D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    @Tommy bilfiger aren't you a cubs fan?

Yea

I'm a Nats fan. Avi bet on the series?

I'll pass on the avi bet.Good luck tho

Cool, can't say good luck cause I need yall to lose but I can say may both teams stay healthy!
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Top 8 West predictions

GSW
    HOU
    OKC
    MIN
    SA
    DEN
    POR
    NO

Left out: LAC, MEM, UTAH, LAL

Top 8 East

BOS
    CLE
    WAS
    TOR
    MIL
    MIA
    DET
    BK

Left out: PHI, CHA, NYK

Fixed...

took my ? Lakers out threw Denver in at 6th seed, they are too loaded... Also took Charlotte out and put in the Nets, I been high on them all summer I like what they doing.. dropped NO to 8th for losing to Chicago smh, leaning LAC for 8th but there are always health concerns so I'm a fall back for now

Disgusting

Speak on it fuqboy

Took you for the nuggets to beat the lakers 3x to put them as a playoff team, you knocked NO down off of one game against the bulls, you put the nets in and hornets out
  • Beta
    Options
    Nets will be arguably a 9th seed though at their best
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Top 8 West predictions

GSW
    HOU
    OKC
    MIN
    SA
    DEN
    POR
    NO

Top 8 East

BOS
    CLE
    WAS
    TOR
    MIL
    MIA
    DET
    BK

Fixed...

took my ? Lakers out threw Denver in at 6th seed, they are too loaded... Also took Charlotte out and put in the Nets, I been high on them all summer I like what they doing.. dropped NO to 8th for losing to Chicago smh, leaning LAC for 8th but there are always health concerns so I'm a fall back for now

Disgusting

Speak on it fuqboy

Took you for the nuggets to beat the lakers 3x to put them as a playoff team, you knocked NO down off of one game against the bulls, you put the nets in and hornets out

• joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Top 8 West predictions

GSW
    HOU
    OKC
    MIN
    SA
    DEN
    POR
    NO

Top 8 East

BOS
    CLE
    WAS
    TOR
    MIL
    MIA
    DET
    BK

Fixed...

Disgusting

Speak on it fuqboy

I'm a damn Laker fan u numb nut, of course I'm gonna go out my way to put LA in just out of loyalty and hope alone... NO has bad depth and I like Portland and Denver a whole lot better as comprised... Batum is out 3 months that's gonna hurt a weak wing group for the Hornets... these are preseason projections ? , they are usually always optimistic outlooks
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    idk if it was here, but i told people that ben simmons at LSU was very meh. I mean, yea, the rest of the team was ass, but he never seemed engaged and teams would just sag off him and pack the paint daring him to shoot jumpers.

I would've hoped by now, he would've developed something, but he's a year behind his draft class as far as development goes. I really liked watching him handle the rock tho. I hope he can have a good year this season.

Simmons a taller rondo imo.
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    idk if it was here, but i told people that ben simmons at LSU was very meh. I mean, yea, the rest of the team was ass, but he never seemed engaged and teams would just sag off him and pack the paint daring him to shoot jumpers.

I would've hoped by now, he would've developed something, but he's a year behind his draft class as far as development goes. I really liked watching him handle the rock tho. I hope he can have a good year this season.

That's one way to look at it.

You can also say that Simmons got a year once healed to workout with pro trainers to work on weaknesses and sharpen skills he already, practice against pros and not worry about his game being criticized on national tv for bad games. Also he got to do all that getting used to the nba travel schedule that wears a lot of rookies down during the season.

Simmons having a nba red shirt year has it advantages and disadvantages IMO.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im not gonna lie, all I know about Simmons is based off hype, never really watched him play.

To those who did watch him, I know his shot is bad but how is his form when shooting? Are his mechanics off? Or does he have good mechanics but he just bricks a lot?

Cause if its not an issue with his actual shot mechanics, he'll get better with practice and once he gets his confidence up. If his mechanics are off, then its much harder to ever get better.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    Im not gonna lie, all I know about Simmons is based off hype, never really watched him play.

To those who did watch him, I know his shot is bad but how is his form when shooting? Are his mechanics off? Or does he have good mechanics but he just bricks a lot?

Cause if its not an issue with his actual shot mechanics, he'll get better with practice and once he gets his confidence up. If his mechanics are off, then its much harder to ever get better.

https://youtu.be/gLy4KNnbs9w

You be the judge. I ain't worried about it at all right now.. I'm more concerned about Fultz bcuz he is gonna be counted on to get buckets.
  • AZTG
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »

You be the judge. I ain't worried about it at all right now.. I'm more concerned about Fultz bcuz he is gonna be counted on to get buckets.

In that video it looks good, he plants his feet well, gets decent lift, elbows face the basket, he extends his shooting arm a bit too much but thats no huge deal. In that video his form looks good.

But thats just a video of him taking shots in practice. Im more worried about his form in game with a defender running at him.

If he keeps that form in game then sixers dont have much to work about as long as Simmons has work ethic and practices.

Much easier to become a better shooter when you dont have to recreate your shot.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I don't wanna get my hopes up but man....
  • O.G.
    Options

In that video it looks good, he plants his feet well, gets decent lift, elbows face the basket, he extends his shooting arm a bit too much but thats no huge deal. In that video his form looks good.

But thats just a video of him taking shots in practice. Im more worried about his form in game with a defender running at him.

If he keeps that form in game then sixers dont have much to work about as long as Simmons has work ethic and practices.

Much easier to become a better shooter when you dont have to recreate your shot.

Ben's shooting is the go to knock on him just bcuz he doesn't jack up 3's. Other than college highlights people really don't have enough data to pick apart his game so the shooting issue will come up. Greek Freak ain't the most polished shooter but his impact on his team is tremendous and his jumper is hardly criticized. If Ben gives Philly that type of production than i am very satisfied. Right now his best tool is his mismatch advantage he will have with his size. If he plays to his strength he will get buckets via backdowns, in the lane or on the free throw line.
  • gifted
    gifted Members Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't know his shot like that. I know it's practice but his form and technique is good. That's all I need to know. I know Bron ain't making no 10 in a row like that.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ben's shooting is the go to knock on him just bcuz he doesn't jack up 3's. Other than college highlights people really don't have enough data to pick apart his game so the shooting issue will come up. Greek Freak ain't the most polished shooter but his impact on his team is tremendous and his jumper is hardly criticized. If Ben gives Philly that type of production than i am very satisfied. Right now his best tool is his mismatch advantage he will have with his size. If he plays to his strength he will get buckets via backdowns, in the lane or on the free throw line.

He can't shoot at all what the ? are you talking about nobody said he had to jack up 3s he got a tebow jumper its broken he looks mad lost if attempts to.pull up I've seen the college highlights

That flashy passing ? has its limits and hasn't shown to be slasher like.Gianni's

Gianni's had a middy,post game , can slash with the best of them

I just think its dumb that ? play professional ball without some type of jump shot how you in the NBA and now have to learn how to shoot I dont get that ?
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Simmons is Lamar Odom 2.0
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

So you saying he going to be a junkie in the future?
  • O.G.
    edited October 2017
    Options

He can't shoot at all what the ? are you talking about nobody said he had to jack up 3s he got a tebow jumper its broken he looks mad lost if attempts to.pull up I've seen the college highlights

That flashy passing ? has its limits and hasn't shown to be slasher like.Gianni's

Gianni's had a middy,post game , can slash with the best of them

I just think its dumb that ? play professional ball without some type of jump shot how you in the NBA and now have to learn how to shoot I dont get that ?

And you can tell all of this by 1 SL game and 1 Pre season game? ( which i am sure you didn't watch) You smart af then. It's a damn shame this kid sat out a year and didn't try to improve not one aspect of his game. Bcuz we all know that a player in college is gonna be the same player as a pro. :/ Not one lotto pick from that draft is gonna be better than Simmons so we just gonna have to say that we agree to disagree.
  • O.G.
    Options

Is that so bad tho?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is that so bad tho?

wtf? Lamar was nice in his day
  • O.G.
    Options

Is that so bad tho?

wtf? Lamar was nice in his day

That's my point.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Simmons biggest issue will be he has short arms. He already can't shoot but he will have trouble finishing with a short wingspan and he already soft as is
  • Beta
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    Top 8 West predictions

GSW
    HOU
    OKC
    MIN
    SA
    DEN
    POR
    NO

Top 8 East

BOS
    CLE
    WAS
    TOR
    MIL
    MIA
    DET
    BK

Fixed...

Disgusting

Speak on it fuqboy

WHAT man?

Tell me your issue so I can son you

I'm tired of you B lol
  • Beta
    Options
    Top 8 West predictions

GSW
    HOU
    OKC
    MIN
    SA
    DEN
    POR
    NO

Top 8 East

BOS
    CLE
    WAS
    TOR
    MIL
    MIA
    DET
    BK

Fixed...

Disgusting

Speak on it fuqboy

I'm a damn Laker fan u numb nut, of course I'm gonna go out my way to put LA in just out of loyalty and hope alone... NO has bad depth and I like Portland and Denver a whole lot better as comprised... Batum is out 3 months that's gonna hurt a weak wing group for the Hornets... these are preseason projections ? , they are usually always optimistic outlooks

Stopped reading here because you admitted to being biased
  • AZTG
    Options
    Some of yall ready to write Simmons off already but dude got all the potential in the world, so ima give him a bit more time