Is "Snitching" To Get A Lighter Sentence Keeping It Real?

Options
5 Grand
5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
Lets say you and your homie rob a bank. You get caught and your friend gets away. The police say that you're looking at 20 years, but if you give up your accomplice (your homie) then they can work out a deal where you only have to serve 5 years.

What would be "keeping it real"?

1. Snitching on your homie to get a lighter sentence (5 years)

2. Not snitching and serving the 20 years

Comments

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I'll assume this is some sort of trick question. But I'll bite. Clearly - since this is the actual definition of snitching and not the made up definition that young ? who watch too much tv have created - telling on ya partner in crime to get a shorter sentence is ? ? ? and should not be respected.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Yeah, it's keeping it "a real snitch".

Bruh, you pretty much asked if the actual definition of snitching is "keeping it real".

That's the ? -made ? , you committed the crime and got caught, do your time for your part. It ain't up to you to play detective and help the cops or play witness and help the prosecution.

That's what the ? you signed up for when you decided to rob the bank with dude.

If you choose to do otherwise, and get ? up or killed behind it that's what you asked for too.
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I seriously hope you not actually contemplating this ? AND out here committing crimes
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Everyone snitches. That's how we know gangstas exist
  • 5 Grand
    edited October 2017
    Options
    The textbook definition of real;

re·al1
    ˈrē(ə)l/Submit
    adjective
    actually existing as a thing or occurring in fact; not imagined or supposed.
    "Julius Caesar was a real person"
    synonyms: actual, nonfictional, factual, real-life; More
    (of a substance or thing) not imitation or artificial; genuine.
    "the earring was presumably real gold"
    synonyms: genuine, authentic, bona fide; More

There's really nothing realer than snitching on your homie to get a 20 year sentence reduced to 5 years.

In other words, serving an extra 15 years because you don't want to be a snitch isn't necessarily "keeping it real". In fact, you could argue that serving an additional 15 years is keeping it "stupid". Abiding by some so-called street code while your accomplice is out there getting ? , smoking, drinking and spending the money while you sit in your cell for an additional 15 years defending yourself from killers, rapists and wolves...just to "keep it real".

I'm not a criminal, but if I had to choose between serving 20 years or snitching on my accomplice and serving 5 years, that would be the easiest choice I'd ever have to make.

When you get out you'll be 20 years older and people who still remember you might say, "he kept it real". In the meanwhile the 20 year gap in your resume almost guarantees that you'll be making minimum wage, especially when they ask if you've ever been convicted of a felony. A 5 year gap in your resume isn't that bad, you can make something up, but you can't explain a 20 year gap in your resume.

What I'm getting at is the first rule of nature is self preservation. Survival of the fittest. The strong survive and the weak perish.

Taking the rap for dolo sounds cool, but do you really want to serve those additional 15 years?

The realest thing you could do is snitch to get that 20 year sentence reduced to 5 years. And with good behavior you'll be out in 2 1/2.
  • 7figz
    edited October 2017
    Options
    You wouldn't have to worry about gettin out in 5 if you snitched on the right MF.

Put me in the pen with a MF who made statements on me and...

Man, nevermind. This MF talmbout robbing banks and snitching one minute and resume gaps the next, ain't nothing real about this ? .

HafBayked wrote: »
    almost answered....

but not with this guy today

Lesson learned.
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    re·al1
    ˈrē(ə)l/Submit
    adjective
    actually existing as a thing or occurring in fact; not imagined or supposed.
    "Julius Caesar was a real person"
    synonyms: actual, nonfictional, factual, real-life; More
    (of a substance or thing) not imitation or artificial; genuine.
    "the earring was presumably real gold"
    synonyms: genuine, authentic, bona fide; More

There's really nothing realer than snitching on your homie to get a 20 year sentence reduced to 5 years.

yooooooooo

tenor.gif
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? 5 needs his own sub-forum
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Just to add on

I grew up in the suburbs with both parents. A lot of people didn't have that luxury growing up. They come from broken homes with no parents, being raised by an aunt or a grandmother. A lot of kids that grow up in the ghetto never had their own bedroom. They had to share a room with brothers and/or cousins, in some cases poor kids from the ghetto sleep on the couch or on the floor.

They grow up in an environment where the adults don't work and collect SSI or SSD checks. On food stamps, welfare and section 8 housing. When they grow up around adults that don't work their perception of reality is skewed. When they get your first job at 16 years old they have a difficult time taking orders from their boss. They don't want to be told what to do because in their world, thats being a sucker.

When these kids go to jail its not that bad because they grew up in hell. They get 3 hots and a cot. They don't think jail is that bad because they never had a stable environment in the first place. The clinical term is: Institutionalized. Basically it means they had no structure growing up and jail provides them with the structure they never had. A person that grew up in a broken home might say that serving a 20 year sentence is no big deal, while a person that grew up in a middle class home with working parents thinks that 20 years in prison is the worst thing they could imagine.

My point is that people who say they'd never snitch and they'd rather serve 20 years than snitch on their homies are institutionalized in the first place. They never had a chance of living a normal life and became a statistic. And they know this so they go back and forth to prison because it makes sense to them. Working for the whiteman doesn't make sense and in many cases they never finish school (I mean high school) so the jobs that are available to them are few and far between.

Anyway, be leery of a person who says they'd never snitch. A lot of those people are institutionalized and can't make it on the outside so they'd rather be in prison anyway.

Giving up an additional 15 years of your life to "keep it real" is absurd to me.

I think its more "real" to snitch to get your sentence reduced.
  • 7figz
    Options
    And please be sure to share these little beliefs of yours, before you embark on your criminal endeavors, with your partners in crime.

I'm sure they'd be interested in knowing ahead of time which one of their co-d's they need to beat to death.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Simple! U do dirt with somebody U gotta keep it 100. Honor amongst thieves is real talk from the Robin Hood days. U get caught u do ya time. That's Y I walk the straight and narrow. Only man I can trust is my brother. This, OR, do ya dirt all by ya lonely. Can't tell on yaself
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Just to add on

I grew up in the suburbs with both parents. A lot of people didn't have that luxury growing up. They come from broken homes with no parents, being raised by an aunt or a grandmother. A lot of kids that grow up in the ghetto never had their own bedroom. They had to share a room with brothers and/or cousins, in some cases poor kids from the ghetto sleep on the couch or on the floor.

They grow up in an environment where the adults don't work and collect SSI or SSD checks. On food stamps, welfare and section 8 housing. When they grow up around adults that don't work their perception of reality is skewed. When they get your first job at 16 years old they have a difficult time taking orders from their boss. They don't want to be told what to do because in their world, thats being a sucker.

When these kids go to jail its not that bad because they grew up in hell. They get 3 hots and a cot. They don't think jail is that bad because they never had a stable environment in the first place. The clinical term is: Institutionalized. Basically it means they had no structure growing up and jail provides them with the structure they never had. A person that grew up in a broken home might say that serving a 20 year sentence is no big deal, while a person that grew up in a middle class home with working parents thinks that 20 years in prison is the worst thing they could imagine.

My point is that people who say they'd never snitch and they'd rather serve 20 years than snitch on their homies are institutionalized in the first place. They never had a chance of living a normal life and became a statistic. And they know this so they go back and forth to prison because it makes sense to them. Working for the whiteman doesn't make sense and in many cases they never finish school (I mean high school) so the jobs that are available to them are few and far between.

Anyway, be leery of a person who says they'd never snitch. A lot of those people are institutionalized and can't make it on the outside so they'd rather be in prison anyway.

Giving up an additional 15 years of your life to "keep it real" is absurd to me.

I think its more "real" to snitch to get your sentence reduced.

Id never snitch on a ? I committed a crime with. Am I institutionalized? Or do I just understand that there is a viable third option, other than doing 20 years in the joint or giving up my honor and snitching on a ? ?

Those of us with sense sit down and say, 'I ain't trying to go to jail and I definitely ain't tryna send nobody else to jail on some snitch ? ...so I'ma just fall back and NOT hit this lick.'
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    listen dont put yourself in the streets if you cant handle street consequence . end of story
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol just said be leery of the person who say they never snitched. Nah. Be leery of the person who claim to be down with you when robbing, then turn they back and snitch you out for a lighter sentence.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Lol just said be leery of the person who say they never snitched. Nah. Be leery of the person who claim to be down with you when robbing, then turn they back and snitch you out for a lighter sentence.

There comes a point when it's either you or me.

I'm sorry but it's not gonna be me.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You play a ? game that is built on ? over ppl

And you get mad when y’all get caught and someone snitches to better themselves.

Yaint no rules or respect when you play the game.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    u low down as hell lol
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    u low down as hell lol

So you'd serve that 15 extra years?

or you'd snitch, get 5 years and be out in 2 1/2?