Does Eminem Have The White Privilege To Say Things That Jay, Nas, etc. Can't Say?

Options
5 Grand
5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
His freestyle on the BET awards was cool and I'm glad that somebody from the Hip Hop community came out and said, "? Trump".

But if another top tier MC like Jay Z or Nas (Dr Dre, Ice Cube, Diddy, 50 Cent etc.) said the exact same thing would their careers be in jeopardy?

Is Eminem's protest freestyle simply another form of white privilege?

Have any other top tier MCs thrown shots at Trump?

I remember Kanye said, "George Bush doesn't care about Black people" he was in the news for a while but his career didn't suffer. In fact he said what a lot of people were thinking.

Your Thoughts?

Comments

• Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay said ? Bush.

This is nothing new 5Grand.

You wrack diswripine when it comes to the culture
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yup i can't even knock em for the verse joint was cool
  • Matike85
    Matike85 Members Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Yes ... he do ...he just risk some of his own fan base to diss trump and sold more Hip Hop albums than any rapper ever
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it's a combination of white privilege and being the biggest rapper. This wouldn't be half as big if it was macklemore, paul wall or bubba sparkxxx sayin ? trump
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Of course he has.

We gonna act like YG hasn't been saying ? Donald trump for 2 years?

Yet when Eminem says it, they gotta blow up my YouTube news feed with every single channel commenting on it calling him a "rap ? " smh

@Huey_C
  • Matike85
    Matike85 Members Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Of course he has.

Yet when Eminem says it, they gotta blow up my YouTube news feed with every single channel commenting on it calling him a "rap ? " smh

x9emc6h6bjwk.gif
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Did he really do it from the heart or was it a publicity stunt for his upcoming album to gain black fans?
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For one, Jay's paper is way too long for him to be in jeopardy in any fashion. Hip hop is counter culture, it's expected of us to speak out against the system. Only the cats being directly molded and fed by it have to watch their words out of fear of getting cut off. It just so happens that since Em is one of the biggest icons in the world period, nevermind rappers, his words are gonna strike more of a chord than anyone else's. No one gives a ? if a YG says ? Trump. But if the surrogate daddy of the millennials of white America says ? their racist uncle's president, especially in the way he said it, don't be surprised at the shitstorm that follows.

Doesn't help that he's dropping an album in a month either. The promo pays for itself.
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The white privilege goes without saying. He used it how he saw fit.
    Did he really do it from the heart or was it a publicity stunt for his upcoming album to gain black fans?

I don't think so. Em can have a successful album regardless. If anything it may hurt him a little bit especially if the content is more political like its been rumored. Either way, he's gonna sell.
  • macadonwoo
    macadonwoo Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He did it from the heart. He knows he's the only celebrity that can do it and get away with it.
    Em is at a point in his career where he doesn't need publicity stunts to sell albums.
    Also don't forget most of Em's circle is black.
    He's always stood up against the Republican establishment since he's been famous. Remember he went after Bush before too.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    tumblr_o7rw6lw5yi1ub6pylo2_400.gif

I feel like if the shady Klansmen can't tell the truth about his ? Charlottesville white devil past I don't wanna hear that cracka speak on political or race issues.... feminem can't attack Trump when they both don't like that ? ? this is fake outrage for sells & stewpid blks is falling for the bs like the imaginary blk gf Story.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay and Nas Donne saying ? Trump tho
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel like he did it to try and make amends for his past racist tapes while at the same time boost up his coming album. It is what it is ... his whiteness will allow the anti trump message to get to folk who aint trying to hear a nlack person say it. Kinda like Rodgers or brady saying it vs the black players.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

came in to say this
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    He talked mad ? about The Clintons, The Gores, Cheney’s and George Bush in his music before..not surprised by this. He been saying ? Trump for a minute.

Reality is no one really gives a ? about YG like that anyway.

Forget hiphop, Em was the biggest artist in all of music for some time. Of course he gonna get more attention.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    For one, Jay's paper is way too long for him to be in jeopardy in any fashion. Hip hop is counter culture, it's expected of us to speak out against the system. Only the cats being directly molded and fed by it have to watch their words out of fear of getting cut off. It just so happens that since Em is one of the biggest icons in the world period, nevermind rappers, his words are gonna strike more of a chord than anyone else's. No one gives a ? if a YG says ? Trump. But if the surrogate daddy of the millennials of white America says ? their racist uncle's president, especially in the way he said it, don't be surprised at the shitstorm that follows.

Doesn't help that he's dropping an album in a month either. The promo pays for itself.

@ the bolded

1. Jay's paper isn't as long as you think. Or another way to say it is, Donald Trump's paper>>>Jay's paper. Jay might have $1Billion, which is a lot to you and me but there's scores of White Americans that have billions of dollars. I remember during the election they said Trump was worth $4 Billion, which is basically 4X what Jay is worth. If you combine all of Trump's inner circle and their money, Jay, Dre, Russell Simmons, Diddy, Cube, Master P, etc. don't have anywhere near the wealth that Trump's inner circle has.

2. Hip Hop isn't counter culture. Hip Hop is mainstream and has been since the mid 90s. Back in the 80s it was rare for a Hip Hop song to get played on the radio and it was even more rare for a Hip Hop album to go gold or platinum. Now all the radio plays is Hip Hop (or Rap) and Hip Hop is basically the biggest selling form of music over the past 20 years.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »

I feel like if the shady Klansmen can't tell the truth about his ? Charlottesville white devil past I don't wanna hear that cracka speak on political or race issues.... feminem can't attack Trump when they both don't like that ? ? this is fake outrage for sells & stewpid blks is falling for the bs like the imaginary blk gf Story.

i actually cracked up when i heard Em use the word "klansmen"
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didnt watch em and frankly don't care.

Nipsey already said enough of a message as far as I'm concerned for hip hop.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's not ? that anyone "can't" say. It's just people would give them more ? . Careers in jeopardy, though? Nah. It ain't that serious. Trump would just put his twitter fingers to use against others. He can't say ? about Em. He will never even mention it.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    No ones career would be in jeopardy...the media basically crams the ? trump narrative down everyones throats on a daily

Its the norm to say ? trump the same way it was the norm to suport obama...it all should be a non story
  • gee757
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    I feel like he did it to try and make amends for his past racist tapes while at the same time boost up his coming album. It is what it is ... his whiteness will allow the anti trump message to get to folk who aint trying to hear a nlack person say it. Kinda like Rodgers or brady saying it vs the black players.

Lol@ the bold....fam don't let that shady Charlottesville white devil fool u that Klansmen has yet to show a pic of his imganinary blk gf ... feminem can't speak on Trump when he's been on record RAPPING the same hate speech Trump preaches everyday on them racist tapes.... Marshall kkk mathers sued the source cuz they exposed his ? past that don't sound like a sorry person that sounds like a angry mad person cuz they got caught......this 99 Interview of feminem lying sayin he isn't racist & he hates racism & Lauryn Hill is a ? word cuz a rumor of her being racist against whites was the nail n the coffin

https://youtu.be/kxVBGUmjAvQ

^ the Klansmen is n that interview tryna blk ball L boogie over a RUMOR of her being racist towards whites.... so feminem has too b blk balled n hip hop cuz it's not a rumor but it's a fact feminem is a racist cross dressing ? bigot who don't like that ? ? ...
    gee757 wrote: »

i actually cracked up when i heard Em use the word "klansmen"

Yeah a shady crackkka rapping on record like a Klansmen saying that is funny.....all Trump gotta do is bring up feminem s racist past & say see we r on the same team & it's over.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I'll entertain the troll thread

Of course he has.

Matike85 wrote: »
    Of course he has.

x9emc6h6bjwk.gif

I ain't gonna let them bury your post bro cause his peers opinions>>>>>>theirs.

Remember when they tried to force a Cole/Em beef?
    Hahahahhaha. They gon cry in the car.
  • gee757
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Of course he has.

Matike85 wrote: »
    Of course he has.

x9emc6h6bjwk.gif

I ain't gonna let them bury your post bro cause his peers opinions>>>>>>theirs. I'll entertain the troll thread

They gon cry in the car.

J Cole is half white like u Gtfoh.....his & ya opinion don't count...
This discussion has been closed.