Pro-Life GOP Congressman Allegedly Urged Mistress to Get Abortion…

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
https://www.mediaite.com/online/pro-life-gop-congressman-allegedly-urged-mistress-to-get-abortion/
Tim Murphy is a Republican congressman and leading pro-life conservative — he also allegedly asked his mistress to get an abortion, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Murphy, who has represented Pennsylvania’s 16th congressional district since 2003, admitted to having an extramarital affair last month and his old lover is accusing him of being hypocritical in his pro-life beliefs.

“You have zero issue posting your pro-life stance all over the place when you had no issue asking me to abort our unborn child just last week when we thought that was one of the options,” texted the Republican congressman’s ex-mistress in response to an anti-abortion post on Murphy’s Facebook page.

Per documents received by the Pittsburgh newspaper, Murphy responded by saying, “I get what you say about my March for life messages. I’ve never written them. Staff does them. I read them and winced. I told staff don’t write any more. I will.” Interestingly, Murphy denies writing the anti-abortion Facebook post himself but does not deny asking his mistress for an abortion.

According to the Post-Gazette piece, Murphy has been praised by the Family Research Council — a hardline evangelical nonprofit — and endorsed by LifePAC for his stance on abortion in congress.
Additionally, he co-sponsored the upcoming 20-week abortion ban legislation that he will presumably vote for. If the accusation from his mistress is to be taken as fact, his public and private record on the issue would present a different story on his conservative views.

The woman, Shannon Edwards, was a close friend of Murphy’s who began having an affair with him after the two worked together on mental health legislation. However, in September, Murphy made a statement calling the affair “nobody’s fault but my own.”

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She won't need an abortion if you only do ? .
  • stringer bell
    Options
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Screen-Shot-2017-10-03-at-5.30.10-PM.jpg

Damn that's the look of no concern, of no worries... Of no ? given
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Screen-Shot-2017-10-03-at-5.30.10-PM.jpg

Ol' write a thesis lookin ass boy.
    Ol' help a stripper through college by trying to be her tutor ass boy.
    Ol' this quarter on my jacket means the world to me ass boy.
    Ol' beartrap jaw ass boy.
    Neantherdal face structure ass boy.
    Ol' squinty eyes cause his big ass head is too heavy for the rest of his face ass boy.
    But his caveman approved jaw can put the team on its back doe...ass boy.
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is not a surprise. I’m sure this happens more often than “pro-life” GOP members like to admit.
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no surprise, they stay being hypocritical ......this reminds me of the anti-? Republican senator that got caught with a man in an airport toilet stall several years ago
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    313 wayz wrote: »
    no surprise, they stay being hypocritical ......this reminds me of the anti-? Republican senator that got caught with a man in an airport toilet stall several years ago

Was fake news
  • stringer bell
    Options
    https://www.mediaite.com/online/gop-rep-tim-murphy-wont-seek-reelection-following-mistress-abortion-allegation/
    GOP Rep. Tim Murphy Won’t Seek Reelection Following Mistress Abortion Allegation

Earlier this week, it was reported that Rep. Tim Murphy (R-PA) had allegedly urged his former mistress to get an abortion. This bombshell allegation came on the heels of Murphy admitting last month that he had an affair with the woman.

Of course, due to his pro-life and social conservative stances, the scandal over his affair and accusation that he asked his ex-mistress to get an abortion was likely going to have a major impact on Murphy’s political career. And he decided to address that today.

In a statement given to KDKA political editor Jon Delano, Murphy said that he would retire at the end of his current term:

After discussions with my family and staff, I have come to the decision that I will not seek reelection to Congress at the end of my current term.

I plan to spend my remaining months in office continuing my work as the national leader on mental health care reform, as well as issues affecting working families in southwestern Pennsylvania.

We have accomplished much in the past year through the Helping Families in Mental Health Crisis Act and there is much work yet to be done.

In the coming weeks I will take personal time to seek help as my family and I continue to work through our personal difficulties and seek healing. I ask you to respect our privacy during this time
    .”

According to Delano, Murphy was given two choices by GOP leaders in Washington — either resign now or announce that he would retire at the end of his term. He chose the latter.

The woman Murphy was having an affair with at the time reportedly sent a text message to Murphy in which she told him: ”You have zero issue posting your pro-life stance all over the place when you had no issue asking me to abort our unborn child just last weekend when we thought that was one of the options.”

At the time, both of them thought she was pregnant. It would later turn out not to be the case.
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's a hypocrite but it sounds like she set him up with a fake pregnancy.
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Know what I realized about some white people. They eat their young for survival..

Lemme...break this down right quick

itgbhdr3lmhm.gif

A lot of these conservatives and such that scream this take out country back, and the way things used to be ? . Don't realize that they way things used to be.. was how they saw things from the eyes of a child.

They are quick to tell you how their grandfather worked at the mill and blah blah blah. They're dad was a hard working blah blah blah. Whole heartedly grew up believing the people around them were righteous men of righteous cause.

Then they grow and realize the world ain't that ? simple. And instead of bringing that reality to their young. They feed they're young the same ? they was fed. So they can inturn, breed em into blue collar stiffs and feed off of their ignorance.

Then point the finger at the ? , arabs, asians, and Jews. And say "they stole your American dream." Then they use that faux unity to keep themselves and a select few fed.

And the illest thing is that it's been going on for decades and the closest they come to waking up are fake conspiracy theories on moon landings and ? like pizza gate.

These folks just let huge corporations come into ur town. ? ur economy, and leave ur town wit a bunch of empty factories. Right infront of ur own eyes. And ur chasing hidden clues about ? ? on pizza boxes.

Any wonder that they don't understand black lives matter?
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    grYmes wrote: »
    This is not a surprise. I’m sure this happens more often than “pro-life”ERS GOP members like to admit.

fixed..
    muthafuckas be hollering pro life til they daughter gets pregnant before she’s out of highschool or by a ? ..

• stringer bell
    Options
    https://www.mediaite.com/online/gop-rep-tim-murphy-to-resign-following-mistress-abortion-allegations/
    GOP Rep. Tim Murphy to Resign Following Mistress Abortion Allegations

A day after he released a statement saying he would retire at the end of his current term and not seek reelection, Rep. Tim Murphy (R-PA) has now decided that he will instead resign from Congress this month.

In a statement from Speaker of the House Paul Ryan, it was announced that Murphy had given Ryan his letter of resignation and that the speaker accepted and supported it.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    well... that was quick
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good riddance!
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    babelipsss wrote: »
    He's a hypocrite but it sounds like she set him up with a fake pregnancy.

And it didnt take him 24hrs to abandon his "beliefs"...

? didnt even wait for the verification