The Official Dragonball Super Thread (All my DBZ fans come in here)

Options

Comments

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »
    Goku voice changed to during his battle with Joren.
    Goku hasnt tried everything theres only one thing left to do and fusion is out of the question
    OOzaru

Oozaru Kale got that work like nothing tho

I see Piccolo absorbing the Namekian and giving Jiren a try

That's not fusion so it should be legal

Fusion is a natural technique it's legal not potaro rings.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Freiza shouldn't get it tbh he'd be dumb OP
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    inori wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    where does goku vs jiren rank all time in dragonball fights

I wouldn't put it in the top 10 but it's up there.... These are the best fights in dragonball's history in my opinion:

#1. SSJ2 Goku vs. SSJ2 Majin Vegeta -- Classic fight, Vegeta and Goku held no punches. Vegeta won this fight even tho he had to trick Goku. Great dialogue and great combat in every way.

#2. Goku/Vegeta/Trunks vs. Black/Zamasu -- has to be #1 or 2, ? was getting TOSSED and you didn't know what was gonna happen. Everyone had their moment and they kept pushing the envelop and their limits even getting Vegito into the fray. Great battle and IMO the best one we've seen.

#3. Piccolo vs. Android 17 -- has to be in the top 5, Piccolo gave 17 that work. But 17 was no pushover. Piccolo was throwing down and beating that ? senseless, at certain points you thought it was even and could have gone either way.

#4. Goku vs. Frieza -- only person I ever seen break Goku's will. Frieza had Goku hallucinating seeing naked men Goku had never met LOLOL. Frieza broke him down mentally and physically. It was just so amazing.

#5. SSG Goku vs. Beerus -- Great fight, it's just a new generation of dragonball, it was just so well done. Wonder how it would have looked in the late 80s/early 90s.

#6. Goku vs. Cell -- you knew Cell was gonna win but aesthetically it was flawless, and NO Lonious Cell wasn't weaker than Goku man LOLOLOL

#7. Piccolo vs. Frieza -- This was a great fight, Piccolo prolly has the best fights in the series. You didn't know what he was capable of especially after absorbing Nail and going up against the strongest person in the galaxy.

#8. Goku/Vegeta vs. Kid Buu -- Buu is the only villain to do what no other villain could - destroy Earth and defeat Goku. This was a good fight but a dayum shame Kid Buu lost most of his power before being beaten by SSJ3 Goku.

Honourable Mentions: Android 16 vs. Imperfect Cell -- 16 ripped off all of Cell's limbs and then proceeded to crater that ? into oblivion. 17 and 18 wasted it tho not running away when he told them to SMMFH.

#9. SSJ2 Gohan vs. Perfect Cell -- classic, everyone was a Gohan fan back then but when he went SSJ2 and bodied Cell !? Shhhiiieeeetttt. From before his transformation to after their fight was amazing.

#10. Vegeta vs. Frieza -- Frieza beat the hell outta Vegeta and straight up reduced him to tears. Need I remind you Vegeta is a grown ass man. He crushed Vegeta mentally and physically.

Honourable Mention: Goten vs. Trunks -- even tho Goten couldn't fly this was a good ass fight at the Martial Arts Tournament. Dope to see 2 rival generations fight for supremacy. Watching Vegeta smile like a proud dad watching his only son that made it was pure ether LOLOL

No Original Dragon Ball fights? @Sion they were really nice and executed well. Piccolo Daimao fight is my favorite one.

The quality of fights in DB just doesnt compare the same to the ones in DBZ and DBS. The Piccolo vs Goku fight was dope as hell tho. Tien and Goku and Goku vs Yamcha was notable as well.

Funny looking back - dayum near every friend Goku made he fought and they were enemies. Yamcha was literally a bandit and thief when he met him. He almost killed Goku had it not been for Bulma LOLOL. Tien too, same goes for Piccolo. In DBZ the only ? Goku showed the same mercy for was Vegeta. Everyone else he had enough sense to ? . Although he did wish back Buu but as a good guy.

? forgave everybody and became friends with them with the exception of his own actual blood brother lol

I mean he gave that ? ample opportunies. Saiyans are dumb stubborn, b.
  • 270crownst
    270crownst Members Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If goku had the chance to gather energy from earth too,Would've it been enough to defeat jiren??
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Freiza will probably learn it before Vegeta. The thing about Vegeta is his strength is in coming up with his own ? . He's never been shown to be as quick as Goku when it comes to learning ? from others. Hell, even for Goku, he couldn't just learn this from Whis. It took the DEM with the Spirit Bomb to force the transformation. It's obvious that Vegeta couldn't just look at it and figure it out. Freiza on the other hand is touted as being that kinda genius. I could see Freiza somewhat getting the hang of it in this tournament with Vegeta going away for a while after the tournament and coming back having figured it out.

What would be dope is if Vegeta was forced to figure it out during the tournament, and then he and Goku fused to beat Jiren.

Gotta disagree fam....

Going super saiyan 1 (then ascended SSJ) and super saiyan blue he learned very quickly, he also learned how to read ki almost immediately after leaving Earth to where he didn't need a scouter anymore and how to hide ki. I think we're underestimating how combat intelligent Vegeta also is. Vegeta is incredibly quick-witted in battle as well having figured out various foes & their weaknesses/strengths (Frost, Black, Zamasu, etc.) if anyone is gonna figure out Jiren it's prolly gonna be Vegeta.

And when he was fighting Hit he was mad and mentions how Goku used his fight to figure out Hits fighting style...so he's watching this fight but did say he's seeing it with his own eyes but it's unreal
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Freiza will probably learn it before Vegeta. The thing about Vegeta is his strength is in coming up with his own ? . He's never been shown to be as quick as Goku when it comes to learning ? from others. Hell, even for Goku, he couldn't just learn this from Whis. It took the DEM with the Spirit Bomb to force the transformation. It's obvious that Vegeta couldn't just look at it and figure it out. Freiza on the other hand is touted as being that kinda genius. I could see Freiza somewhat getting the hang of it in this tournament with Vegeta going away for a while after the tournament and coming back having figured it out.

What would be dope is if Vegeta was forced to figure it out during the tournament, and then he and Goku fused to beat Jiren.

Gotta disagree fam....

Going super saiyan 1 (then ascended SSJ) and super saiyan blue he learned very quickly, he also learned how to read ki almost immediately after leaving Earth to where he didn't need a scouter anymore and how to hide ki. I think we're underestimating how combat intelligent Vegeta also is. Vegeta is incredibly quick-witted in battle as well having figured out various foes & their weaknesses/strengths (Frost, Black, Zamasu, etc.) if anyone is gonna figure out Jiren it's prolly gonna be Vegeta.

I think you're making some unfounded assumptions there. Correct me if I'm wrong cause my DBZ memory often has holes in it. We saw that it took a lot for Vegeta to go SSJ. I don't know if it was filler or not, but remember they showed that he left and basically wore himself out trying to go SSJ and even then only accomplished it by coming to an epiphany. He learned ascended SSJ in the RoSaT, so who knows how long it actually took for him to do it. We also don't know how long it took him to go SSB, but we do know Whis had to give both Goku and Vegeta special training for it so it's not like he just pulled it out of his ass. I'll give you him learning how to read and hide ki.

I agree with you that Vegeta is a very combat intelligent. I'm not really talking about that. I'm talking about the ability to learn techniques on the fly. Vegeta has never been shown to do what Goku can do. Goku learned the Kamehameha after seeing it done once and learned Kaioken faster than King Kai thought was possible. That's not really Vegeta's thing. Vegeta is more the guy that sees a problem and develops or innovates his own ? to deal with a problem. That's why SSG/SSB switching that he did in the Manga made so much sense and why it sucks that they gave it to Goku in the anime.
  • IamNumberOne
    Options
    Whis is the only character that has ever trained Vegeta...Goku has been trained by countless characters
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rebriane shoulda been eliminated by getting outside help from her teammates....
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whis is the only character that has ever trained Vegeta...Goku has been trained by countless characters

A true saiyan doesnt make excuses
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So hit said he's working when jiren asked him what did he want. So who paid him and what did they pay him to do cause he certainly not going to beat jiren. I bet goku hired him to find a weakness or some ? .
  • CashmoneyDux
    Options
    So hit said he's working when jiren asked him what did he want. So who paid him and what did they pay him to do cause he certainly not going to beat jiren. I bet goku hired him to find a weakness or some ? .

Bro... You better than this
  • OmegaConflict
    Options

If he's "working" then that means he has to ? jiren. Not going to happen but i just hope someone actually gets murdered in this one. Hopefully its brianna.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bruh the same thing happened with Goku's Genki Dama. I want that annoying fat ? gone too, but let's be fair here.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Frieza won’t get it, he will fail.
  • OmegaConflict
    Options

Bruh the same thing happened with Goku's Genki Dama. I want that annoying fat ? gone too, but let's be fair here.

Why she gotta be a ? though? ?man yall need to stop disrespecting woman on here we got hoes on here that watches dbs smh
  • IamNumberOne
    Options
    Them love characters are so corny smh must be a Japanese thing
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel like they trolling with ribrianne at this point

Hopefully vegeta makes easy work of her
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Gotta disagree fam....

I think you're making some unfounded assumptions there. Correct me if I'm wrong cause my DBZ memory often has holes in it. We saw that it took a lot for Vegeta to go SSJ. I don't know if it was filler or not, but remember they showed that he left and basically wore himself out trying to go SSJ and even then only accomplished it by coming to an epiphany. He learned ascended SSJ in the RoSaT, so who knows how long it actually took for him to do it. We also don't know how long it took him to go SSB, but we do know Whis had to give both Goku and Vegeta special training for it so it's not like he just pulled it out of his ass. I'll give you him learning how to read and hide ki.

I agree with you that Vegeta is a very combat intelligent. I'm not really talking about that. I'm talking about the ability to learn techniques on the fly. Vegeta has never been shown to do what Goku can do. Goku learned the Kamehameha after seeing it done once and learned Kaioken faster than King Kai thought was possible. That's not really Vegeta's thing. Vegeta is more the guy that sees a problem and develops or innovates his own ? to deal with a problem. That's why SSG/SSB switching that he did in the Manga made so much sense and why it sucks that they gave it to Goku in the anime.

Vegeta created all his techniques. Goku copied most of his arsenal.
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol he may be on to something about hit being hired though. We seen Vermouth speak to Jiren.

Maybe Champa will till hit to go for the ? . If he does then it gets Jiren out the way but Hit would be disqualified. Just desserts
  • CashmoneyDux
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »

Lol he may be on to something about hit being hired though. We seen Vermouth speak to Jiren.

Maybe Champa will till hit to go for the ? . If he does then it gets Jiren out the way but Hit would be disqualified. Just desserts

I agree with this part
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Aight ill stop with the wild theories lol
  • OmegaConflict
    Options
    I sense that goku wasnt able to fully transform because he was running on a limited supply of power. Also his hair will turn white and he will regrow his tail
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    270crownst wrote: »
    If goku had the chance to gather energy from earth too,Would've it been enough to defeat jiren??

hell no weak ass planet who the top 5 strongest earthlings right now

Buu,Trunks,Goten, Yamcha lmao, insert a name here