The Official World Politics Thread - All Breaking News here.

Options

Comments

• naledgestate
    naledgestate Members Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JJ_Evans wrote: »
    marc123 wrote: »

"Little rocket man" tho.

"Not gonna be around much longer".... more empty threats. FOH. all this
    , ? or get off the ?

Just a "what if" question.........

Trump was praising Kim Jong Un just last year. What if Trump's and Kim's mutual buddy that flew to North Korea at the beginning of his Presidency had the sole purpose of informing Kim Jong Un that it would be beneficial to both Trump and Kim if they played this "fake war" game with one another?

Donald Trump's and Kim Jong Un's mutual buddy is...........

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/13/world/asia/dennis-rodman-north-korea.html?mcubz=0

Kim-and-Rodman.jpg
    Trump_and_Rodman_2009-CC-640x480.png
    M5dLuVT.png

3t5xm3.jpg
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for someone to name me a plausible Executive Order that Obama could have passed to "help black people" more than he was able to do while in office.
    you should remember that a large percentage of Americans literally believe the president is a wizard.

• janklow
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    After throwing Bernie under the bus multiple times, it ain't gonna turn out good for her. She needs to enjoy her life in retirement. No more politics. Enough ? has followed the Clintons that the public has to deal with.
    too much conceit in her to ever really take some blame and let go
    I have been hearing the khamala Harris talk. Establishment Dems are truly lost they put her up against trump in 2020 (if he lasts that long)
    she's a ? but the DNC is damn set on making her the next best thing
  • janklow
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    My ? . We've been down this road so many times already. Hillz lost because:

1) The White women she thought had her back turned on her at zero hour, cause they knew where their TRUE loyalties lied at the moment of truth: their husbands, most of whom was committed to The Tangerine-faced muhfucker. All that "? grabbing" ? didn't matter, because they weren't goin to ? up happy home and go against their "kings of the castle", even if that meant backing a ? narcissistic ? ....they were going to follow those white male footsteps....period.

2) Us black men remember all that ? her and Bill did in the "War on Drugs" in the 90s when he was POTUS, how that effected the black population as a whole, and we weren't letting her off the hook for that ? , especially since she was tap dancing for ? the whole election cycle.

3) The DNC ? on Bernie and didn't even let him get a fair shot to win, which rubbed a ton of Dems and Independents the wrong way. No one wanted Hillz to be forced on us, and that's exactly what the DNC did.

4) Her own ? hubris and arrogance, especially when Bill BEGGED her to hit up battleground states like Wisconsin during the general election season, and she refused, still butthurt that she lost those states to Bernie in the primaries. Also, instead of campaigning hard in the last days, she threw what she thought was a pre-election party with Hov, Bron, Beyoncé, Gaga, and whomever else she thought the people would be sheepish enough to follow.

If you've seen the training montage in Rocky III before Rocky fought Lang the first time, that's what that was. She thought ? was diabetes sweet, and that Orange ? 's campaign blindsided her.

Trust, there's more reasons, but these are the most highlighted ones....
    you know what else would have helped? taking Bernie's advice to not get bogged down in cultural debates over guns and abortion when you're trying to win a winnable election and there's bigger economic fish to fry.

...but you've got to have your Democratic litmus tests

• janklow
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    and calmdown on calling her a "? " we get it you dislike her intensely...
    HRC is the candidate who said she wasn't going to drop out of the primary with Obama because he might have been assassinted like RFK.

? . that. ? .

more on topic: yeah, it's fair to say "i lost the election because of X factors" if you're Clinton. thing is, she LOVES to frame it in a way that indicates she's not willing to actually concede she's responsible.

"i shouldn't have had a private email server, it was a mistake... but i didn't do anything wrong!"
    "i take responsibility for losing the election... but Comey, Russia, Obama!"
  • janklow
    Options
    little-known fact: Arpaio is scumbag of the highest order.

WAIT, DO PEOPLE ACTUALLY KNOW JUST HOW EVIL THIS MAN IS?
    If you are a Trump supporter, the president has just pardoned “America’s toughest sheriff,” a man who was willing to fight illegal immigration using any means at his disposal. If you are a liberal, Trump has pardoned a despicable racist, a man who spent decades casually violating the civil liberties of Latinos. And if you are a balanced and neutral news organization, Trump has pardoned a “controversial” sheriff who faced “accusations of abuse” and “defied a court order.” These are the terms on which the debate about Arpaio is had: is he a vindictive bigot who neglected his prisoners or a steely lawman who dared to enforce immigration policy when the Feds wouldn’t? (Perhaps we’ll just call him “polarizing.”)

But none of these perspectives actually capture the full truth about Joe Arpaio. And I am worried that even those who detest Trump and are appalled by this pardon do not entirely appreciate the depth of Arpaio’s evil, or understand quite how indefensible what Donald Trump just has done is. Frankly I think even Trump may not fully realize the extent of the wrongdoing that he has just signaled his approval of. And I think it’s very important to be clear: the things Joe Arpaio is nationally infamous for, the immigration crackdown and the tent city, these are only the beginning. The word “racist” isn’t enough. The word “abusive” isn’t enough. Joe Arpaio’s actions over the course of his time in office were monstrous and sickening. As Arpaio’s officers were harassing, detaining, and beating citizens and non-citizens alike, with jail employees routinely calling inmates “wetbacks” or leaving them to die on the floor, Arpaio let hundreds of serious sexual abuse cases go uninvestigated, in one case resulting in a child being continually ? . He was not just a “tough” sheriff, but a cruel and incompetent one, faking clearance reports for serious crimes while abusing the power of his office to arrest and intimidate journalists, judges, and county officials. Some of Arpaio’s acts bordered on the psychopathic: in a deranged re-election plot, Arpaio oversaw a scheme to pay someone to attempt to assassinate him, even supplying the man with bomb-making materials, so that he could entrap the fake “assassin” and send him to prison, ruining the hapless man’s life. Arpaio treated the Constitution with contempt, inflicting what the Mayor of Phoenix called a “reign of terror” upon the city’s Latino community. Anybody with a hint of a conscience should be revolted by both Arpaio’s record and Trump’s pardon.
  • janklow
    Options
    Kinda stupid ? is this?
    This is like playing roulette with a fully loaded gun. They don't even have to hit us with anything direct. They got EMPs that will ? us up.
    i, too, i have read a book by William R. Forstchen, but i think that concept is maybe a LITTLE overstated.

• fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    edited September 2017
    Options
    angela-merkel-goal-celebration-gif.gif

gg5en46syitr.jpeg

AFD really Germany , my ? , talk about hustling backwards...
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JJ_Evans wrote: »

"Little rocket man" tho.

"Not gonna be around much longer".... more empty threats. FOH. all this
    , ? or get off the ?

Just a "what if" question.........

Trump was praising Kim Jong Un just last year. What if Trump's and Kim's mutual buddy that flew to North Korea at the beginning of his Presidency had the sole purpose of informing Kim Jong Un that it would be beneficial to both Trump and Kim if they played this "fake war" game with one another?

Donald Trump's and Kim Jong Un's mutual buddy is...........

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/13/world/asia/dennis-rodman-north-korea.html?mcubz=0

Kim-and-Rodman.jpg
    Trump_and_Rodman_2009-CC-640x480.png
    M5dLuVT.png

3t5xm3.jpg

Yo I don't know if it was intentional or not, but that Muppet look kinda like Rodman. lolololol
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    Mister B. wrote: »
    My ? . We've been down this road so many times already. Hillz lost because:

1) The White women she thought had her back turned on her at zero hour, cause they knew where their TRUE loyalties lied at the moment of truth: their husbands, most of whom was committed to The Tangerine-faced muhfucker. All that "? grabbing" ? didn't matter, because they weren't goin to ? up happy home and go against their "kings of the castle", even if that meant backing a ? narcissistic ? ....they were going to follow those white male footsteps....period.

2) Us black men remember all that ? her and Bill did in the "War on Drugs" in the 90s when he was POTUS, how that effected the black population as a whole, and we weren't letting her off the hook for that ? , especially since she was tap dancing for ? the whole election cycle.

3) The DNC ? on Bernie and didn't even let him get a fair shot to win, which rubbed a ton of Dems and Independents the wrong way. No one wanted Hillz to be forced on us, and that's exactly what the DNC did.

4) Her own ? hubris and arrogance, especially when Bill BEGGED her to hit up battleground states like Wisconsin during the general election season, and she refused, still butthurt that she lost those states to Bernie in the primaries. Also, instead of campaigning hard in the last days, she threw what she thought was a pre-election party with Hov, Bron, Beyoncé, Gaga, and whomever else she thought the people would be sheepish enough to follow.

If you've seen the training montage in Rocky III before Rocky fought Lang the first time, that's what that was. She thought ? was diabetes sweet, and that Orange ? 's campaign blindsided her.

Trust, there's more reasons, but these are the most highlighted ones....
    you know what else would have helped? taking Bernie's advice to not get bogged down in cultural debates over guns and abortion when you're trying to win a winnable election and there's bigger economic fish to fry.

...but you've got to have your Democratic litmus tests

Both of you are still hoping people forget that you both helped Trump win by trashing Trump's opponent every day and by foolishly wasting votes on 3rd party candidates that never had a chance to win.

Regarding you two criticizing the Dems for being "bogged down in cultural debates", the emergence of BLM made it impossible to disregard cultural issues. Props to the Dems for not shying away from talking about black issues, because if they would have ignored, I'm fairly sure that they would have been criticized for that as well.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao jared private emails you cant make this ? up
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • naledgestate
    naledgestate Members Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

These are really dark times for America.

This is what we deserve.

Government is only as good as it's people.

If you think it's bad now, wait till Trump passes those tax cuts. 7 trillion will be added to the debt by 2026 and that doesn't include spending if he gets involved in any foreign conflicts. ? could balloon as high as 15 trillion.

By the time 2030 rolls around, America will be Gotham City everywhere.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • stringer bell
    Options
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They trying to fashion her into Joan Lunden.. ? that ?
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Glad HBO putting her on blast! FTB! she think she slick
  • stringer bell
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6tNhMHwN04

https://www.mediaite.com/online/watch-london-mayor-likens-trumps-immigration-rhetoric-to-isis/
    London Mayor Likens Trump’s Immigration Rhetoric to ISIS

London Mayor Sadiq Khan has long had a contentious relationship with President Donald Trump, and in the latest arrow sent across the pond, Khan likened Trump’s immigration rhetoric to the “clash of civilizations” language used by terror group ISIS.

Khan first noted that he is a “reluctant participant” in the feud between the two during a Guardian Live event, before addressing the U.S. president’s renewed calls for a travel ban.

“Think about what you’re saying,” Khan said of Trump’s calls during the 2016 election to ban Muslims from the United States. “Because what you’re saying is not dissimilar to what Daesh — or so-called ISIS — is saying.”

“They say there’s a clash of civilizations, it’s not possible to be a Muslim and a Westerner, and the West hates us,” he continued. “And you’re inadvertently playing their game, you’re helping them with what they need people to believe.”

“But also, think about the contribution proud Americans who are Muslim make to your country,” Khan said.

“I think it’s wrong to give the impression that Islam and the West are incompatible,” he concluded.