Options

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »
    "They" will never allow it. They like him where he's at just fine.

Remember he's funded Little Orphan Annie and a few other projects and did well. They'd be stupid not to consider Jay-Z when he has links to some of the most prominent entertainers and future film producers. He's not new to this and definitely has the platform via Tidal to have documentaries, TV shows and movies on there.

This is a great look for Hov if he gets it. I wonder who his team is, you don't hear nothing about them ? , only Jay-Z. Maybe that's how he prefers to have it tho.

You're better than this. He did not "fund" the Annie movie. He was a partner with the Smiths and their partners. That pie was divided many ways.

Furthermore if Will Smith himself who is qualified has had a hard time transitioning to an exec level cause of industry politics and has to stay acting what makes you think they'd be more lenient with a relative newcomer lilke Jay-Z?

Good luck to him but I don't really see this going anywhere. This company is worth like 300 mill right now and there are more experienced players who can get in on that way easier than him. Competition gonna be tight.
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay is just a front-man with this, no real power. Would be dope to see majority owned black production companies rise up though, then we could really get films that aren't white-washed. And I'm not talking the Tyler Perry sellout ? either.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The founders’ business skills, however, have not always matched their creative talents. The failure of an expansion into couture and video distribution led to a financial crisis in 2009. The company avoided bankruptcy with a painful debt and asset restructuring. Under that deal, Weinstein was able to retire its debt in exchange for giving a stake in 200 films to Goldman Sachs and Assured Guaranty Ltd., which were debt holders. Goldman’s interests in those films were later acquired by AMC Networks, which is controlled by the Dolan family and its Cablevision company.

Weinstein has enough money from cash flow and $500 million in credit from a consortium of 12 banks, led by Union Bank, to finance films. That credit line remains in place for about three more years, said Anthony Beaudoin, a managing director for entertainment finance at Union Bank.

From 2015 NYT article
  • Broddie
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »

you african americans are pessimistic as ? , jesus...

I'm black but I'm not African American. Truth hurts though. LOL @ anybody thinking they will really have Jay-Z of all people get away with a reasonable stake in their shares. They won't even give Ice Cube that privilige and he's been knee deep in the movie biz for over 25 yrs.

Just because some people failed does not mean everyone fails , y'all outlook on life is myopic as ? .

Stop believing so hard in these billionaire illusions these rappers talk about in their songs. Like Jay-Z said "It's only entertainment".
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options

you african americans are pessimistic as ? , jesus...

I'm black but I'm not African American. Truth hurts though. LOL @ anybody thinking they will really have Jay-Z of all people get away with a reasonable stake in their shares. They won't even give Ice Cube that privilige and he's been knee deep in the movie biz for over 25 yrs.

Just because some people failed does not mean everyone fails , y'all outlook on life is myopic as ? .

Stop believing so hard in these billionaire illusions these rappers talk about in their songs. Like Jay-Z said "It's only entertainment".

i believe in myself and the ability to do what i have to , to get where i want to.

Im pretty sure Jay Z bets on himself rather than some Black people's self defeatist, self pitying and pessimistic attitudes about business or places they have never been , im pretty sure all the successful black people have not got to where they are by always being racially paranoid and not atleast trying.
  • Broddie
    Options
    "Fly Robin fly!"

tumblr_mp33hlaEio1spgth9o1_250.gif
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    LOOK AT ME! I WORKED ON A MOVIE ONCE SO THAT MAKES ME AN EXPERT ON THE INDUSTRY!

tenor.gif
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited October 2017
    Options
    "Fly Robin fly!"

tumblr_mp33hlaEio1spgth9o1_250.gif

I don't think I've ever seen a desperate housewives gif posted on this site before lol
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Remember he's funded Little Orphan Annie and a few other projects and did well. They'd be stupid not to consider Jay-Z when he has links to some of the most prominent entertainers and future film producers. He's not new to this and definitely has the platform via Tidal to have documentaries, TV shows and movies on there.

This is a great look for Hov if he gets it. I wonder who his team is, you don't hear nothing about them ? , only Jay-Z. Maybe that's how he prefers to have it tho.

u mean thats how THEY want it..
    Jay jus be the front man..
    the ? they bring out cause of the attention he garners..

i ? wit Jay... but thats always disturbed me..
    u be proud of the ? cause the headlines read he bought the nets and movin them to beooklyn.. come to find out he bought like 3% of the ? or somethin and some foreigner ? got the other 90+%..

? wasnt ? wit the Nets but because Jay endorsed it they sold out while they was rebuilding when they ofherwise wouldnt have..

i mean all power to Jay for profiting off his celebrity..
    but i aint buyin he’s buyin ? ! lmfao
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lets talk about tyler Perry tho
  • Broddie
    edited October 2017
    Options

You're better than this. He did not "fund" the Annie movie. He was a partner with the Smiths and their partners. That pie was divided many ways.

Furthermore if Will Smith himself who is qualified has had a hard time transitioning to an exec level cause of industry politics and has to stay acting what makes you think they'd be more lenient with a relative newcomer lilke Jay-Z?

Good luck to him but I don't really see this going anywhere. This company is worth like 300 mill right now and there are more experienced players who can get in on that way easier than him. Competition gonna be tight.

Bro you're one of the most pessimistic cats on the IC especially in LCA. You criticise EVERY movie SMMFH. You the type of dude can't take to watch and enjoy anything without criticising. A cynic know the price of everything and the value of nothing. I hope Jay does just so we can have a field day and roast you when the time comes.

You guys can't distinct the difference between an opinion and cynicism. I don't want anybody to fail but I also don't bite my tongue especially as an opinionated mind and as a realist.

That's not my problem that you guys swear you have me figured out without having a clue. I'm not a binary thinker like you are so quit trying to box me in and grow up. I learned a long time ago the world is not black and white and to never deal in absolutes.

Seems like y'all just want to be coddled and told what you want to hear all the time. The opinion of the next man be damned.

Unfortunately the world doesn't work that way and neither does reality. If that's your prerogative fine but do me and yourself the favor of never trying to debate me again if you can't even be civil about it and respect that the world is not a giant think tank. Learn to ignore my posts since apparently they bother you so much.
  • Broddie
    Options

Bro you're one of the most pessimistic cats on the IC especially in LCA. You criticise EVERY movie SMMFH. You the type of dude can't take to watch and enjoy anything without criticising. A cynic know the price of everything and the value of nothing. I hope Jay does just so we can have a field day and roast you when the time comes.

You guys can't distinct the difference between an opinion and cynicism. I don't want anybody to fail but I also don't bite my tongue especially as an opinionated mind and as a realist.

That's not my problem that you guys swear you have me figured out without having a clue. I'm not a binary thinker like you are so quit trying to box me in and grow up. I learned a long time ago the world is not black and white and to never deal in absolutes.

Seems like y'all just want to be coddled and told what you want to hear all the time. The opinion of the next man be damned.

Unfortunately the world doesn't work that way and neither does reality. If that's your prerogative fine but do me and yourself the favor of never trying to debate me again if you can't even be civil about it and respect that the world is not a giant think tank. Learn to ignore my posts since apparently they bother you so much.

Dude shut up SMMFH no one cares about why you're miserable

Thanks for proving my point.

• rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This would be a generational power move! Weinstein company " IS" Hollywood. That machine will always make doe.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I remember watching a video of some dude talking about Jay. He was basically saying what Jay does is align himself with people who are good in their fields then when he learns what he needs to learns he moves on and start his own ? . I do think it's a learning experience thing for him. He would soak up how to finance films and the business side then start his own company. Why would he start a business from scratch in Hollywood with no experience.
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I got the Forbes on my living room floor
    And I'm still talking to the poor, ? I want more
    TIME's most influential, was impressive
    'Specially since I wasn't in the artist section
    Had me with the builders and the titans
    Had me right with Rupert Murdoch
    Billionaire boys and some dudes you never heard of
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Jay is just a front-man with this, no real power. Would be dope to see majority owned black production companies rise up though, then we could really get films that aren't white-washed. And I'm not talking the Tyler Perry sellout ? either.

yup no one would ever take him serious for big money business if he aint with beyonce lets be real but he got a shot hopefully he wont fail cuz all the black companies are willing to back beyonce and have her name behind em
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rickmogul wrote: »
    This would be a generational power move! Weinstein company " IS" Hollywood. That machine will always make doe.

You sure?

The founders’ business skills, however, have not always matched their creative talents. The failure of an expansion into couture and video distribution led to a financial crisis in 2009. The company avoided bankruptcy with a painful debt and asset restructuring. Under that deal, Weinstein was able to retire its debt in exchange for giving a stake in 200 films to Goldman Sachs and Assured Guaranty Ltd., which were debt holders. Goldman’s interests in those films were later acquired by AMC Networks, which is controlled by the Dolan family and its Cablevision company.

Weinstein has enough money from cash flow and $500 million in credit from a consortium of 12 banks, led by Union Bank, to finance films. That credit line remains in place for about three more years, said Anthony Beaudoin, a managing director for entertainment finance at Union Bank
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hell if i could find it i would post it but on ballers when spence was trying to get a piece of the raiders and the fine black chick told him to look around the room.....this is the same scenario.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    crazy thing about this.....

jayz been called alot of ? over the years while stacking his bread.

now that he has his bread hes doing all the things people said he wouldnt do or shoulda did.

he was called sell outs an ? ....now look.

? dont understand the long game

And this why I said this is a BAWSE move. Gotta support this move.
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His wife cake bigger and really gives back to the community but you nihgas ? ride just because he sells swag to ? wanting to be part of corporate America.

Jay is the worst type of hustler. The ? been using bait and switch to finesse mfs from the jump. When you look up snake oil salesman his picture should be next to the definition. Look at the mfs business portfolio, his contributions to the community and the way he talks down on the average mf trying to make a way for self in his songs.

The ? has never been an activist. He seen his wife create a wave with formation and jumped on it even though prior to its release he was ? white socialites and thinking he’s part of Coldplay.

You ? have tunnel vision regarding black successes. Seems like any mf with melanin gets a pass from you ? . It’s deeper than that but whatever. Go ahead and try to post as if you’re smarter, blacker and more in tune to save grace.

Mf please. A slave is still a slave until proven otherwise