The Official World Politics Thread - All Breaking News here.

Options

Comments

• farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? is real talk tho, there needs to be tests, evalutions etc to see if your not a complete ? idiot before you try and run for president
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    Trump is definitely a once in a lifetime President.

you mean once in a lifetime ? and pretty much tillerson made the news conference today so trump can tweet and call the story as fake news smh
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So this broads people are dying n ? but she has power to make a shirt? Very bad

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    So this broads people are dying n ? but she has power to make a shirt? Very bad

donald-trump-shrugs-it-off-gif.gif
  • Angeles1son85
    Options
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/zinke-probed-use-private-jet-attend-meeting-hockey-team
    Zinke Being Probed For Use Of Private Jet To Attend Meeting With Hockey Team

The inspector general for the Interior Department is looking into the mode of travel Secretary Ryan Zinke used to attend a meeting with the Vegas Golden Knights hockey team, CNN reported Thursday.

Reuters was first to report on Friday that the inspector general was looking into Zinke’s travel and CNN confirmed that two Democratic members of Congress requested that the IG include the hockey team meeting — which cost taxpayers $12,375 to attend — in its probe.

Reps. Raul Grijalva (D- AZ) and Donald McEachin (D-VA) sent a letter to the Interior Department’s inspector general on Monday claiming Zinke could have taken a commercial flight home from Las Vegas if he hadn’t met with the team. They said Zinke doesn’t seem to see an issue with the expensive travel.

“Despite receiving substantial negative press, and despite Department of Health and Human Service Secretary Tom Price’s recent resignation over his use of privately chartered flights, Secretary Zinke made clear he will continue to use them,” they wrote.

The Office of Special Counsel has also opened a Hatch Act investigation into Zinke’s meeting with hockey players this summer. Zinke reportedly gave an inspirational speech to the Golden Knights, a team owned by Bill Foley, who was a major donor to Zinke’s campaign when he was running for Congress in 2014, according to CNN.

An Interior Department spokesperson told CNN that the private jet was booked for the meeting with the Golden Knights after no other commercial forms of travel were available. The trip was approved by the department’s ethics office, the spokesperson said.

The probe into Zinke’s travel is the sixth known investigation into how cabinet members are traveling on the taxpayer’s dime.

• stringer bell
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZViXbMSnUXo

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/kellyanne-conway-blames-cnn-for-covering-russia-over-gun-control-in-vicious-spat-with-chris-cuomo/
    Kellyanne Conway Blames CNN For Covering Russia Over Gun Control in Vicious Spat With Chris Cuomo

Kellyanne Conway appeared on CNN to face off with Chris Cuomo Thursday morning, and things got about as nuts as they can get on early-morning cable news, with the two engaging in a messy rhetorical fistfight over President Donald Trump’s response to Las Vegas and Puerto Rico — that at times got pretty personal.

Things kicked off with Cuomo asking Conway about Trump’s comments that now is not the time to talk gun control and mental health issues, asking “why not take this challenge on right now?”

Conway replied that Trump was focused on consoling the victims of the Las Vegas shooting on Thursday, before pointing out that “bump stocks” — the device that allowed the shooter’s near automatic fire — were declared legal by the ATF in 2010, when Barack Obama was president.

The White House counselor then seemed to blame Democrats like Clinton, Sen. Bernie Sanders and Sen. Elizabeth Warren for tweeting more about Russia than gun control, before turning her ire towards CNN: “It approximates CNN’s own coverage: your obsession with Russia has been to the exclusion of this conversation.”

That jab at the network did not sit well with Cuomo, who shot back “Kellyanne, I’m tired, so I apologize in advance, but I have to tell you — a lot of this just doesn’t wash.”

“Don’t cheapen what happened in Las Vegas,” Cuomo continued, as Conway protested “no, no, no, don’t go there, to get the soundbite.”

The two went back and forth about the appropriate time to talk about gun control in the wake of a mass shooting, before Cuomo declared: “You need to seize on the urgency of this otherwise it will never happen. ”

“If you care about the victims, you care about why they were killed,” he continued.

“You know ? well he cares about those victims,” Conway replied. “And you shouldn’t say otherwise, and you know it.”

“I never said otherwise!” Cuomo shot back. “Kellyanne it’s so obvious when you run away from a point and try to blame the questioner.”

“We’re all banking on him caring. Puerto Rico we wanted him to care, we wanted him to care about it when he wasn’t talking about it, when he was talking about the NFL. We went down there to show the need. It’s not fake to show need! It’s not fake.”

“Somebody hit a nerve!” Conway quipped.

“Sure he does! When he maligns an entire crisis by saying it’s fake, by saying it’s not that bad by saying it’s not like Katrina? It’s offensive, it hits a nerve.”

Conway defended the administration’s response to Puerto Rico’s crisis, before again bashing CNN for its focus on Russia and “phony baloney collusion.”

“Nobody who’s investigating it says it’s phony baloney,” Cuomo replied.

Conway then criticized CNN for not having graphics about bump stocks, and Cuomo cried back: “It’s the first time we’ve seen it used in a mass murder — what are you talking about!?”

The vicious spat between the two old sparring partners continued for a while, and shockingly, no common ground was found.
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/sanders-doesnt-think-trump-believe-media-outlets-investigated
    White House Tries To Dial Back Trump’s Call For Senate To Investigate Media

White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Thursday that she doesn’t think President Donald Trump necessarily wants to see the Senate Intelligence Committee investigate American media outlets, despite Trump tweets to the contrary.

On Thursday morning Trump lashed out on Twitter at the media and the Senate Intelligence Committee, which is probing Russian meddling in the 2016 election, asking why the committee isn’t looking into “Fake News Networks in OUR country.”

When asked whether Trump believes that the Senate Intelligence Committee should investigate American media organizations Thursday during a White House press briefing, Sanders dialed back from Trump’s remarks.

“I don’t know that that’s the case,” she said. “But I do think that we should call on all media to a higher standard. … I think you have a lot of responsibility and a lot of times false narratives create a bad environment, certainly aren’t helpful to the American people and you have a responsibility to provide and report fair and accurate details. When we don’t, that’s I think, troubling for all of us.”

When asked if Trump values the First Amendment, she said the President is an “incredible advocate” of the freedom of the press, but said “with those freedoms also come responsibilities.”

She then went on to complain about the lack of positive news coverage of the administration and listed all the positive moves Trump has made since entering the White House, claiming those are the things Americans want to hear about.

“Not a lot of the things you cover, not a lot of the petty palace intrigue that you spend your time on. I think we need to move towards a certainly more fair, more accurate and frankly a more responsible news media for the American people,” she said.

Trump’s tweets were apparently in response to a Wednesday NBC report that said Secretary of State Rex Tillerson called Trump a “? ” and that he wanted to resign this summer. Both Tillerson and Trump said the report wasn’t true. NBC has stood by its reporting.
  • stringer bell
    Options

Huckabee Sanders on Trump’s ‘Fake News’ Claims: You Have ‘Opinions That Are Being Presented as News’

During today’s White House press briefing, Sarah Huckabee Sanders faced a question about whether there’s any concern about President Trump’s cries of fake news “muddying the water” between news he doesn’t like and “actual fake news…countries like Russia used to interfere in the last election.”

“I think that the President,” she responded, “has a great frustration with the fact that a lot of times you have inaccurate information that’s being presented as factual. A lot of times you have opinions that are being presented as news and they’re not.”

Sanders said they’re bothered by “any stories that are inaccurate or untruthful being presented to the American people as facts.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K824FEuubQ

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/brooke-baldwin-on-sarah-sanders-slamming-opinion-driven-news-isnt-that-basically-fox-news/
    Brooke Baldwin on Sarah Sanders Slamming Opinion-Driven News: ‘Isn’t That Basically Fox News?’

CNN’s Brooke Baldwin took a shot at Fox News during a post-White House briefing panel on President Trump’s accusations of fake news.

Jim Acosta had asked Sarah Huckabee Sanders if the President values the First Amendment as much as he values the Second Amendment, in response to tweets like this from Trump

At one point, Huckabee Sanders said that part of the fake news the administration doesn’t like involves opinion being pushed as fact.

In response, Baldwin made this observation:

She said, ‘We see a problem with any story that’s opinion that’s put out as fact.’ So Brian Stelter, isn’t that basically Fox News? The President’s go-to TV channel?”

Brian Stelter noted how the Fox News interviews Trump has done recently have been with “his friends on the opinion side,” and not the network’s news anchors.
  • Angeles1son85
    Options

he was tired he wasn't even really trying to correct her he was like ? it moving on lol

quick question what ever happen to this story and her paperwork she ever show it?

Was Melania Trump an undocumented immigrant who worked illegally in the U.S.?Back in February, in one of her first interviews, she aggressively defended her husband’s immigration policies by asserting that she was one of the good immigrants:
    “I followed the law. I never thought to stay here without papers. I had a visa, I traveled every few months back to the country to Slovenia to stamp the visa. I came back, I applied for the green card, I applied for the citizenship later on after many years of green card. So I went by system, I went by the law. And you should do that, you should not just say let me stay here and whatever happens, happens.”
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

he was tired he wasn't even really trying to correct her he was like ? it moving on lol

quick question what ever happen to this story and her paperwork she ever show it?

Was Melania Trump an undocumented immigrant who worked illegally in the U.S.?Back in February, in one of her first interviews, she aggressively defended her husband’s immigration policies by asserting that she was one of the good immigrants:
    “I followed the law. I never thought to stay here without papers. I had a visa, I traveled every few months back to the country to Slovenia to stamp the visa. I came back, I applied for the green card, I applied for the citizenship later on after many years of green card. So I went by system, I went by the law. And you should do that, you should not just say let me stay here and whatever happens, happens.”

i believe her work or student visa expired and she just stayed
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • stringer bell
    Options
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/heres-how-breitbart-and-milo-smuggled-white-nationalism?utm_term=.xj29Xr5YD#.dvvNJ6zWO
    Here's How Breitbart And Milo Smuggled ? and White Nationalist Ideas Into The Mainstream

A cache of documents obtained by BuzzFeed News reveals the truth about Steve Bannon’s alt-right “killing machine.”

[img]https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2017-10/5/16/asset/buzzfeed-? -fastlane-03/sub-buzz-26012-1507236596-3.jpg?downsize=1040:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto[/img]

[img]https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2017-10/4/16/asset/buzzfeed-? -fastlane-03/sub-buzz-2126-1507149802-2.jpg?downsize=1040:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto[/img]

[img]https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2017-10/4/13/asset/buzzfeed-? -fastlane-01/sub-buzz-10901-1507136828-1.jpg?downsize=1040:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto[/img]
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/reports-trump-will-announce-intent-to-decertify-iran-deal
    Reports: Trump To Announce Intent Next Week To Decertify Iran Nuclear Deal

President Donald Trump is expected to announce his intent next week to decertify the Iran nuclear deal, several outlets reported Thursday.

The Washington Post reported, citing unnamed sources briefed on “emerging” White House policy regarding Iran, that Trump plans to make the announcement next week, leaving the next steps in Congress’ hands.

CNN and Reuters confirmed the Washington Post report. Reuters reported, citing an unnamed senior administration official, that Trump’s announcement will be part of his rollout of the White House’s broader strategy for Iran.

Decertifying Iran’s compliance with the deal would not immediately end the accord, but would leave Congress to decide whether or not to reinstate economic sanctions on Iran that were suspended under the agreement.

In mid-September, amid the United Nationals General Assembly, Trump was noncommittal about the Iran nuclear deal. “You’ll see very soon,” the President told reporters, adding, “We are talking about plans constantly, we’ll see.”

Over the summer, Trump reportedly asked his aides to give him a rationale to declare Iran in violation of the historic pact.

• naledgestate
    naledgestate Members Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trump is going to start ? with N. Korea.
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chief of Staff Kelly cellphone compromised

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/chief-staff-john-kelly-phone-found-compromised-article-1.3543984

White House chief of staff John Kelly’s personal cellphone was compromised for months before a breach was discovered by staffers, according to a report on Thursday.

Kelly’s phone was on the fritz for nearly half of a year, including his tenure as secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, before White House tech support staff uncovered that the device had been breached, Politico reported.

It’s unclear who was behind the hack and what information they were able to access on the device.

Kelly turned the phone over to IT staffers during the summer, complaining that it had not been operating properly for months, sources told Politico.

Kushner re-routed personal email account to Trump biz server
    It was determined that the phone had been compromised and Kelly has since used a different phone.

An official told Politico that Kelly also uses a government phone when he’s inside the White House.

A memo detailing the breach was sent to West Wing staffers in September, according to the report.

Word of the breach comes after an internal probe was launched last month into the use of personal email addresses by White House staffers, including President Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner.
  • stringer bell
    edited October 2017
    Options

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/report-trump-pence-livid-about-tillerson-? -report
    Report: Trump, Pence Livid About Report Tillerson Called POTUS A ‘? ’

Contrary to his sunny public statements, President Donald Trump was none too pleased by a report that his own secretary of state had threatened to resign and openly disparaged him as a “? ,” NBC News reported Thursday evening.

In a report that doubled as a laundry list of unnamed White House sources, NBC News’ Andrea Mitchell described the mobilization of top White House aides to contain the aftermath of an NBC News report on Tillerson’s actions and remarks.

Trump on Wednesday said he was “very honored” by Tillerson’s unscheduled remarks to reporters, and called the NBC News report “a totally phony story.”

In private, however, Trump was “furious” about the report, Mitchell reported, citing five unnamed senior administration officials, and White House chief of staff John Kelly abandoned plans to travel with him to Las Vegas in order to “manage the fallout.”

And Mitchell reported, citing seven unnamed senior officials, that the report left Pence “fuming.”

Tillerson’s unscheduled press conference on Wednesday, where he did not deny calling the President a “? ,” was a result of a conversation Pence had with the secretary of state, according to Mitchell.

Kelly then met with Tillerson and Secretary of Defense James Mattis, Mitchell reported, citing three unnamed officials, to discuss their strategy.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    ? is being kind...should have called him a ?
  • stringer bell
    Options
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/heres-how-breitbart-and-milo-smuggled-white-nationalism?utm_term=.xj29Xr5YD#.dvvNJ6zWO
    Here's How Breitbart And Milo Smuggled ? and White Nationalist Ideas Into The Mainstream

A cache of documents obtained by BuzzFeed News reveals the truth about Steve Bannon’s alt-right “killing machine.”