Colin Kaepernick refuses “to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people”...

Options

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    there needs to be a round table discussion on how to go about this.

a brainstorming session.

this ? looks all over the place and this is why its not taken seriously.

half these ? doing it outta pressure and trying to belong, not even understanding.
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Wasnt ? lewis telling shannon a few weeks back he doesnt agree with the way kap was protesting?

Now he out here on both knees?

He is one upping the comp out chea, maybe that is how he shine massas shoes?
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    eastbay510 wrote: »
    If some teams are gonna do that weak lock arms shot I’d prefer they just didn’t do anything at all.

And lol @ Ray Lewis and LeSean McCoy trying to seem down now after they’ve already exposed themselves.
    King_Me wrote: »
    The players that stood, locking arms together are wack af. The players that knelt with their hands over their heart are wack af. (They should have stood for all of that) All of those ? that are half-assing it are an insult to the ones that are really doing it for the cause.

Either go all out or ? the way.

Although I agree it's weak, I think it's a step in the right direction.

Something is better than nothing.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JJ_Evans wrote: »

So A Aron gone take a knee or nah
  • naledgestate
    naledgestate Members Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    dnyce215 wrote: »
    But Khan donated to Trump 1 million, That is just a PR stunt for him

Two words my brother: Tax cuts. Khan sold his soul a long time ago and doesnt give a ? .

Khan is from Pakistan which has a 95-97% muslim population. Trump ? on muslims for over a year and Khan still gave Trump a millie. Khan doesnt care about religious freedom for muslims or the players.....its all about that chedda.

A million aint ? if you can save 80...90....100, ... + million in taxes which would leave this country broke.
  • JJ_Evans
    edited September 2017
    Options

I hope he doesn’t think a picture of him and his teammates taking a break during practice is the same as kneeling for the anthem.

Nah, Aaron Rodgers has been supporting Kap for a while now. The following is from a month ago........

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/08/30/aaron-rodgers-colin-kaepernick-nfl-free-agency
    Aaron Rodgers on Kaepernick: I Think He Should Be On A Roster; Because Of Protests He's Not

Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers believes that Colin Kaepernick belongs on an NFL roster but his decision to protest the national anthem may have affected his status, he says in an ESPN profile by Mina Kimes.

"I think he should be on a roster right now," Rodgers said. "I think because of his protests, he's not."

Rodgers added that he does not plan on sitting or kneeling during the national anthem out of his personal respect for the flag. Rodgers had a similar view in 2016 when he was first asked bout the national anthem protests by Sporting News and said: "To me, the flag represents the greatest ideals of the United States of America, not the worst. But different people look at different things and have different feelings about it. That’s what freedom of expression is all about."

Rodgers says that he views the decision by other players to protest as peaceful and respectful. He has spoken with teammate Martellus Bennett on multiple occasions about his decision to sit during the anthem and other protests.

"I think the best way I can say this is: I don't understand what it's like to be in that situation," Rodgers told ESPN. "What it is to be pulled over, or profiled, or any number of issues that have happened, that Colin was referencing -- or any of my teammates have talked to me about."
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If David Robinson has something good to say now would be the time...since hes known as the admiral...

But something tells me I dont want that
  • The Hue
    The Hue Members Posts: 760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Hue wrote: »
    The Hue wrote: »
    When all is said and done, my brotha Colin Kaepernick gonna go down as a civil rights icon. My children and grandchildren will definitely know bout what that man fought for and courage that he displayed taking a stand on his own. Much respect to Colin Kaepernick.

i got alot of traveling to do...but i really want to get a KAP jersey and take pics in front of tourist areas

About to cop this

f0ktungqfa87.png

If you buy this shirt, you're giving the NFL your money.

They are profiting off of Kaepernick, while simultaneously blackballing him from working and feeding his family.

Yea you're right, appreciate it. Haven't bought it yet, gonna look on eBay and purchase from a third party.
  • eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I hope he doesn’t think a picture of him and his teammates taking a break during practice is the same as kneeling for the anthem.

Nah, Aaron Rodgers has been supporting Kap for a while now.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/08/30/aaron-rodgers-colin-kaepernick-nfl-free-agency
    Aaron Rodgers on Kaepernick: I Think He Should Be On A Roster; Because Of Protests He's Not

Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers believes that Colin Kaepernick belongs on an NFL roster but his decision to protest the national anthem may have affected his status, he says in an ESPN profile by Mina Kimes.

"I think he should be on a roster right now," Rodgers said. "I think because of his protests, he's not."

Rodgers added that he does not plan on sitting or kneeling during the national anthem out of his personal respect for the flag. Rodgers had a similar view in 2016 when he was first asked bout the national anthem protests by Sporting News and said: "To me, the flag represents the greatest ideals of the United States of America, not the worst. But different people look at different things and have different feelings about it. That’s what freedom of expression is all about."

Rodgers says that he views the decision by other players to protest as peaceful and respectful. He has spoken with teammate Martellus Bennett on multiple occasions about his decision to sit during the anthem and other protests.

"I think the best way I can say this is: I don't understand what it's like to be in that situation," Rodgers told ESPN. "What it is to be pulled over, or profiled, or any number of issues that have happened, that Colin was referencing -- or any of my teammates have talked to me about."

Yeah I know he’s made comments in support of Kaepernick I don’t dislike Aaron I’m just saying from the pic he posted isn’t showing much unless he kneels for the anthem too.
  • JJ_Evans
    Options
    Props to @Cain for understanding my Stevie Wonder post..........LOL
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But Khan donated to Trump 1 million, That is just a PR stunt for him

Two words my brother: Tax cuts. Khan sold his soul a long time ago and doesnt give a ? .

Khan is from Pakistan which has a 95-97% muslim population. Trump ? on muslims for over a year and Khan still gave Trump a millie. Khan doesnt care about religious freedom for muslims or the players.....its all about that chedda.

A million aint ? if you can save 80...90....100, ... + million in taxes which would leave this country broke.

so you telling me....a khan is an owner before a black man?
  • naledgestate
    naledgestate Members Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nah, Aaron Rodgers has been supporting Kap for a while now.

Yeah I know he’s made comments in support of Kaepernick I don’t dislike Aaron I’m just saying from the pic he posted isn’t showing much unless he kneels for the anthem too.

If Aaron were to kneel, them crackas would boycott in the millions.

? would be a huge blow to the league.
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mike Tomlin said Steelers not participating in anthem, staying in the locker room

This is probably what it's going to come to. Either they will keep players in the locker room during the anthem or stop singing that ? all together