Cam'ron - Swagger Jacker (Jay-Z Diss) ...Im not a writer.. Im a biter !!!

Options
Ear2DaSt
Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
Im not a writer ... Im a biter
This is a thread I got from somewhere else what are your thoughts? ...
https://youtu.be/ybEZF4Vbe3A

Comments

• qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    Yall gotta admit he did steal alot of biggie rhymes

He quoted a lot of biggie bars. A song is usually 32 you 48 bars so outta all that rap'n 44 bars were his. That jay a bitter argument is weak imo
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He quoted a lot of biggie bars. A song is usually 32 you 48 bars so outta all that rap'n 44 bars were his. That jay a bitter argument is weak imo
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't understand what the problem was when this first came out, don't understand now.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

that just shows the strength of big's lyrics
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember Jay sayin he has to pay Biggie's estate everytime he does it and that's why he does it...
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    BenjaminE wrote: »
    I remember Jay sayin he has to pay Biggie's estate everytime he does it and that's why he does it...

For as popular as jigga is and being from the same borough and friend of Biggie, it is the only acceptable reason to do it. I remember an old interview from the early 2000's Bumpy Knuckles did with HipHopGame.

"A lot of these guys are going into the studio trying to sound like someone else. That's one of the biggest don't-do's in hip-hop. When I first started hearing rappers saying other people's rhymes, I knew hip-hop was going in the wrong direction. We used to beat ? up in the park for that ? . I used to hear so much Biggies quotes, it's disgusting.

Do you buy the excuse that they're "paying tribute"?

Man, listen. (laughs) How do you pay tribute to a ? by spitting his rhymes? That's not a tribute, that's biting. A lot of people say Biggie and 2Pac are the best rappers ever. This is some real ? . Sometimes people praise the dead to insult the living. They don't have the ? to say someone wasn't as good as Biggie. Who cares? Biggie was a don. He did what he did, but you do what you do. Why are you saying Biggie's rhymes? Biggie had his ? . 2Pac and Freaky Tah had their ? . They still got what they got, but it doesn't make any sense for people to take from their work. When we sample a record and chop a record up, we're good at that and that's publishing for them. You're not paying anybody for saying his rhymes. They're biting his whole verse and just chopping it into pieces, but nobody's hitting his mom or kids off."
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    Im not a writer ... Im a biter
    This is a thread I got from somewhere else what are your thoughts? ...
    https://youtu.be/ybEZF4Vbe3A

Camron didn't even make this...he found it on the internet
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BedStuy wrote: »

For as popular as jigga is and being from the same borough and friend of Biggie, it is the only acceptable reason to do it. I remember an old interview from the early 2000's Bumpy Knuckles did with HipHopGame.

"A lot of these guys are going into the studio trying to sound like someone else. That's one of the biggest don't-do's in hip-hop. When I first started hearing rappers saying other people's rhymes, I knew hip-hop was going in the wrong direction. We used to beat ? up in the park for that ? . I used to hear so much Biggies quotes, it's disgusting.

Man, listen. (laughs) How do you pay tribute to a ? by spitting his rhymes? That's not a tribute, that's biting. A lot of people say Biggie and 2Pac are the best rappers ever. This is some real ? . Sometimes people praise the dead to insult the living. They don't have the ? to say someone wasn't as good as Biggie. Who cares? Biggie was a don. He did what he did, but you do what you do. Why are you saying Biggie's rhymes? Biggie had his ? . 2Pac and Freaky Tah had their ? . They still got what they got, but it doesn't make any sense for people to take from their work. When we sample a record and chop a record up, we're good at that and that's publishing for them. You're not paying anybody for saying his rhymes. They're biting his whole verse and just chopping it into pieces, but nobody's hitting his mom or kids off."

Biggie does get payed for that tho cause if you look in the album credits, he always gives big the writers credit or sampling credit
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Biggie does get payed for that tho cause if you look in the album credits, he always gives big the writers credit or sampling credit
    I wasn't denying when i replied and posted other info.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    RickyRich wrote: »

that man said you ugly dawg then starts laughing .... ahahahahha
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    How can u be considered 1 of the greatest mcs if your material is copied

to me that's worse then having a ghost writer

yeah Jay-Z has a ghost writer all right his name is Big,Pac and Snoop ....
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I wasn't denying when i replied and posted other info.

I feel you, I'm just saying that about dudes comment. My response was mostly for him
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol that video didn't even catch all the times Jay has bitten, I know there was at least one more he took from 2Pac.
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On the "some people hate" song Jay started his verse with a Pac bite.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    wasnt there a Cam version to this also
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    probably not only J-Z does all the biting
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wasnt there a Cam version to this also

yeah there was

https://youtu.be/TmOQ8FDOLJg
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    one thing i noticed is that they would only show where camron bit like 3 words while jay-z would bite the whole verse

on top of that they threw juelz santanna in there and his biting

that's not fair comparing 2 to 1
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    Not only that Cam would switch it up but j-z would bite it word for word