Kenyon Martin attacks Jeremy Lin over dreadlocks

Options

Comments

• soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    Y'all could believe what y'all want - the ? ain't serious enough for me. They both affiliated with the same team and could be throwing shots at each other today and laughin with each other tomorrow. The MF KMar apologized for the ? and some people still goin in - makes me wonder. That right there and that cold comeback would be enough for me to just give him the L and call it a day but not assume there was some nefarious more sinister ? that he needed to be called out for unless I was some low-key ? troll racist like Max who seem to get extra-hyped whenever some negative ? goes on involving Black people.

It's not even so much MFs laughin about the ? on the IC, but the side-eye for social media campaigns against KMar. They'll be the same ones to say Black people are overly-sensitive and Asians are just as oppressed or some other ? , or if KMar had endorsements - saying he's a racist and he should be boycotted or some ? .

I'm good bruh. I'll laugh with my own people not at my own people, especially in the company of ? -? and racists.

It's not serious enough for Martin to be attacked the way he was, but I'm a firm believer that consequences you receive for your actions, you bring on yourself whether you deserve it or not.

The racists attacking his family and calling him a ? are pieces of ? . That being said, he came at Lin u provoked and made a ? apology. Meanwhile you got Lin using it as a teaching opportunity. I'd be remissed if I ignored the fact that he's had to battle anti-Asian sentiment his entire basketball career from black people and he has yet to show a drop of hatred towards our people despite the respect not being completely mutual.

When people like Kenyon Martin, Cam Newton, and Ray Lewis say the dumb ? they say, I'm not going to keep rushing to their defense just be a use they're black. They need to think before they speak.

Agreed for the most part, but what was ? about his apology ?

He couldn't even acknowledge that his racially charged comments were racist. He basically just apologized for not reaching out to Lin directly, which would've have been equally dumb.

If another grown ass man called you to tell you he didn't like your hair, wouldn't you tell him to GTFOH? Why is he so worried about a man he ain't never met wearing a hairstyle that doesn't affect him at all?

Martin was 100% in the wrong but still tried to save face.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all could believe what y'all want - the ? ain't serious enough for me. They both affiliated with the same team and could be throwing shots at each other today and laughin with each other tomorrow. The MF KMar apologized for the ? and some people still goin in - makes me wonder. That right there and that cold comeback would be enough for me to just give him the L and call it a day but not assume there was some nefarious more sinister ? that he needed to be called out for unless I was some low-key ? troll racist like Max who seem to get extra-hyped whenever some negative ? goes on involving Black people.

It's not even so much MFs laughin about the ? on the IC, but the side-eye for social media campaigns against KMar. They'll be the same ones to say Black people are overly-sensitive and Asians are just as oppressed or some other ? , or if KMar had endorsements - saying he's a racist and he should be boycotted or some ? .

I'm good bruh. I'll laugh with my own people not at my own people, especially in the company of ? -? and racists.

It's not serious enough for Martin to be attacked the way he was, but I'm a firm believer that consequences you receive for your actions, you bring on yourself whether you deserve it or not.

The racists attacking his family and calling him a ? are pieces of ? . That being said, he came at Lin u provoked and made a ? apology. Meanwhile you got Lin using it as a teaching opportunity. I'd be remissed if I ignored the fact that he's had to battle anti-Asian sentiment his entire basketball career from black people and he has yet to show a drop of hatred towards our people despite the respect not being completely mutual.

When people like Kenyon Martin, Cam Newton, and Ray Lewis say the dumb ? they say, I'm not going to keep rushing to their defense just be a use they're black. They need to think before they speak.

He couldn't even acknowledge that his racially charged comments were racist. He basically just apologized for not reaching out to Lin directly, which would've have been equally dumb.

If another grown ass man called you to tell you he didn't like your hair, wouldn't you tell him to GTFOH? Why is he so worried about a man he ain't never met wearing a hairstyle that doesn't affect him at all?

Wait - so saying that other races appropriating Black culture is racist ? Do we need to revisit the definition of racism ?

Granted - locks might be debatable if you really reach to find another culture that rocks locks like Black people do but let's keep it 100 and admit that it's mostly Black people.

On the other note, I could've swore he says in the video - he apologizes for not reaching out to Lin directly and that he did after the ? storm and didn't hear back ? I don't see the ? as racist but to each his own.

What more could a MF do but apologize and hold the L at that point ?

Literally wondering what more MFs want him to do ?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? talking about hairstyles and how it s black cultures like when it comes to hair blacks rock their hair like other races way more.

You ? is pathetic in here.

In that case. Regular ? just rocking dreads is disrespectful to be honest then.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wait - so saying that other races appropriating Black culture is racist ? Do we need to revisit the definition of racism ?

Granted - locks might be debatable if you really reach to find another culture that rocks locks like Black people do but let's keep it 100 and admit that it's mostly Black people.

On the other note, I could've swore he says in the video - he apologizes for not reaching out to Lin directly and that he did after the ? storm and didn't hear back ? I don't see the ? as racist but to each his own.

What more could a MF do but apologize and hold the L at that point ?

Literally wondering what more MFs want him to do ?

He didn't say other races were appropriating black culture. He singled out Jeremy Lin for trying to be black without knowing a thing about him or his decision to get dreads. Feeling the need to remind someone of their race while accusing them of trying to be something other of what they are is racist sentiment.

Imagine if [insert white female celebrity] called out [insert black female celebrity] for wearing straightened hair, saying "Stop trying to be white. You're black". You know full well they'd be called racist.

I don't want Kenyon Martin to do ? but shut his ignorant ass up. If he was going to apologize, it should've been for opening his mouth in the first place talking about something he knew nothing about. Clearly he doesn't feel sorry about that so there's nothing left to do.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    ? talking about hairstyles and how it s black cultures like when it comes to hair blacks rock their hair like other races way more.

Wtf are you talking about...
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Pretty sure I get to what he's referring, but if that's the case that's more relative to (a chunk of) Black women than blacks as a whole.
  • atribecalledgabi
    edited October 2017
    Options

Pretty sure I get to what he's referring, but if that's the case that's more relative to (a chunk of) Black women than blacks as a whole.

I figured that's where he was going with it, but that straight hair = white ppl is dumb.
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Straight hair is not natural to blacks.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember Sway saying on his radio show that calling locks "dreadlocks" or "dreads" is duragatory in itself.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude apologized. I'm cool on this ? .

The rest of this ? is for the birds.

"I would've called a white ? racist about some Black hair straightening comment being aproppriation" ? Yeah ok, believe that imaginary ? if you want to.

Done with the reaching and fake outrage, I'm sure Lin's dreads had nothing to do with Black people havin 'em etc... etc...

KMar need to issue a full and total sincere apology that is acceptable to everybody etc... etc...
  • Undefeatable
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    I remember Sway saying on his radio show that calling locks "dreadlocks" or "dreads" is duragatory in itself.

That's just ignorant.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's just ignorant.

Why you say that?

He said locs is the proper name but they became known as dreads because haters began calling them dreadlocks (as in dreadful)

U sayin he made that up?
  • Undefeatable
    Options

That's just ignorant.

Why you say that?

He said locs is the proper name but they became known as dreads because haters began calling them dreadlocks (as in dreadful)

U sayin he made that up?

Lol. That's not why they are called dreads. Trust me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDIXM7dP2C8
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lin handled this fairly well.

And I'm not too mad at him for wearing dreads.

But miss me with that black-Asian unity bs. Most Asians aren't ? with us.

So you aren't interested in Black and Asian uniting because Blacks and Asians aren't united?

It is not just that we aren't united; it is that they -- most of them -- aren't interested in being united with us. In fact, they regard us as inferior. If anything, they want to be united with whites.

LOL they don't.

For the people who nosigned this, tell me why there's a Chinatown in every major city in this country. If they were trying to unite with Whites, they'd be assimilating into Eurocentricity, not creating a culturally Chinese hub in the middle of it.

They want the benefits that whites provide but they don't give a damn about Whites either ultimately. We could learn from them honestly.

I knew it was only a matter of time before someone said something that is debunked by factual history
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    shoutout to Lin for bringing the cultures together

He an Asian with dreads who talks like a valley girl
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options

Whats your point no one race owns a hair texture
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i dont see people rocking or proud of naps
  • atribecalledgabi
    edited October 2017
    Options

Please don't start this ? ...there's a whole black women natural hair movement that been poppin for at least the last 5+ years. Maybe cuz you in Europe you don't see it....

You be all up in the kaepernick thread...nobody hair is more nappy than an NFL player. And for as much as you hate on lavar ball you know his sons got fros. Don't do this with me bruh...
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn he hit him with that nuanced ether. I see you Jeremy Lin. Slick ? .
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember back when the tattoos with Chinese letters was popular, it was mainly ? getting that ? .. i always thought it was dumb to tat some foreign ? on your and you don't really know what it means..
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    illedout wrote: »
    I remember back when the tattoos with Chinese letters was popular, it was mainly ? getting that ? .. i always thought it was dumb to tat some foreign ? on your and you don't really know what it means..

Yeah man. I always felt it was easy for malicious people to brand you with bogus ? that way. Telling you the character tattooed on you stands for "good luck" when it really means "? drinker" or some ? .
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please don't start this ? ...there's a whole black women natural hair movement that been poppin for at least the last 5+ years. Maybe cuz you in Europe you don't see it....

You be all up in the kaepernick thread...nobody hair is more nappy than an NFL player. And for as much as you hate on lavar ball you know his sons got fros. Don't do this with me bruh...

hey wait wait....whoa

i dont like lavar for trynna troll black people.
    i aint got no beef with naps.

i am saying...i dont see other races trynna proudly rock naps.

im not ashamed of it.

we cool again gabi?
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Lin was respectful and etherous in same post.
    That's the best kind to dish out, in my opinion. ? makes them actually think for a little bit before they realize that you could've gone in on their life and you just took the high road lol.