makes no sense to me.
  • Lurkristocrat
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    I don't understand why Cortez would want that matchup with ICE for the KOTD Chain, since the holder of the chain can't battle outside of KOTD.
    He finally got on Summer Madness, and there's a lot of people saying he won, so bigger matchups on URL should be ahead URL, ? makes no sense to me.

? want more "white friendly" mainstream attention the belt gives them so they an establish other avenues of revenue like music, clothing etc. Most batte rappers feel pigeon holed in url once they get there. But ofcourse, you wont really hear about it....
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chess just clearly 3-0 bodybagged his damn self
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAsv33tZJ5g

Love this matchup.
    Top will be the most versatile battler JC faced since he been back on URL, this is what I've been waiting for.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BIG KANNON VS DANJA ZONE
    https://youtu.be/N2VAwZuh0Ss

Swaggerless vs no-hoe-gettin

Lol nah i ? with both...finna watch later
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I Said Yoooooooo TTop Vs Some Lil ? Ass ?
    https://youtu.be/FAsv33tZJ5g
    The Kid bout to ? this ?
  • Lurkristocrat
    edited September 2017
    Options

Big Preacher is now a part of Dot Mob…

I was at the event.
    Jai lost 2-1 to danger zone
    Bill Collector 30ed ty law
    Rosenberg Raw no showed against big kannon
    Cassidy no showed to host smh

Got a crazy ciph by my car after the event tho wit bill, ty law, kannon and some local cats. Was playing beats n recording. Trying to get the footage edited now. Bill and big kannon went tf off.

Jai 400 is prolly most chill battle rapper. Cool ? , chopped it up wit em for a while talkin battle rap and seein rex for first time since no show.

Re'upped with alittle edit
    Part 1
    https://youtu.be/J-k3s_XDSsQ

Part 2
    https://youtu.be/kyaXTCbeTY0
  • Lurkristocrat
    Options
    My bad on the portrait mode tho smh
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options