The Official Dragonball Super Thread (All my DBZ fans come in here)

Options

Comments

• gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is almost a year old lol
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    So how does anybody beat jiren at this point?

No one but, there is a new character being introduced in a few episodes so its more than likely that is who will interrupt the tournament.

They wouldn't give a throw away character a toy
  • gemini86
    Options
    Eminem deadass rap like hes Ultra Instinct form
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel like when the spirit bomb imploded the fact that jiren has ultra instinct, goku absorbed it somehow when he fell in the black hole and he temporarily possessed what makes jiren so great..
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    With ultra instinct , how do you even continue this series if they’re stronger than Gods or of equal strength.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »

Abuse
  • gemini86
    Options

Abuse

its true though. his flow evolved. i ? with Em heavy
  • gemini86
    Options
    With ultra instinct , how do you even continue this series if they’re stronger than Gods or of equal strength.

in continues more. Villains have always close in power to the Z fighters. it just closes the gap now to where they can square up. but Gran Priest and the angels are another issue. Beerus can very well become a Z fighter too
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel like when the spirit bomb imploded the fact that jiren has ultra instinct, goku absorbed it somehow when he fell in the black hole and he temporarily possessed what makes jiren so great..

Jiren doesn't have ultra instinct. He's just very powerful. If he did, the GoDs would have recognized it.
  • Beta
    Options

Jiren doesn't have ultra instinct. He's just very powerful. If he did, the GoDs would have recognized it.

The Gods didn't even recognize goku had it before beerus said something. But jiren through this entire tournament has been doing ? sometimes w/o even moving..But maybe so. All I know is goku got that ? with a ? so far explanation
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

The Gods didn't even recognize goku had it before beerus said something. But jiren through this entire tournament has been doing ? sometimes w/o even moving..But maybe so. All I know is goku got that ? with a ? so far explanation

I think it's something a little different. Like all Ultra Instinct is, is the ability for a character's body to react without thought. Jiren hasn't really shown that. Like even when he was fighting seriously, the way the depicted his motion and the way they depicted Goku's motion was different. Jiren definitely has something special going on, but it's different than UI. I'm betting we'll get more insight when he fights Hit. It looks like Jiren has a little trouble with Hit's Time Skip, so when Jiren inevitably overcomes it, we'll likely see more about how his power works.
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Episode 112 summary, with spoilers for episode 111

Dont read if you dont wanna know
    The pride and bonds of a Saiyan! Vegeta rescues Cabba!!
    Now that Universe 6 has lost Hit, the other universes take advantage and go after them! Amidst this, Vegeta goes to try and rescue his disciple Cabba!!
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The simple fact that he knew what was happening to Goku was proof enough that he either has what Goku has or a more refined version of it and just hasn't a need to utilize it. He tanked Gokus knee shot and beam combo with fks given on top of the last punch before his power ran out. Hit looka like he may have figured something out before he inevitably gets taken out since Jirens chest is damaged.
  • gemini86
    Options
    Sion wrote: »

Now that Universe 6 has lost Hit, the other universes take advantage and go after them! Amidst this, Vegeta goes to try and rescue his disciple Cabba!!

Shhhiiiieeeeeetttttt but we knew this was coming and I called that with Cabba a few pages ago.

Damn that is NOT good
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Shhhiiiieeeeeetttttt but we knew this was coming and I called that with Cabba a few pages ago.

Damn that is NOT good

You saying bad writing not good or uni7 is in trouble not good lol? Trying not to read those.
  • gemini86
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

Damn that is NOT good

You saying bad writing not good or uni7 is in trouble not good lol? Trying not to read those.

No it’s not bad writing. It’s actuslly realistic. That’s a big blow to that team. They gonna be food
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

The simple fact that he knew what was happening to Goku was proof enough that he either has what Goku has or a more refined version of it and just hasn't a need to utilize it. He tanked Gokus knee shot and beam combo with fks given on top of the last punch before his power ran out. Hit looka like he may have figured something out before he inevitably gets taken out since Jirens chest is damaged.

lol Don't you see that your description of what happened proves that Jiren doesn't have Ultra Instinct. The ONLY thing that UI does is allow the user to move any part of his body without having to think about it. That's it. Whis confirmed that. When he first pegged Goku as having perfected UI, he pointed out that UI didn't explain the new heat/energy coming from Goku. So the actual transformation wasn't really due to UI.

It makes no sense to say that Jiren knows UI. Half the fight, he didn't even dodge anything, he just tanked everything. The rest of the time, he seemed to be alternating between using some unseeable force to deflect attacks and pure speed to dodge. There is a pretty clear difference in how Goku's movements were depicted and how Jiren's are. They clearly aren't doing the same thing.

• CashmoneyDux
    Options

lol Don't you see that your description of what happened proves that Jiren doesn't have Ultra Instinct. The ONLY thing that UI does is allow the user to move any part of his body without having to think about it. That's it. Whis confirmed that. When he first pegged Goku as having perfected UI, he pointed out that UI didn't explain the new heat/energy coming from Goku. So the actual transformation wasn't really due to UI.

It makes no sense to say that Jiren knows UI. Half the fight, he didn't even dodge anything, he just tanked everything. The rest of the time, he seemed to be alternating between using some unseeable force to deflect attacks and pure speed to dodge. There is a pretty clear difference in how Goku's movements were depicted and how Jiren's are. They clearly aren't doing the same thing.

Here we go lol.....
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    The movements jiren has shown since the beginning of arc plus what Whis says and the way ? ’s react to both Goku and jiren fight all but confirms that jiren has UI or is a master at it .
  • CashmoneyDux
    Options
    The movements jiren has shown since the beginning of arc plus what Whis says and the way ? ’s react to both Goku and jiren fight all but confirms that jiren has UI or is a master at it .

I agree with this, but none of this is confirmed so I can't cosign you or Lonious Monks posts. Like @gemini86 says, just watch and see
  • Beta
    Options

THANK YOU
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    If jiren has UI and mastered it, dont you think it would've been mentioned by atleast whis or one of the other gods and angels? Everyone was surprised at goku pulling that ? off including the clown ? . Jiren is just all out powerful and fast.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited October 2017
    Options

Y'all just making up ? . The gods react to Jiren's power, but no one claims he has UI even after Whis says it about Goku. They only marvel over his raw speed and power. And at no point do they depict Jiren's motion as time slowing with trailing images like they did with Goku.

I agree with this, but none of this is confirmed so I can't cosign you or Lonious Monks posts. Like @gemini86 says, just watch and see

You right, but still ? are in here making up ? to fulfill their fanfic dreams.
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jiren does not know UI because he had to meditate when those blocks were coming towards him and goku. UI is your body acting on his own without thought. Thats goku trump card in this battle and on top of that is his new godly limit breaker form aka ss4 aka oozaru coming soon. Ok? Go ? yourself
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Jiren aint got no ? ui.

That ? just swole on multiple planes of existence.