The I Watched Recently Thread *possible spoilers*

Options

Comments

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Also started watching American gods. Dope show so far. Only 3 episodes in but worth checking if you haven't seen it already

American gods is a dope af. Real good show. Mr Nancy scene on the slave ship was goat.

Tho it kinda lost me at the end, im still lookin 4ward to S2
  • marc123
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Get%20Shorty%20copy.jpg
    Get Shorty is an American comedy-drama television series based on the 1990 novel of the same title by Elmore Leonard as well as the Barry Sonnenfeld-directed 1995 film, adapted by Davey Holmes. The first season will consist of ten episodes, and premiered on Epix on August 13, 2017. On August 23, 2017, the series was renewed for a second ten episode season.

Middle of binging this new show called Get Shorty, on some channel called Epix. Fun watch imo. Feels like a FX show tho. Certain parts of it feel like a bootleg Fargo.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I loved the movie get shorty, might have to check that out
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I watched the first episode of Bosch last night. It seemed good I'll keep watching.
  • marc123
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    I watched the first episode of Bosch last night. It seemed good I'll keep watching.

I ? with bosch heavy, solid show imo
  • marc123
    edited September 2017
    Options
    61skXGRL8DL._SX940_.jpg

Jus binged S2 of One Mississippi. This is like a version of Curb where the main character is a cancer surviving ? , who moves from LA to mississippi n all that entails. Its awkward n bland but its funny af. Only 6 eps tho. Gets really dark towards the end.
  • chgarcia345
    chgarcia345 Members Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    61skXGRL8DL._SX940_.jpg

Jus binged S2 of One Mississippi. This is like a version of Curb where the main character is a cancer surviving ? , who moves from LA to mississippi n all that entails. Its awkward n bland but its funny af. Only 6 eps tho. Gets really dark towards the end.

Seen her face before in some comedies..
  • marc123
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    61skXGRL8DL._SX940_.jpg

Seen her face before in some comedies..

She does that Larry David kinda comedy. She funny imo
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    She has a stand up on netflix that was pretty decent. It was after she got diagnosed I think. She's got a weird name lol
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Checked out a seties from syfy called channel zero: candle cove. I was hesitant to watch from it being syfy, but this ? is dope. They base the story off of creepy pastas and the first season is candle cove. Check out the trailer for it, show is creepy as hell.

https://youtu.be/NJgHZCnpm1w
  • marc123
    Options
    spider-man-homecoming-official-t-770x430-e1494535331965.jpg

Finally watched spiderman. I was a huge spidey fan as a kid, as an adult not so much. But this is easily the best spiderman movie ever. And it was funny af. Really good plot imo, great supporting characters and a really good villian. I dug it, had alotta laughs, very fun watch. And i didnt even mind all the heavy handed liberal stuff, it felt like it was coming from a good place. Tho the stakes never really felt super high.

s/o to the James Baldwin poster.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    FINALLY a link dropped for this:

P_HO00004718.jpg

I checked it out yesterday and this film was GREAT!

For those unfamiliar, the film is based on the true story of how Kumail and his current wife met eachother.

Kumail plays himself as a up and coming stand up comic in Chicago. He has a very strict Pakistani family who is trying to arrange him a marriage, but he ends up meeting a white girl named Emily at one of his shows and the two of them hit it off. They see eachother for a few months and it begins to get serious, but due to Kumail keeping Emily a secret from his family, problems arise between the two and they break up. Not long after the break up Kumail finds out Emily is in the hospital and as he goes to visit her the Doctors have to put her in a medically induced coma. Kumail has to contact her family and make them aware of whats going on and he meets her parents and starts to bond with them for a few weeks while Emily is in a coma.

The movie is produced by Judd Apatow and the film is ? great. Awesome story and really funny but really serious at the same time. Could be called a "Rom-Com" but don't let that scare you away from it, its a super good movie. 9/10!!
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    decided to watch 'carol' (2015) since it was on netflix and i been a fan of cate blanchett since 'notes on a scandal' and 'elizabeth'

it is based on the novel the price of salt. basically a young female store clerk and a middle aged women carol (cate blanchett) fall in love and have a fling. on top of that carol is trying to finalize her divorce. then it is set in the early 50s maybe, so they have to keep everything hush hush

i'd give it a A- , B....acting and story was good to great...liked the visuals, costumes

• marc123
    edited September 2017
    Options
    be3f4704dae8c2cdc0ef98764d6c4da1.jpg

Jus binged USA's mini seris The Sinner. A woman kills a random dude on the beach in broad day light infront of about a two dozen ppl. The plot reveals why she may have did it. Solid mystery, i dug it.
  • marc123
    edited September 2017
    Options
    difficult-people-hulu-trailer.jpg

Jus binged S3 of Hulu's Difficult People. Kinda hit or miss. But its solid. LOL at the trans guy n super ? guy. They are funny af.
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Exorcist season 2 fox
  • marc123
    Options
    people-of-earth-tbs-season-2-premiere-canceled-renewed-e1498488519817.jpg

Binged People of Earth S2. Comedy about a group of ppl who are in support group for ppl who were abducted by aliens. And the aliens who abduct them. Its iight. The aliens are funny. Solid background noise kinda watch.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Dethklok2.jpg

Been binging Metalocalypse on Hulu the passed couple days. I always watched it on Adult Swim when it was airing, but i never watched it from episode 1 in its entirety. ? is funny AF
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dark tower movie was alright, for someone who read every book in the series I can say they should have went the game of thrones route with a multi season storyline.a
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Dark tower movie was alright, for someone who read every book in the series I can say they should have went the game of thrones route with a multi season storyline.a

They still got the TV Show coming out that i hear Idris Elba is playing the gunslinger in again. Dunno if its supposed to be a prequel or whole new story or what.
  • marc123
    edited October 2017
    Options
    baby-driver-et00040794-14-03-2017-09-05-24.jpg

Baby Driver, It was iight imo. I def wasn't feelin it as much as the rest of the internet. It was different n cool. But it was jus okay for me.
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Going to see Marshall..thurgood Marshall story before the weekend over with
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mc317 wrote: »
    Exorcist season 2 fox

5sb7xwi49vpk.jpg

dope so far

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just started that Hand of ? show on Amazon prime.

That is pretty good its a lil weird as well but so far I like it.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Geralds-Game-poster-620.jpg

This stephen king adaption on Netflix.

One of the better films based off of a King novel. Especially in this decade. Worth the watch! Dont wanna give too much away, but ? goes crazy but finds herself. I wanna check out the book now.