The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like Wilder he can box heavy hitter his stamina not bad for a heavyweight good chin good personality. Good resume i hope he stays out of trouble tho. He should work on building his core if so he could gain more power
  • JLacey
    JLacey Members Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »

He’s getting beat up too. ? better go try to fight Garcia or something
  • JLacey
    Options
    And Cotto a straight ? for choosing to fight Ali over Garcia
  • ethos
    ethos Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got Spence vs anyone.

Money to be made!
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JLacey wrote: »

Cotto been a ? cherry picking for the past 3 years
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WBC has ordered the Canelo v GGG rematch...
    Smh

Late dena ? !!!
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crawford loses to Spence
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crawford beats Spence
  • Mastery
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »
    Crawford beats Spence

Idk if he beats him, but I'm not too sure Spence beats Crawford like most in here seem to think.
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crawford beats Spence

Idk if he beats him, but I'm not too sure Spence beats Crawford like most in here seem to think.

yeah, that´s Spence´s hardest fight...
  • JLacey
    Options
    Crawford beats Spence

Nah he gonna beat the ? out that ? . Probably stop him.
  • JLacey
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

Yeah he fought Canelo though so I ain’t gonna complain. He fought the best in his prime. So he can fight some lower competition. But he out here scared to fight a ? jumping up bout 20 pounds to fight
  • Mastery
    Options
    Mayweather, Klitschko, Ward, Jones Create 2022 HOF Debate

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-klitschko-ward-jones-create-2022-hof-debate--120811

Only 3 can get in annually. I see Ward not getting in from this class. Thoughts?
    http://www.boxingscene.com/roy-jones-im-not-going-retire-my-next-fight-talks--121225

Jones is fighting on. Ward just might get in haha
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris Eubank jr fighting in a few hours!

Just watched that fight. Eubank making statements. Serious.
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

Yeah he fought Canelo though so I ain’t gonna complain. He fought the best in his prime. So he can fight some lower competition. But he out here scared to fight a ? jumping up bout 20 pounds to fight

Let that man cook, cotto resume is legit tho
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly don't think Ward is retired for good
  • JLacey
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »

Nope. I don’t remember any boxers retiring when they’re still the best in the division and not really showing any signs of decline. They always come back
  • Negro_Caesar
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »

Nope. I don’t remember any boxers retiring when they’re still the best in the division and not really showing any signs of decline. They always come back

Ward done bruh. He been taking bout retiring since the first Kov fight
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://awfulannouncing.com/hbo/hbo-extends-jim-lampley-voice-boxing-coverage.html
    HBO extends Jim Lampley as voice of boxing coverage

Jim Lampley has been the face and voice of HBO’s boxing coverage for nearly three decades, and he will not be going away any time soon. HBO announced Monday it has reached a new multi-year agreement with Lampley that will keep him calling World Championship Boxing, HBO Boxing After Dark and HBO Pay-Per-View, while hosting The Fight Game With Jim Lampley.

For nearly three decades, Jim has been the most prominent television voice in boxing,” HBO Sports executive vice president Peter Nelson said in a statement. “His work is universally recognized as the standard in the sport and we are thrilled to know he will continue in this high visibility role for years to come. Jim’s high journalistic standards, historical knowledge of the sport and enthusiasm for sharing the backstories of the fighters who enter the ring enriches the broadcast experience for the HBO audience.”

Lampley, a four-time Sports Emmy winner and an International Boxing Hall of Fame inductee, first signed on at HBO in 1988 and has been calling iconic boxing moments for the network ever since. Among the many, many memorable bouts Lampley has called is Buster Douglas’ famous upset of Mike Tyson in 1990.

Lampley was last extended in March 2015, two months before he called the Manny Pacquiao-Floyd Mayweather megafight.

In addition to his boxing gig on HBO, Lampley was also a key cog in NBC’s Olympic coverage for many years, though he has not worked an Olympics since 2008. At 68-years-old, Lampley is presumably nearing the end of his storied career, but it looks like he’ll be sticking around on HBO at least a little longer.

ccovw9pprctv.gif
  • Mastery
    Options
    http://www.boxingnews24.com/2017/10/spence-mikey-garcia-turned-cotto-fight/

Looks like Mikey Garcia and Errol Spence turned down the Cotto fight - Garcia because GBP (Cotto's Promoter) wanted options on his next fights and it doesn't say why Spence turned him down.

Danny Garcia, Lamont Peterson, James Kirkland were also possibilities for Dec 2nd.
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/dibella-not-fearful-promoter-hearns-british-invasion--121247
    DiBella Not Fearful of Promoter Hearn's 'British Invasion'
    By Keith Idec

Lou DiBella is busy promoting the “Showtime Championship Boxing” 154-pound title tripleheader Saturday night at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center.

The veteran promoter still couldn’t help but notice that British promoter Eddie Hearn has been taking not-so-subtle shots at him since Hearn announced Matchroom Boxing USA signed Brooklyn’s Daniel Jacobs. DiBella didn’t hold back when contacted by BoxingScene.com.

“A long time ago, Golden Boy was gonna come into New York and take it over, and they were gonna do it from East L.A.,” DiBella said, referring to Oscar De La Hoya’s Golden Boy Promotions. “And it didn’t work out so well. I’m not denigrating them as promoters, but they certainly couldn’t do it in New York. And if Eddie thinks that a rich, British prep school kid, who’s out of touch with regular people, is somehow going to change the paradigm of boxing in New York, then he’s wrong.”

England’s Hearn – whose company, Matchroom Boxing, has had considerable success in the United Kingdom in recent years – told BoxingScene.com last Tuesday that other fighters seeking promoters and HBO exposure have been calling him nonstop since the Jacobs deal was announced.

“I doubt that Eddie’s getting nonstop calls from major stars in the U.S.,” DiBella said. “They can take a good look at how Kell Brook was promoted. Promotion is more than just publicity. Was Kell Brook’s career or well-being helped by being served up to a bigger, stronger Golovkin? Or being thrown in with a monster like Errol Spence after recovering from surgery and the injuries suffered at the hands of a man so much stronger? I hear Brook didn’t make the money he expected from those two grueling fights.

“Maybe U.S. fighters will also recognize that Eddie would be unlikely to ever win a purse bid to protect their interests. It seems like the only four-letter word beginning with ‘r’ that he understands is rich, not risk. It’s also possible that these American fighters will search on YouTube for Eddie’s video responding to Deontay Wilder. Eddie, imitating his version of a stereotyped African-American voice, comes off as a bit clueless. That patronizing kind of humor doesn’t make me very concerned about his ‘British invasion.’ It makes me cringe.”

DiBella also noted that Hearn has been using the most valuable boxer he promotes, heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua, in negotiations involving other fights and fighters with premium-cable rivals HBO and Showtime.

England’s Joshua (19-0, 19 KOs) had a three-fight deal with Showtime, but the agreement allowed Hearn to shop the U.S. television rights to Joshua’s fights to HBO once it expired. HBO reportedly bid $1.6 million for the right to televise his mandatory defense of his IBF title against Bulgaria’s Kubrat Pulev (25-1, 13 KOs) on October 28 from Cardiff, Wales. Showtime exercised its right to match and will televise the Joshua-Pulev fight live later this month.

“It’s clear that Eddie is dangling Anthony Joshua as the gold ring and using his name and star power to try to grab other fighters and get U.S. network backing,” DiBella said. “Joshua seems like a smart kid and his trainer, Rob McCracken, is a pro who wasn’t born yesterday. They’ll see right through it.”

DiBella promotes roughly 60 fighters, including Wilder (38-0, 37 KOs), who will make a mandatory defense of his WBC heavyweight title against former champion Bermane Stiverne (25-2-1, 21 KOs) on November 4 at Barclays Center. The New York-based DiBella regularly promotes Premier Boxing Champions cards at Barclays Center and elsewhere on a show-by-show basis.

The Harvard-educated former HBO Sports executive is confident he’ll continue to promote events featuring such PBC stars as welterweights Errol Spence Jr., Keith Thurman and Danny Garcia.

“Why is Danny Jacobs with Eddie Hearn?,” DiBella asked. “Because he has all the attributes of the best promoter of all time? No, he’s with Eddie because he was in the right place at the right time and it allowed him to deliver an HBO deal that promised Canelo and/or Triple-G. That’s a fact, and anyone with a brain in this business knows that’s a fact.

“I’m not hating him for that, nor am I hating him for promoting in this market. Eddie Hearn isn’t an American promoter or a New York promoter, or a New York City kind of guy. I doubt he has ever set foot on Long Island and he probably thinks that Brooklyn is David Beckham’s kid. I wish him no ill will, but my best guess is that he’s gonna find out the hard way and could wind up getting booed on two continents.”

qbfgrfycgazj.gif

giphy.gif
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/dibella-not-fearful-promoter-hearns-british-invasion--121247
    DiBella Not Fearful of Promoter Hearn's 'British Invasion'
    By Keith Idec

“Maybe U.S. fighters will also recognize that Eddie would be unlikely to ever win a purse bid to protect their interests. It seems like the only four-letter word beginning with ‘r’ that he understands is rich, not risk. It’s also possible that these American fighters will search on YouTube for Eddie’s video responding to Deontay Wilder. Eddie, imitating his version of a stereotyped African-American voice, comes off as a bit clueless. That patronizing kind of humor doesn’t make me very concerned about his ‘British invasion.’ It makes me cringe.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF5cs5Fyats

iml31ln7xof3.gif
  • Negro_Caesar
    Options

Looks like Mikey Garcia and Errol Spence turned down the Cotto fight - Garcia because GBP (Cotto's Promoter) wanted options on his next fights and it doesn't say why Spence turned him down.

Danny Garcia, Lamont Peterson, James Kirkland were also possibilities for Dec 2nd.
    Bet he picks Kirkland
  • Mastery
    Options

Bet he picks Kirkland

He picked Sadam Ali haha

@? _Caesar
  • JLacey
    Options

Bet he picks Kirkland

He picked Sadam Ali haha

@? _Caesar

@? _Caesar late dena ?