You know you have a subpar job when...

Options

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when ? come to work excited cuz the new place up the street is paying $8.50/ an hour
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    when the police pulled into your job parking lot to make personal calls...

but 3/4 of your job stays in for lunch cause they got warrants
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sheeiit, one day I was about 300 ft from my job and pulled over to the side of the road and called in.

? i just did that ? last wednesday
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When the "head cashier" is your supervisor.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    shtoopid wrote: »
    When I first moved to LA, I worked a string of ain't ? jobs, lmao i got stories for days.

When you apply, and get hired on the spot, mfs don't even look at your resume

One warehouse literally had me do a 5 question test to make sure I knew how to read and write. i watched a three minute safety video and started working later that day.

It's atleast 5 mexicans who speak no English, 3 teenagers who look like they do xanax, and a ? fresh out of jail with red chucks, and a face tattoo

Everybody files exempt on their taxes

It's a ? selling weed on the job, and a female giving head in the bathroom. managers don't care long as they can get the plug

When it's your first day and co-workers openly tell you about how thrash the job is, when they're gonna quit and which places pay better

When it's your first week and you're damn near the best employee

Bonus points if your co-workers tell you to relax, it's not that serious when they see you doing your job quickly and effectively

When your managers misspell 5 letters words, and ? up simple addition and subtraction

When you tell your co-workers you went to school and they're surprised cause you're the only one

When you quit short notice to finish school, or for better opportunities and your managers are lowkey proud of you

I glanced at your avi and thought you were Kat then I seen the N word and I was like what the ? lol.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I first moved to LA, I worked a string of ain't ? jobs, lmao i got stories for days.

When you apply, and get hired on the spot, mfs don't even look at your resume

One warehouse literally had me do a 5 question test to make sure I knew how to read and write. i watched a three minute safety video and started working later that day.

It's atleast 5 mexicans who speak no English, 3 teenagers who look like they do xanax, and a ? fresh out of jail with red chucks, and a face tattoo

Everybody files exempt on their taxes

It's a ? selling weed on the job, and a female giving head in the bathroom. managers don't care long as they can get the plug

When it's your first day and co-workers openly tell you about how thrash the job is, when they're gonna quit and which places pay better

When it's your first week and you're damn near the best employee

Bonus points if your co-workers tell you to relax, it's not that serious when they see you doing your job quickly and effectively

When your managers misspell 5 letters words, and ? up simple addition and subtraction

When you tell your co-workers you went to school and they're surprised cause you're the only one

When you quit short notice to finish school, or for better opportunities and your managers are lowkey proud of you

This ? work for Pinky
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    when the IC is down an you got nothing but time
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when the job post is vague as hell.

"Consulting work" lmao
  • fuc_i_look_like
    edited September 2017
    Options
  • fuc_i_look_like
    edited September 2017
    Options
  • fuc_i_look_like
    Options
    Trollio wrote: »
    damnkp wrote: »
    When you see a ? smoking ? during your 15 min break

? did coke lines in the bathroom

My homie is a prep chef at a high end place & he says its common af to walk in the bathroom and hear employees/customers doing lines lol. Apparently coke is pretty common in the restaurant industry cuz alot of them dont drug test & because they work long hours
  • Lady_Capoeira
    Lady_Capoeira Members Posts: 197 ✭✭
    Options
    SimplyKrys wrote: »
    LUClEN wrote: »
    When your manager or supervisor is way younger than you

True, when I worked at Cosi (restaurant similar to Panera Bread) I had a manager that was a year younger than me. When I found that out I was like "damn I really need to finish school and get a job that is higher on the totem pole."

Damn bish!! How many jobs did you actually had?
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lurker6 wrote: »
    When your lunch break is 30 min

Who outside of walmart is givin hour lunches tho???
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »

Who outside of walmart is givin hour lunches tho???

Every job I've had since 1998 gave us a full hour for lunch. When I was in defense, them 1hr lunches could regularly turn into 2 hrs if a group of us went somewhere like Yardhouse. Leave at 12, beer gets to flowing, stories told, food ate then you look up and it's a quarter to 2. Walk back in the office like it ain't ? .
  • fuc_i_look_like
    Options

Ehhh i dont need an hour lunch break at work. A 30min lunch means i get to be home 30mins earlier.
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

A 30min lunch means i get to be home 30mins earlier.

Only way this make sense is if you aint gettin paid on lunch which prob should be on the list too
  • King Ghidorah
    King Ghidorah Members Posts: 917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When a ? leave work mad so you go to the bathroom for a while bcause you 100% sure he about to U-turn back in the building with the burner.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Literally woke up this morning, said "nah" called in and went back to sleep
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When your job cant afford to cater for company parties, yall instead do potlucks. smh

Ay, don't hate on the potluck, especially if you work with a lot of older women.

But you're right, it shouldn't all be potlucks, lol.