YouTube streams will count towards Album sales

Options
13»

Comments

• LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Bruh, if this ? is in Chicago, I'm takin my ass right back to Nashville. I ain't got time for this ? yall bwahahahahahaha

You moved to the Chi?

Sumn like that, fam.
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Troy ave about to come up

lmao nah he aint
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TonyDubbz wrote: »
    Troy ave about to come up

lmao nah he aint

Troy ave making more money than alot of these ? but stay sleep
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    MySpace was the beginning to all of this

You know how many MySpace rappers about to come back out for a plaque? My ? Tay Zahnday with the Chocolate Rain about to surpass LEGENDS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwTZ2xpQwpA

Let that sink in: Michael Jackson is gonna be surpassed by cats going viral with Frooty Loops.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In a world where fake accounts run amok it isn't the best idea to allow continuous view amounts count toward a plaque for a single or an album. The best solution would be to cap the amount of views from youtube to only 500,000 units or gold status. That way if your ? is viral enough to get hella views you get a gold plaque. Anything past that should be purchased singles and or streams from a paid account on any website.

While people view ? on youtube even before pulling up spotify, youtube is a very "passive" way to look at content. It would almost be like counting 1 single sale =every 3,000 people listening to ? on the radio or in the club.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In a world where fake accounts run amok it isn't the best idea to allow continuous view amounts count toward a plaque for a single or an album. The best solution would be to cap the amount of views from youtube to only 500,000 units or gold status. That way if your ? is viral enough to get hella views you get a gold plaque. Anything past that should be purchased singles and or streams from a paid account on any website.

While people view ? on youtube even before pulling up spotify, youtube is a very "passive" way to look at content. It would almost be like counting 1 single sale =every 3,000 people listening to ? on the radio or in the club.

Bruh...

Do you know better than RIAA how they should do their business?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bruh...

Do you know better than RIAA how they should do their business?

I know they are trying to make it a easy as possible for musicians to get gold and plat as soon as possible. These some GTA cheat code type updates to the benchmarks. Next thing we know they are going to count every time someone mentions a song in public = 1 album sale.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just answer the question. You got this certification ? figured out better than the RIAA?
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    VIBE wrote: »
    MySpace was the beginning to all of this

You know how many MySpace rappers about to come back out for a plaque? My ? Tay Zahnday with the Chocolate Rain about to surpass LEGENDS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwTZ2xpQwpA

Let that sink in: Michael Jackson is gonna be surpassed by cats going viral with Frooty Loops.

Tay Zonday - the OG YouTube musician. The bredrin deserves to go platinum.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is this strictly for official accounts? What about random accounts that have music on them? Are music videos included?
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is this strictly for official accounts? What about random accounts that have music on them? Are music videos included?

I'm thinking official accounts and Vevo accounts (since some lables don't ? with Vevo a la WMG). Videos are likely included, don't quote me though, it's purely speculation on my end.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    So how long before we have to pay for youtube?

I said this before - aallll these websites yall take for granted yall take for granted arent doing this ? to be free they have families too and are trying to make money off it. YouTube is slowly working to make yall pay for their service, they not gonna change that now. Enjoy it while it lasts..... Even news sites and the IC youre gonna have to pay for content. This is why Puffy and Jay are trying to build up social media platforms with Revolt and Tidal. They aint stupid.

? wont realize until its too late and since jay and diddy at the forefront, ? will hate it and keep supporting spotify and anything else not named tidal.
  • Bender Rodriguez
    Bender Rodriguez Members Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So if you cant how many times youtube played the song....why not count how many times the radio plays it across the country. Isnt that the same thing
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    But But back when I was coming up you had to walk to the store to buy music on 8-tracks for them to count
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As long as they only counting official sites I don't got a problem ? it I'm all for the more ? bootleg the more the industry is finding ways to make sure the artist get there's