Options
    Bron isn't going to Lakers either

nope he comin to OKC lmao
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Dont see melo there in the future

He has a player option next summer that if he opts out he'll walk away from 28 mil.Duke will be 34 now there's a chance he can get a 3 year 40-45 mil type deal but all the teams wit max slots rebuilding(hawks,bulls,sixers,lakers).The rest of the fa's gonna wait for lebron and either follow him like the lap dogs they are or go to the lakers cuz aint no where else to go.Lamarcus hoe ass said he had knee tendinitis last season & is on a mission this year lol,so if he opts out(goes to the suns like he almost did in '14) along wit rudy & danny green opting out the spurs may be able to add some cats.My point is melo can opt out and re-sign with okc at a lower annual salary or go somewhere else but his options aren't strong and you know melo all about his dough, but if lebron bounces the lap dogs could follow the leader to l.a. or possibly s.a.Pg is who okc wants to sign & how okc does this year will determine what they do

Im way too sauced to read this paragraph right now but i think melo finds hia way to bron or cp3
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20864858/nba-memo-reinforces-rule-players-coaches-stand-national-anthem
    NBA reiterates to teams: Stand for anthem

The NBA sent a memo late Friday to teams reinforcing its rule that players and coaches stand for the national anthem, and suggesting other ways in which they might address the recent protest movement sweeping across the NFL and other sports.

The memo, a copy of which was obtained by ESPN, was distributed by deputy commissioner Mark Tatum. It instructs teams that "the league office will determine how to deal with any possible instance in which a player, coach, or trainer does not stand for the anthem."

The memo states that individual teams "do not have the discretion to waive" the rule that players, coaches and staff stand for the anthem. The league has the discretion to discipline players who violate the rule. It is not clear if the league would exercise it in the event of any protest. The league also does not want teams independently disciplining players, sources say, and has encouraged open dialogue within teams.

In the memo, Tatum suggests teams might address the current political climate by having players and coaches give a joint pregame address at their first home games.

"This could include a message of unity and how the team is committed to bringing the community together this season," the memo states.

The memo also suggests teams might prepare a video tribute or public service announcement featuring "team leadership speaking about the issues they care about."

The memo comes a day after commissioner Adam Silver said he expects players to stand for the national anthem.

Last season, NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick began kneeling during the national anthem as a means of protesting social and racial injustice, and police brutality. Dozens of NFL players followed suit last Sunday, two days after President Donald Trump said owners should fire players who protest during the anthem. The Dallas Cowboys locked arms and knelt just before the national anthem before their Monday Night Football game. Before the national anthem ahead of Game 1 of the WNBA Finals, players from the Los Angeles Sparks and Minnesota Lynx locked arms; L.A. players then left the floor during the anthem. The Sparks repeated the protest ahead of Game 2.

The NBA is seeking a delicate balance in how it responds to the wave of protests in sports and the general political climate surrounding the administration of Trump. Silver and Michele Roberts, executive director of the players union, have consistently urged players to address issues that matter to them. Tatum's memo does the same. It also suggests other ways in which teams can "continue to develop impactful community programs," including mentorship programs, community gatherings, using basketball itself to "build bridges" between segments of a community and inviting community leaders to speak to teams.

Several players went further on media day and explicitly condemned Trump and his policies. Some owners, while in some cases sympathetic to those views, have expressed concern about such statements alienating fans who might support the president, sources tell ESPN.

The league in the past week has sent teams at least two other memos outlining ways other than anthem protests in which teams can engage their communities and address current events. In one memo, sent on Tuesday, the league informed teams that beginning in October, the U.S. Conference of Mayors "will host a series of community conversations and other events with NBA teams to engage young people, law enforcement, and local leaders."

Roberts told The Undefeated's Marc Spears on Friday that the union will respond to any protest-related discipline from the league office "when it happens."
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    @af.r.i.c.a. What's your thoughts on Zion Williamson?

Potential generational talent. Calling him a a freak athlete would be a slight to him.I fear it could end up ultimately being his undoing. He gets beat up a lot but he's just so strong and powerful that he brushes off contact but that ? adds up and takes a toll.

For a guy as gifted as he is the most impressive quality he possesses is his high motor and killer instinct. He's rarely ever coasting always attacking always looking to dominate his opponents. Super physical and active on both ends. The jumper is still a question mark and he doesn't really make his team mates better but that should come in time. Hard to come up with a proper comp for him. I've seen Bron(not nearly as skilled) bigger Barkley Jabari ect but he's so just so unique. Bagley was his only real competition for the top pick in 2019 but now that he's out the way Zion will be a no brainer for the first pick. Honestly he might be pro ready right now.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

I like the breakdown but he doesn't mention how the bulls as a whole couldn't spread the floor and it made the lanes congested for everyone

? would literally have what maybe one 3 point shooter in the floor if you want to be generous

And now that he's back with Bron pretty sure he's giving wade HGH kits

Warriors in 5
  • Ghost of Jaemooms
    Ghost of Jaemooms Members Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I could sense the objectivity from the very beginning of the vid....Lmaooo

"An Injured Isaiah Thomas put a big damper on there plans" What?? Lmaooo

Everybody knew about his injury and how long it would take him to come back well before the trade happened.

First off they say IT will be back by early January at the latest...dude already said he been hooping with no pain...just hasn't played against teammates yet...

D-Wade pretty much admitted that he'll be coming off the bench and won't mind in the press conference earlier today.

So because we need D Wade to play 10 to 15 minutes a game off the bench and average 10 points....Sooooo why would compare Kyrie to D-Wade...were not asking them to do the same thing at alllll...not even close..lol

My man said we're vulnerable to lose to the Celtics lmaoo....all objectivity went out the door...

maihsf5mttwp.gif
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cavs in 5. Warriors don't stand a chance against us.
  • time_is_mon3y
    time_is_mon3y Members Posts: 250 ✭✭
    Options
    What's a good podcast show for NBA fantasy...on spotify or tune in radio
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I like the breakdown but he doesn't mention how the bulls as a whole couldn't spread the floor and it made the lanes congested for everyone

? would literally have what maybe one 3 point shooter in the floor if you want to be generous

Warriors in 5

When wade got injured the bulls had better offense,defense,3 point shooting,more assists & shot better fg%.They went 7-4 and beat 4-5 playoff teams.They had a streak where they hit double digit 3's like 7 games in a row & shot 39% from 3's as a team which was 6th in the nba.Wade sucks he's useless in todays league.Lol @ anybody thinking this washed clown will make any difference.Nobody the cavs added this off season will put them any closer to a title.

"cheap seats the best place to talk basketball" man please
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options

Potential generational talent. Calling him a a freak athlete would be a slight to him.I fear it could end up ultimately being his undoing. He gets beat up a lot but he's just so strong and powerful that he brushes off contact but that ? adds up and takes a toll.

For a guy as gifted as he is the most impressive quality he possesses is his high motor and killer instinct. He's rarely ever coasting always attacking always looking to dominate his opponents. Super physical and active on both ends. The jumper is still a question mark and he doesn't really make his team mates better but that should come in time. Hard to come up with a proper comp for him. I've seen Bron(not nearly as skilled) bigger Barkley Jabari ect but he's so just so unique. Bagley was his only real competition for the top pick in 2019 but now that he's out the way Zion will be a no brainer for the first pick. Honestly he might be pro ready right now.

Rj Barrett is more skilled and just as athletic he's going #1.Zion is way bigger than everybody he plays, he can't shoot for nothin and bullies most his comp.6'7 lance stephenson that's who he plays like

Langford,reddish and Barrett are more impressive prospects than williamson imo(zion has hype helping him)
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

Warriors in 5

When wade got injured the bulls had better offense,defense,3 point shooting,more assists & shot better fg%.They went 7-4 and beat 4-5 playoff teams.They had a streak where they hit double digit 3's like 7 games in a row & shot 39% from 3's as a team which was 6th in the nba.Wade sucks he's useless in todays league.Lol @ anybody thinking this washed clown will make any difference.Nobody the cavs added this off season will put them any closer to a title.

Of course they had better 3PT shooting they took a ? out that doesn't shoot that ain't saying much ? had rondo,wade,butler on the floor and some inconsistent shooters

We all said it was gonna be ass floor spacing from jump nobody expected rondo to attempt to start shooting tho

and them young ? hated wade of course y'all played better when he was out

He outright let ? pass him on defense that ? is sad . but I didn't watch Chicago I honestly only saw the good games I'm use to wade making only difficult shots never dawned on me its like that because he can't go no dam where anymore

I really don't understand what this man is going to do for the cavs they needed to better there defense badly he out here looking like a turnstyle

But after saying that he ain't starting he can be manu
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options

Warriors in 5

Of course they had better 3PT shooting they took a ? out that doesn't shoot that ain't saying much ? had rondo,wade,butler on the floor and some inconsistent shooters

We all said it was gonna be ass floor spacing from jump nobody expected rondo to attempt to start shooting tho

and them young ? hated wade of course y'all played better when he was out

He outright let ? pass him on defense that ? is sad . but I didn't watch Chicago I honestly only saw the good games I'm use to wade making only difficult shots never dawned on me its like that because he can't go no dam where anymore

I really don't understand what this man is going to do for the cavs they needed to better there defense badly he out here looking like a turnstyle

But after saying that he ain't starting he can be manu

You said the bulls had nobody to spread the floor or had 1 3 point shooter at times but as soon as high usage rate iso ? wade is out the bulls playing good team basketball,splashin 3's,high assist games the whole 9.Literally Every category offensively & defensively to measure a team improved without wade every single one.

my point is this aint 2009-2011 nobody give a ? about wade or rose acquisitions and the cavs are pretenders
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cavs supposedly got 2 starting lineups but watch this ? Bron be one of the league leaders in minutes again
  • Beta
    Options
    Oh yeah I forgot JR smacked the ? outta crowder and ended his season

Now they teammates
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Rj Barrett is more skilled and just as athletic he's going #1.Zion is way bigger than everybody he plays, he can't shoot for nothin and bullies most his comp.6'7 lance stephenson that's who he plays like

Langford,reddish and Barrett are more impressive prospects than williamson imo(zion has hype helping him)

i always considered him a smaller julius randle. he won't be great in the league
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Preseason starts tonight, Denver Golden State and Minnesota LA

Apparently the Nuggets still haven't decided whose going to be the starting point guards between Jamal Murray and Mudiay

Trey Lyles has been impressing people in the organization and the Nuggets want him to get the back up power forward minutes instead of Faried which adds a little more context to that quote @beta posted
  • Beta
    Options
    Murray should win that PG battle...mudiay about to be back in uganda in a few years

Lyles can actually hit shots and is younger and more versatile than faried

Plus I think the ghost of darrell arthur is still there...they good

• AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Murray should win that PG battle...mudiay about to be back in uganda in a few years

I remember wishing the Knicks take Mudiay with the 4th pick when rumors came out that the Knicks was gonna take KP with the pick.

Man im glad they aint do that.

In my defense though, im a fan of a team that does nothing right, so I had no faith in their decisions.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Preseason starts tonight, Denver Golden State and Minnesota LA

Apparently the Nuggets still haven't decided whose going to be the starting point guards between Jamal Murray and Mudiay

Trey Lyles has been impressing people in the organization and the Nuggets want him to get the back up power forward minutes instead of Faried which adds a little more context to that quote @beta posted

I feel for Faried, plus hes from Newark so I'll always root for him to do good and make as much money as possible, but its only so much you could do as just a high energy player.

He should be happy that he got that contract with the Nuggets in the first place. Not saying that hes gonna be out of the league cause hes good enough to be on the bench for any team, but hes probably never getting a contract as big as his current one.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol at Uganda