The Official 2017 NFL Season Thread

Options

Comments

• DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    offense is beyond trash, we hopefully catch a break next week since OAK should have a backup QB playing
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    offense is beyond trash, we hopefully catch a break next week since OAK should have a backup QB playing

Carr expects to play
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »

Marty needs to be fired or flacco benched, something gotta shake. This like the 3rd straight year playing Oakland too like wtf?
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20890048/fans-philadelphia-eagles-made-los-angeles-chargers-feel-visiting-team-home
    Eagles' fans leave Chargers feeling home alone

CARSON, Calif. -- Winless on the team's three-game homestand in a new city, the Los Angeles Chargers can point to one thing that has been consistent: opposing fans taking over the stadium.

It started with the Miami Dolphins, when some Chargers' players initially thought Younghoe Koo had made his potential winning field goal attempt from 44 yards because of the Dolphins' fans screaming their approval when his kick sailed wide right.

The following week, Kansas City Chiefs fans filled the 27,000-seat stadium with red, making it look like Arrowhead Stadium West.

And on Sunday, Philadelphia Eagles fans were perhaps the rowdiest of the three games.

The Chargers were loudly booed coming out of the tunnel for player introductions. And the stadium filled mostly with fans clad in green Philadelphia Eagles' gear chanting "Let's go Eagles" -- basically taking over the facility in terms of crowd noise with their team salting away a 26-24 victory at the end of the game.

"We kind of knew," Eagles center Jason Kelce told reporters after the game. "We heard I guess on StubHub like 70 percent of the sales were from the Philadelphia area, so we kind of knew it was going to be at least close. And then right when you came out of the locker room to open the game, the cheers for Philadelphia coming out, we knew it was going to be a big crowd for us."

Added Eagles tackle Jason Peters: "It's almost like the Chargers got 16 away games. It's going to be tough sledding for those guys."

Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers has taken notice, growing accustomed to playing in a home stadium that does not offer a home-field advantage.

It started a couple of years ago with the Chargers suffering through losing seasons the final two years in San Diego and fans staying away because of the stadium impasse. And now the issue has followed the team to Los Angeles, a new market where the Chargers are trying to carve out a fan base.

Starting the season 0-4 isn't helping to sell the Chargers to an L.A. NFL fan base that seems uninterested at best.

"It's certainly not ideal. ... I don't think in a lot of ways it compares to other teams having three straight home games," Rivers said. "Yeah, it's tough. We were able to communicate. We didn't have to go silent count. But it's certainly not as ideal as you would love it. We've got to deal with what it is right now."

Now 0-4, the Chargers actually hit the road for the next two games, facing the New York Giants at MetLife Stadium and then travelling to the Bay Area to face the Oakland Raiders before returning for their next home game Oct. 22 against the Denver Broncos.

"We have to give the people something to stand up and cheer about," Chargers coach Anthony Lynn said about the team's fans at the StubHub Center. "We can do that. Win a home game; we can do that. I am sure our fans would appreciate that."
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So is Flacco still top 5?
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Lookin forward to seeing deshaun vs the chiefs next sunday. First game against an actual good defense.
  • Lowercase_G
    Lowercase_G Members Posts: 252 ✭✭
    Options
    Trubisky starting next week. Probably got pressured because of how well Deshaun Watson has done.
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lookin forward to seeing deshaun vs the chiefs next sunday. First game against an actual good defense.

Bengals defense is legit. It’s their QB who sucked in that game.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »

Bengals defense is legit. It’s their QB who sucked in that game.

True but that was a short week.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Glennon lasted 4 gms. Damn
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Buffalo's defense though....

Fkn beast. I'm still mad but time to rest up & get healthy with this early bye week.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    @numbaz...80's baby tried to tell yall about the eagles

Philly winning the East
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    I didn't get to see any of the Atlanta and Buffalo game but did Ryan look washed without Jones?

@Shizlansky

He looked washed b4 Julio and Sanu got hurt. The whole Offense needs time to get it together. Defense is winning our games.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't get to see any of the Atlanta and Buffalo game but did Ryan look washed without Jones?

@Shizlansky

He looked washed b4 Julio and Sanu got hurt. The whole Offense needs time to get it together. Defense is winning our games.

Defense winning y'all games?

Makes me even madder that 2 LSU players that my squad passed up on starting for y'all.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Speaking of LSU, Beckwidth been good money for us so far.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Shizlansky

Makes me even madder that 2 LSU players that my squad passed up on starting for y'all.

Nah Duke Riley back to tackling mfers 4 yards pass the line of scrimmage just like he was at LSU. He is not Deebo.

Atlanta defense is built off of speed. Buffalo is built like Bama. Buffalo was damn near getting 3-4 yards per carry. Not too many teams built that way so Atlanta hasnt anything to worry about. Add in that Buffalo defense can rush 4 and hold their own is another reason.

Atlanta would have won the game if Jones and Sanu was healthy. Buffalo had too many chances to put the game out of reach but couldn't because their offense is still limited. Atlanta started to commit to the stopping run and they had noone to make them pay over the top.

If Jones and Sanu is out for a significant amount of time. Then it will be a problem but if they come back healthy. The offense will just outscore people and that falls right into the defense hands.

• King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We could witness a Bills/Rams Super Bowl.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Duke ain't Deebo or Kwon or Beckwith

But dude can run sideline to sideline and that's what they must want him to do with RH position he plays. I don't see him making a lot of TFL for his position
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options

@Shizlansky

2 of the 3 wins had pick sixes. Multiple interceptions and multiple fumbles. 2 games were won from goal line stops
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited October 2017
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »

@Shizlansky

Nah Duke Riley back to tackling mfers 4 yards pass the line of scrimmage just like he was at LSU. He is not Deebo.

Atlanta defense is built off of speed. Buffalo is built like Bama. Buffalo was damn near getting 3-4 yards per carry. Not too many teams built that way so Atlanta hasnt anything to worry about. Add in that Buffalo defense can rush 4 and hold their own is another reason.

Atlanta would have won the game if Jones and Sanu was healthy. Buffalo had too many chances to put the game out of reach but couldn't because their offense is still limited. Atlanta started to commit to the stopping run and they had noone to make them pay over the top.

If Jones and Sanu is out for a significant amount of time. Then it will be a problem but if they come back healthy. The offense will just outscore people and that falls right into the defense hands.

@caddo man

Duke Riley plays our Will LB. That's our coverage LB. All of his tackles are 4 yards down field because he's doing what he's supposed to be doing. Pass-defense 1st then play the run. He's doing just fine.

If Julio and Sanu were healthy, the Falcons would have won by outscoring them. You're right.....Thats after the pick six, Matt's 2 other interceptions and offense's 2 fumbles though. The same thing happened in the Detroit game.

The defense is carrying them ? .

We had a rookie starting at Free Safety so they took advantage of that yesterday. 2 D-linemen, including Beasely, was out so the pass-rush declined.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Giants suck...offense gets kinda right then the defense n special teams fall apart
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Giants might as well give this season up. The question will be, do they take Barkley, or do they take an OT.

Take best available Lineman in first RD...if it's a close call take the Tackle and sign a veteran Tackle or Guard. Also draft multiple linemen in later eds. One of them has to pan out