Options

Comments

• whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    I saved money by not going to work one day

That's when I knew that job wasnt ?

I had an office job where I got paid on Friday, but would be so broke on Wednesday that I would call in sick on Thursday just so I had enough bus fare to make it to work on Friday to get my paycheck.

been like this man...I was looking for a new job after that first pay check
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Go figure wrote: »
    When you spend your time on the clock on the IC

I disagree with this one.

Give it another year or 2 and a bit of credit card debt, stagnation and regret. Then @ me and we will revisit our posts.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    When you spend your time on the clock on the IC

I disagree with this one.

Give it another year or 2 and a bit of credit card debt, stagnation and regret. Then @ me and we will revisit our posts.

Credit Card debt?

That's young and fincial irresponsible type ? .

Did that ? in my 20s.

We got plans in case ? happen now
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When u live with 13 haitains and ya s/o dogs u out
  • SimplyKrys
    SimplyKrys Members Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »

Correction 6 Haitians, and he doesn't dog me out. Even if he did dog me out what does the way my bf treat me have to do with working a subpar job?
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    SimplyKrys wrote: »

Correction 6 Haitians, and he doesn't dog me out. Even if he did dog me out what does the way my bf treat me have to do with working a subpar job?

Self esteem issues effect performances and which stages you choose to showcase said performances. Low self esteem at home may lead to performance anxiety in the work place, similar to a man who cannot perform in bed with his mate, he may withdraw from sex over fear from ridicule. You may perform bad at work for fear of ridicule over your work. 78% of the time, the perceptions of one's workplace reflect one's own social or home anxiety that they cannot escape.
  • SimplyKrys
    Options

Self esteem issues effect performances and which stages you choose to showcase said performances. Low self esteem at home may lead to performance anxiety in the work place, similar to a man who cannot perform in bed with his mate, he may withdraw from sex over fear from ridicule. You may perform bad at work for fear of ridicule over your work. 78% of the time, the perceptions of one's workplace reflect one's own social or home anxiety that they cannot escape.

I don't perform bad at work at all. I don't have self esteem issues either.
  • SimplyKrys
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    When you gotta live in a house full of Haitians cause you cant afford no where else

At least I'm not stripping, selling drugs or selling ? .
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn thread derail in full effect
  • SimplyKrys
    Options
    Damn thread derail in full effect

And I thought it would stay on topic. *Sigh*
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got damn Pralims done seen some ?
  • SimplyKrys
    Options
    Sheeiit, one day I was about 300 ft from my job and pulled over to the side of the road and called in.

That's crazy you may have well just went to work. I have been at my job for almost 3 years and have only called out one time.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I had an office job where I got paid on Friday, but would be so broke on Wednesday that I would call in sick on Thursday just so I had enough bus fare to make it to work on Friday to get my paycheck.

Damn homie, they must have not been paying you ? .

Actually, that was around the time I was building out my recording and DJ rig. Every time that happened I would have just bought a new piece of hardware. The job paid $9.50/hr but I typically worked 50hrs a week so I made a bit more than the equivalent of someone making $12.50/hr.

... There was also my alcohol consumption... And eating out for lunch 3 times a week... and buying condoms... and... you get the idea.
  • SimplyKrys
    Options

Actually, that was around the time I was building out my recording and DJ rig. Every time that happened I would have just bought a new piece of hardware. The job paid $9.50/hr but I typically worked 50hrs a week so I made a bit more than the equivalent of someone making $12.50/hr.

... There was also my alcohol consumption... And eating out for lunch 3 times a week... and buying condoms... and... you get the idea.

So in other words you were spending a ? ton of money knowing damn well you weren't making that much. I know better than to not do that.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also what's wrong with Haitians?

they give fleas to dogs
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    was at the back door of the job and the other guy seen me......i start thinking in my head i hate this job and just kept on walking
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When you find yourself VTO'ing every single day it's available, to the point your paycheck be bout 40 bucks.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

So in other words you were spending a ? ton of money knowing damn well you weren't making that much. I know better than to not do that.

Single, living on my own, no kids, no car note, no cell phone bill... Plus bringing home ~$500/wk in 1998 is the equivalent of bringing home ~$760 in 2017. For a single person, yeah I was making decent money. The ? I was buying for music was just expensive.