Paternity leave...Let's talk about it.

Options

Comments

• grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Military let’s dudes take 10 days (but y’all gotta be married) I’ve done it twice. It was a lil vacation for me & got to connect with the little ones. In all honesty as long as there isn’t any complications with the birth, that’s all you need.
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL @ ? tap

Breast milk best thing going
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    grYmes wrote: »
    Military let’s dudes take 10 days (but y’all gotta be married) I’ve done it twice. It was a lil vacation for me & got to connect with the little ones. In all honesty as long as there isn’t any complications with the birth, that’s all you need.

Have to disagree with you on that one. She gone need help round the house might be days she don't feel like moving and yoy have to wait on her and tend to the newborn. Me personally I wanted to bond as much as I could and take in being a new proud father. Cause if I wasn't there and went back to work it would have been her mother my mom and aunts over now granted they cooked big boy meals that lasted us a week that way I could make sure everybody else I the house was good. But I guess it comes down to how you were raised. Or if you trying to break a certain cycle that you don't won't your kids to go thru. I don't know
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    MsSouthern wrote: »

FMLA had been around forever. Are you sure this is new ?

The laws have changed recently
    And you sound like Ditka

FMLA has been around since 1993. Last amendment to the act was in 2015 so that same sex couples could both take off for leave when they have a child/adopt

When did this change you are taking about occur ?

Sometimes the answer is in the question..

That's not even the same thing though ...

Check the 2009 Amendment and do better googles

You said recent changes ....that was minimum 8 yrs ago

Lol

So we both agree you were wrong

Cool
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We get 12 weeks paid. But this some new ? tho, cause when we had our daughter 3 years ago, I had to use my vacation time. We got another baby due in February, Ima take the whole 12 weeks and just work Uber, or that amazon delivery ? , for some extra cash since I can't work OT/oncall during that time.
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And you sound like Ditka

FMLA has been around since 1993. Last amendment to the act was in 2015 so that same sex couples could both take off for leave when they have a child/adopt

Lol

Cool

You said its been around 'forever' like it existed in the same state... which is has not. And the POTUS has only changed ONCE w/in that 8years, thus making that update 'recent'

So how bout we agree that you sound like Mike Ditka.
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember during those days I took off, I'd usually handle night duties and let her catch up on sleep. Me and my little girl would have a ball. I'd be playing with her or we'd be up watching movies. My girl had a c section, so it took a little while longer for her to bounce back. I'd get up and clean the house, but after awhile she was tired of me being at the crib. Told me to take my ass back to work, and I gladly did. I believe she was getting jealous...my baby girl was becoming a daddy's girl too early lol
  • lucyajones
    lucyajones Members Posts: 25
    Options
    I took right around 2 months off...paid not certain what else to tell ya, fellow
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think my job gave me 40 hours, threw some vacation time in w/ that and had a ball w/ my little girl.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I took 6 weeks paternity leave. I'm very appreciative of the time off given
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My job gives 4 months paid paternity leave.

Whats ? made about taking 4 paid months off?

I dont have kids but when I do, im taking all 4 months.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my boss gives me any amount of days i want off.
    he cool as ? . got a fine ass wife too.
    shout out to that ? pralims
  • MsSouthern
    Options

And you sound like Ditka

Lol

Cool

You said its been around 'forever' like it existed in the same state... which is has not. And the POTUS has only changed ONCE w/in that 8years, thus making that update 'recent'

8 years ago is not recent.

Its a federal law

FMLA exists in all states

• yellowtapesport
    Options

And you sound like Ditka

Lol

Cool

Its a federal law

State as in 'state of existence' ?
    Took a whole damn day and this what you come back with...
    FOH
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    I took a 7 days off. My job only offers paternity leave if you been with the company 2 years or more so I took it out of my personal leave. Yes men should get it. People act like its not important for the father to bond and spend time with the baby as well. Those first few months are important as ? . Plus my wife had a c section so it took her a little longer to recover. Add on the mental and emotional side due to the hormone changes from no longer having a human being inside you and any mother is gonna need some help caring for a new born.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So my question is:
    Does this contribute to the constant feminization of our society? Is it just a paid vacation?

WTF? Feminization?
    I think the problem is that more men don't get longer paid leave time in general.

No feminization involved in wanting to spend time with your child at any moment in their life.
  • MsSouthern
    Options

And you sound like Ditka

Lol

Cool

Its a federal law

State as in 'state of existence' ?
    Took a whole damn day and this what you come back with...
    FOH

I mean how many times do you want me to prove you are wrong from the jump ?

We are at what 3 now ?

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    So my question is:
    Does this contribute to the constant feminization of our society? Is it just a paid vacation?

WTF? Feminization?
    I think the problem is that more men don't get longer paid leave time in general.

No feminization involved in wanting to spend time with your child at any moment in their life.

? call the dumbest ? feminine. Yeah...wanting to actually raise your child and be there is feminine lol
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I took time off when my son was born and then more time off when he was about 6 months old. Time well-spent.
  • yellowtapesport
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    So my question is:

WTF? Feminization?

? call the dumbest ? feminine. Yeah...wanting to actually raise your child and be there is feminine lol

So you need time off work to raise your child now???
    You reachin (as usual) my ?
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    grYmes wrote: »

Have to disagree with you on that one. She gone need help round the house might be days she don't feel like moving and yoy have to wait on her and tend to the newborn. Me personally I wanted to bond as much as I could and take in being a new proud father. Cause if I wasn't there and went back to work it would have been her mother my mom and aunts over now granted they cooked big boy meals that lasted us a week that way I could make sure everybody else I the house was good. But I guess it comes down to how you were raised. Or if you trying to break a certain cycle that you don't won't your kids to go thru. I don't know

Her mom was there for all our kids births too so I was around but she made it a habit to be extra help. Which was cool. My wife never had issues getting back to full strength with our kids. If anything see was telling me I was in the way, lol. Everybody’s different.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So my question is:

WTF? Feminization?

HAWHAT ? ? ! !

• Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    So my question is:

WTF? Feminization?

HAWHAT ? ? ! !

he's not alone

yet i'm so wrong for pointing out the toxic ideas around masculinity, femininity, and sex
  • yellowtapesport
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Y'all ? at home on vacation tryna act like its (necessary) for the child gtfoh

Edit: Unless you got skim milk in them ? lol nh gtfoh
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I took 2 weeks off...? was mad boring