• qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I don't know why Joe Buddens thinks he's better than Method Man

Cause he's Joe Budden. His own biggest fan.

Even casual rap fans could probably recite a Method Man verse.

I doubt a casual rap fan could recite a Joe Buddens verse.

Would never say otherwise. Wu-Tang Forever! Just stating a known fact about Joe Budden. He's like Trump. Pure ego and self absorption.

Y'all must not listen to budden, ? is great tho
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thing is ? said he was going to read from his phone....

even did spanish..

i give him props....he did that ? without effort
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    then lets watch rappers read off the phone all day ........
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    Why can't that dude freestyle or recite memorized lines at least?
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Lol @ the select and choose beef who gets to read from their phones or not. Dope ? tho
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »

What difference does it make? Neither were going off the dome. Both were using prewritten rhymes. One was reciting, the other was reading. ? said he had just written the lines before coming to the show, so of course he didn't have it in his head.

I never understood the problem with reading. Either you go off the dome or the ? is prewritten. If it's prewritten, then it doesn't matter how it's spit, as long as it sounds good and the lyrics are dope.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What difference does it make? Neither were going off the dome. Both were using prewritten rhymes. One was reciting, the other was reading. ? said he had just written the lines before coming to the show, so of course he didn't have it in his head.

I never understood the problem with reading. Either you go off the dome or the ? is prewritten. If it's prewritten, then it doesn't matter how it's spit, as long as it sounds good and the lyrics are dope.

I feel a way about reading off a phone or paper. However, I am 100% ok with a true freestyle or pre-written.

But to be honest if, I am not prepared and Black Thought is any where near the cipher I am doing whatever it takes to not get murdered. I think ? was clearly thinking the same.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ the bolded.

It looks unprofessional.

Imagine watching a movie and the actor was reading his lines off of a piece of paper.

• L3NU
    L3NU Members Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not impressed with ?

Not impressed with kb da kidnappa
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »

I feel a way about reading off a phone or paper. However, I am 100% ok with a true freestyle or pre-written.

But to be honest if, I am not prepared and Black Thought is any where near the cipher I am doing whatever it takes to not get murdered. I think ? was clearly thinking the same.

How u not prepared to go on Sways show? That's what happens on his show! This is a seasoned professional rapper we talkin about here.
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    No reading off the phone during a cypher is like a unwritten rule you expect vets/legends like Mef to abide by..What if everybody started doing it how would that look? Respect WU as always tho.......

Troy Ave tried to hide is phone at 0:50 sec mark and Sway exposed him at 1:44 so i know he felt some way about it
    [VIDEO]https://youtu.be/tWc9TyxxUi4[/VIDEO]
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No reading off the phone during a cypher is like a unwritten rule you expect vets/legends like Mef to abide by..What if everybody started doing it how would that look? Mef said NAS took a L on oochie wally...well he took a L for this stunt. Respect WU as always tho.......

Troy Ave tried to hide is phone at 0:50 sec mark and Sway exposed him at 1:44 so i know he felt some way about it

I ain't mad at ? bringing out phones. So ? rather ? not spit at all or try to spit & ? it up when his phone is in his pocket?

And ? told ? bout the phone ? straight up. I respect that. Troy really tried to front for the camera. I ain't mad at him neither for doing it. ? , its his rhyme. But that's why he was looking crazy.
  • gifted
    gifted Members Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah Meths main priority was not get embarrassed by black thought and I don’t blame him. He too grown to care bout people ridiculing him for reading off the phone ‘new rhymes’. His Wu legacy is intact.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Black Though so underrated

So damn underrated. He killed this ? !
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    somebody show some sense

but i don't mind Troy Ave doing it cuz he was still trying to get on new to the game

? been on and should be able to to rap a lil something off the top

Troy younger

but ? older and practice makes perfect so I expect more out of ?
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that breath control tho

• mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    somebody show some sense

but i don't mind Troy Ave doing it cuz he was still trying to get on new to the game

? been on and should be able to to rap a lil something off the top

Troy younger

but ? older and practice makes perfect so I expect more out of ?

in ? 's defense.....he wasn't up there as a RAPPER....he's up there promoting a show

and i would hate for ? to get outrapped by Black Thought b/c he didn't think he had to rap today and didn't have his verses memorized.....dope cypher
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black Thought really floated
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No reading off the phone during a cypher is like a unwritten rule you expect vets/legends like Mef to abide by..What if everybody started doing it how would that look? Respect WU as always tho.......

lol It ain't an unwritten rule. It's some ? ya'll made up. Reading off the phone wasn't a possibility for the majority of rap history, and as soon as it became a possibility, ? started doing it. And why ya'll acting like ? ain't been doing this ? for damn near 3 decades. It's not a matter of him not being able to do it without the phone. Again, he said during the cypher that he just wrote the ? right before the show.

• unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Who has been doing it this long and is sharper than BT? Beast

• unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Kwan Dai wrote: »

How u not prepared to go on Sways show? That's what happens on his show! This is a seasoned professional rapper we talkin about here.

It's one thing to be on the show. It's a different situation knowing you have to deal with BT.
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? was promoting a tv show though.
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? was SERIOUSLY flowing and in the zone on his 2nd verse... I thought Black Thought was gonna take this cypher, but ? really stepped up and took it, they both killed it though...