Options

Comments

• Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Mastery
    Options
    http://www.boxingnews24.com/2017/09/badou-jack-vacates-wba-belt-wont-fight-bivol/

Badou Jack a whole hoe haha. ? just won the WBA title in August when he fought Cleverly and he vacated the belt so he wouldn't have to fight Dmitry Bivol. Bivol would have KO'd Jack and I would have gladly dropped $$$ on that. Chump.
  • Mastery
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    http://www.boxingnews24.com/2017/09/badou-jack-vacates-wba-belt-wont-fight-bivol/

Badou Jack a whole hoe haha. ? just won the WBA title in August when he fought Cleverly and he vacated the belt so he wouldn't have to fight Dmitry Bivol. Bivol would have KO'd Jack and I would have gladly dropped $$$ on that. Chump.

? next fight better be announced versus Stevenson haha

The classic risk vs reward argument. What gets me is he JUST won the belt one fight ago haha
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Al haymon made jack vacate just like before.... prolly paid him well to do it
  • Mastery
    Options
    Mayweather, Klitschko, Ward, Jones Create 2022 HOF Debate

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-klitschko-ward-jones-create-2022-hof-debate--120811

Only 3 can get in annually. I see Ward not getting in from this class. Thoughts?
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When someone ask for receipts they aint talkin about the names of the stores b

Oh well thats the best you gonna get from me!
  • D. Morgan
    Options

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-klitschko-ward-jones-create-2022-hof-debate--120811

Only 3 can get in annually. I see Ward not getting in from this class. Thoughts?

I say Ward, Mayweather and Jones gets in if all was fair.

Just because of politics Klitschko will probably get in before Ward but based off merit and who should go in 1st ballot Ward should go in over Klitschko IMO.
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see Rigo is a keyboard warrior but can't look into the camera when ppl are talking to him
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/golovkin-promoter-mayweather-knew-what-ggg-him--120816
    Golovkin's Promoter: Mayweather Knew What GGG Does To Him

In several recent interviews, former five division world champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. (50-0, 27 KOs) has continued to claim that a potential fight with middleweight king Gennady Golovkin would have been "easy work."

He felt Golovkin brought nothing to the table, so the contest was never seriously discussed. But Golovkin, on several occasions, made it clear that he was willing to squeeze himself down to the junior middleweight limit of 154-pounds for the contest. Mayweather has held the WBA, WBC belts at 154.

Mayweather, 40 years old, snapped a two year retirement last month and stopped UFC superstar Conor McGregor at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The fight took place at the junior middleweight of 154.

Golovkin, aged 35, returned to the same Las Vegas venue on September 16th, and went to twelve round draw with Saul "Canelo" Alvarez. Golovkin retained his WBA, WBC, IBO, IBF world titles with the verdict.

Before that fight had taken place, Mayweather made numerous predictions in favor of Canelo - expecting the Mexican fighter to win the bout by knockout and downplaying Golovkin as a robotic type of fighter with a big punch.

Mayweather dominated Canelo over twelve rounds back in 2013, but the Mexican superstar has become a much better fighter since that defeat. They are likely heading to a rematch in May of 2018.

Tom Loeffler, promoter for Golovkin, believes his fighter would have stopped Mayweather and he says Floyd also knew what would happen and that's why there were never any discussions to get the fight done.

"There were never serious talks. We can't blame Floyd because he was never in the [middleweight] division. If he was in the division it would be a different story but he's never fought at 160 pounds," Loeffler told Sky Sports.

"Floyd said it would be 'easy work' because GGG has 'no special effects' but realistically they know what the outcome would have been."
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/daniel-jacobs-clarifies-role-al-haymon-eddie-hearn-union--120801
    Daniel Jacobs Clarifies Role of Al Haymon in Eddie Hearn Union
    By Radio Rahim

This past Saturday night, former middleweight champion Daniel Jacobs (32-2, 29 KOs) officially revealed that he signed a multi-fight promotional agreement with UK-based promoter Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Sport.

Jacobs also signed a multi-fight agreement with HBO.

When all of the news was revealed, there was a lot of confusion over the relationship between Jacobs and his longtime adviser, Al Haymon.

Most Haymon fighters are not contractually tied to any promoter in particular. That was one of the big issues when an army of his fighters were competing under the promotional banner of Golden Boy Promotions - nearly all of Haymon advised fighters were basically working with Golden Boy without a promotional agreement - including Jacobs. That Haymon, Golden Boy relationship officially fell apart in early 2015.

Haymon would usually hook up with his promotional partners to stage events under the Premier Boxing Champions banner.

And the majority of Haymon's business is conducted with HBO's main network rival, Showtime.

Jacobs becomes the first high profile Haymon advised fighter to sign a promotional deal and also a deal with Showtime's competitor.

This move could obviously lead to more Haymon advised fighters making similar moves. On Sunday, former champion Carl Frampton - who is advised by Haymon - announced that he signed a promotional deal with Frank Warren.

Jacobs indicates that nothing has changed between him and Haymon. He says the powerful adviser is here to stay and won't be on the outside looking in.

"Promotion-wise, we got one of the best promoters in the game, Eddie Hearn. I love the guy, he's tremendous at what he does. And I look forward to getting pushed. We still have Al on board. Al will always be my adviser. He was my adviser since the beginning of my career and when I hang my gloves up he'll be my adviser then as well. I have a full fledged circle and it's working in my favor," Jacobs told BoxingScene.com.

"I think its a great opportunity to have everyone on my team. Their job is to make that these [big] fights are made. Adding different pieces to the puzzle now, it makes more sense in getting me the opportunities even faster. Al has always been a mastermind, Al has always gotten me the big fights, but now it's kind of become harder getting some of these guys because they are in different places. But now we're down with the team, I think it's that much easier."
  • Mastery
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

Just because of politics Klitschko will probably get in before Ward but based off merit and who should go in 1st ballot Ward should go in over Klitschko IMO.

You really think this? I'd like to know why you think Klitschko doesn't get in over Ward. Not even going to mention Mayweather or Jones cause we both know they are a lock. Klitschko has just as much, if not more merit than Ward.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You really think this? I'd like to know why you think Klitschko doesn't get in over Ward. Not even going to mention Mayweather or Jones cause we both know they are a lock. Klitschko has just as much, if not more merit than Ward.

but u cant name one ? whoever whooped his ass tho lol....that ? got a spot clean boxing record from amateur, olympics and professional how the ? does he not get in first ballot
  • D. Morgan
    edited September 2017
    Options

It's not his fault but Klitschko fought in a weak ass era of HW, lost to fighters in his prime that the he shouldn't have lost to. Ward's resume is better and he never lost.

I for sure believe Klitschko should get in just not before Ward.

You ? really telling me yall feel Wladimir Klitschko not Vitali(the better brother) deserves to get the nod before Ward?

HOW!!!??
  • JLacey
    JLacey Members Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Any of you ? got Wilder over Ortiz? I got 100 on Ortiz
  • aneed123
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Wasrd should get in before wlad...his career was more impressive. Wlad caught 2 ass whoopins to purity and sanders folk... along with the joshua ko and perceived weak era... its not his fault but it does factor
  • Mastery
    Options

It's not his fault but Klitschko fought in a weak ass era of HW, lost to fighters in his prime that the he shouldn't have lost to. Ward's resume is better and he never lost.

You ? really telling me yall feel Wladimir Klitschko not Vitali(the better brother) deserves to get the nod before Ward?

HOW!!!??
    You can't say "it's not his fault, but." haha If it's not his fault, it's not his fault.

Idk bruh. He fought in a record 29 heavyweight championship fights and successfully defended at least one version of the title 23 times, including 18 straight during his second reign, which covered nine years. Had one of the most dominant Heavyweight runs in history.

And Vitali is def the better of the two brothers.

Idk man, for all that Ward has accomplished I don't think he's a lock when placed against Klitschko. You have legit reasons as to why Ward should get the nod, but I'm not @aneed123 haha I don't automatically choose the black fighter for everything lol

I just feel like Ward left much to be desired when he chose to sit for so long (in his prime years, at that). Only fought once in 2012, once in 2013, none in 2014 and once in 2015.

We gonna have to agree to disagree bruh haha
  • Mastery
    edited September 2017
    Options
  • Mastery
    edited September 2017
    Options
  • Mastery
    Options

but u cant name one ? whoever whooped his ass tho lol....that ? got a spot clean boxing record from amateur, olympics and professional how the ? does he not get in first ballot

I didn't say he doesn't get in first ballot. I'm saying he may not be a lock going up against Klitschko. Read ? haha
  • Mastery
    Options
    JLacey wrote: »

I think most folks in here are of the opinion that Wilder about to get beat up haha
  • aneed123
    Options

HOW!!!??
    You can't say "it's not his fault, but." haha If it's not his fault, it's not his fault.

Idk bruh. He fought in a record 29 heavyweight championship fights and successfully defended at least one version of the title 23 times, including 18 straight during his second reign, which covered nine years. Had one of the most dominant Heavyweight runs in history.

Idk man, for all that Ward has accomplished I don't think he's a lock when placed against Klitschko. You have legit reasons as to why Ward should get the nod, but I'm not @aneed123 haha I don't automatically choose the black fighter for everything lol

I just feel like Ward left much to be desired when he chose to sit for so long (in his prime years, at that). Only fought once in 2012, once in 2013, none in 2014 and once in 2015.

What ward leave to be desired when he was hurt shoulder surgery and his promoter was trippin.... ward win the super 6 then he beat dawson tgen he moved up and beat the boogeyman twice while beating a guy loke barerra... wlad got 3 ko losses is a,weak division where he beat up on smaller guys...keep it 100...
  • aneed123
    Options

HOW!!!??

What ward leave to be desired when he was hurt shoulder surgery and his promoter was trippin.... ward win the super 6 then he beat dawson tgen he moved up and beat the boogeyman twice while beating a guy loke barerra... wlad got 3 ko losses is a,weak division where he beat up on smaller guys...keep it 100...
  • aneed123
    Options

I think most folks in here are of the opinion that Wilder about to get beat up haha

I got wilder nl
  • Mastery
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

I got wilder nl

@JLacey
  • aneed123
    Options
    lol I aint betting