Anyone Bilingual and or Learning a new Language?

Options
BigBallsNoWorries
BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
I think we as black ppl are slacking in the second language department

Ive wrked with ? from overseas that know 4 or 5 languages

I've been trying to learn Spanish, to bump my game up and be more well rounded

Comments

• Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I highly recommend compas that you learn Spanish. Duolingo, hit the books talk to someone that speaks Spanish
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Learning Spanish and Italian
  • SimplyKrys
    SimplyKrys Members Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not bilingual but I would love to learn more Spanish. I'm thinking about getting Rosetta Stone.
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SimplyKrys wrote: »
    I'm not bilingual but I would love to learn more Spanish. I'm thinking about getting Rosetta Stone.

Tengas un grande culo?

• playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My mother is Haitian French Canadian so French was a second language fa me... my pops is from Haiti but I could Neva grasp speakin haitian-creole fluently
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I learned Klingon to impress a nerd chick in high school. I forgot most of it and she had saggy ? so it was a waste of time
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I used to want to take classes and all but it don't matter no more. America will always be a English language country first. You interview with Corporate America in English. Anything else is just a luxury on ya own time. White folks ain't gonna tolerate that Spanish especially for too much longer. Jobs will have Spanish speaking zones and it will be grounds for termination. Labeled: UnAmerican. If u ain't white ya self, get a pipeline to em so u can see how deep the supremacy goes. I know Spanish but don't really care. Jobs will use your ass and pay a few pennies extra for bilingual. Not worth it.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Spanish (not proper spanish) but dont cant hold a long convo ill start ? up and makin up words lmao
    Italian but its not 100%
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Sandinista
    Sandinista Members Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trilingual ? . English, my native Portuguese and Spanish. Quadrilingual if you wanna count the language of Love.

I took German and French in college for a year. Was rattling that ? off like a ? back then. But I didn't keep up with the ? and forgot all of it.
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fluent in Dutch, Moroccan, Indonesian, English n German.

Studied putonghua/Mandarin for years in College n even lived in Beijing for a min but been posted up here in Indo for the past 5 years so I'm not as fluent as I once was...

Teaching my son English n Indo...we're trying to do it the Belgium way: we consequently -try- to speak one language to the boy...so the wife speaks Indo to him and I English...
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Ppl only knowing English is really just an American problem. Even a good number Canadians and Mexicans are bi and trilingual but the US don't push that ? .

I was learning Spanish with duolingo earlier this year but I fell off with it cuz of school and ? . Ima get back tho. Working in healthcare in cali, you gotta at least be able to understand Spanish if you can't speak it cuz it's too many of them ? over here lol

• HundredEyes
    Options
    Ppl only knowing English is really just an American problem. Even a good number Canadians and Mexicans are bi and trilingual but the US don't push that ? .

I was learning Spanish with duolingo earlier this year but I fell off with it cuz of school and ? . Ima get back tho. Working in healthcare in cali, you gotta at least be able to understand Spanish if you can't speak it cuz it's too many of them ? over here lol

main reason why Im fluent in multiple languages is cause I'm from Holland and no one outside our small azz country speaks Dutch lol. So we have to adapt to our surroundings.
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Muricans the only fuckboys out there that travel to England and tell em their English accent is weird.

English folk the only mofos out there that travel all over the world and say: 'what? You don't speak English?'
  • HundredEyes
    Options

Forget to ad that many larger nations - Japan, Indonesia, Spain, Italy etc etc - most people can't speak English/a 2nd language. Cause just like in The states, it isn't a necessity (sans the area you're at for example).
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Here in Indo people do speak multiple languages but it's the island languages/local language. The wife is fluent in Bahasa Indo, Bali and Jawa for example. It's just that they don't speak Chinese, English or another world language.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Studied putonghua/Mandarin for years in College n even lived in Beijing for a min but been posted up here in Indo for the past 5 years so I'm not as fluent as I once was...

Teaching my son English n Indo...we're trying to do it the Belgium way: we consequently -try- to speak one language to the boy...so the wife speaks Indo to him and I English...

@HundredEyes

How different is Arabic from Moroccan? Ive always heard Moroccan is basically Arabic and French mixed together. Is that true?
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »

@HundredEyes

How different is Arabic from Moroccan? Ive always heard Moroccan is basically Arabic and French mixed together. Is that true?

Many Moroccans in Morocco are fluent in French and Arabic but Moroccan itself is closer to Arabic - sans the Berber languages which are completely different - but Egyptians, Libyans etc can't understand what were talking about when we speak Moroccan...if that makes any sense to you. I can understand Arabic but my French sucks.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    rickmogul wrote: »
    I used to want to take classes and all but it don't matter no more. America will always be a English language country first. You interview with Corporate America in English. Anything else is just a luxury on ya own time. White folks ain't gonna tolerate that Spanish especially for too much longer. Jobs will have Spanish speaking zones and it will be grounds for termination. Labeled: UnAmerican. If u ain't white ya self, get a pipeline to em so u can see how deep the supremacy goes. I know Spanish but don't really care. Jobs will use your ass and pay a few pennies extra for bilingual. Not worth it.

You really sat and typed this ? ?
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    In The Netherlands - small country, approx 17 million people - we have 12 provinces and the outer provinces - Friesland, Limburg - have their own languages, I don't know wtf they're talking about over there...cross the border to Belgium and I can understand their Dutch with no probs...

Here in Indo we all speak Bahasa Indo, I live in Jawa though so the min a ? starts talking Javanese Im like: que?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    English, Spanish...know how to hop between Panamanian, Puerto Rican, and Dominican spanish mainly from having Dominican and PR friends. Know some El Salvadorian slang too because there's so many in DC and PG County, MD. Spanish can sound very different if you don't know what certain words in each culture mean.
  • DoubleShotHelix
    DoubleShotHelix Members Posts: 500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    English(native) , Spanish(school and living in Mia) , Italian(moms side) ,Arabic (army) Cantonese(self taught so I could understand marital arts movies) , some French(from college) , and a little Russian(from a Russian exchange student I was ? ) , I can also read and write Japanese but I can't really speak it well but the ? I can say sounds like a gotdayum samurai saying it
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kreyol
    French
    Spanish
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • PureYang
    PureYang Members Posts: 520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options