Official College Basketball thread/prospect watch

Options

Comments

• So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    313 wayz wrote: »
    high school athletes should be able to forgo college and go play overseas for money for atleast 1 year and then get drafted by the NBA......this college corruption just exposes the hypocrisy of the ncaa
    I thought they could do that already.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    313 wayz wrote: »
    high school athletes should be able to forgo college and go play overseas for money for atleast 1 year and then get drafted by the NBA......this college corruption just exposes the hypocrisy of the ncaa
    I thought they could do that already.

Brandon Jennings and Emmanuel mudiay dont exist
  • Mr.forth
    Mr.forth Members Posts: 37 ✭✭
    Options
    Any word on what’s going on at UCLA with Lavar’s off spring
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Five-star prospect Nassir Little committed to North Carolina on Wednesday.

Little, a 6-foot-6 small forward, chose the Tar Heels over a final five that also included Georgia Tech, Duke, Arizona and Miami.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Little, a 6-foot-6 small forward, chose the Tar Heels over a final five that also included Georgia Tech, Duke, Arizona and Miami.

Zion next. Tar Heels bout to be nasty
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Zion next. Tar Heels bout to be nasty
    If that ? go to UNC then the whole South Cack basketball world is going crazy lol. I personally hope he goes to South Carolina just so I can see how he can grow under Martin.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Just tells me how much the NCAA hates Miami lol
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    UNC untouchable. Get down or lay down ? .
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Tommy bilfiger U have watched more Doncic tape than i have. Are u worried about his speed at all? I have been watching some of his Euro league highlights and his PnR passing is top notch. But i am concerned defenses will Ice him to death in the NBA and he might not have the foot speed to prevent that (Would be easier if he has a great jump shooting big man like Lauri though).
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    @Tommy bilfiger U have watched more Doncic tape than i have. Are u worried about his speed at all? I have been watching some of his Euro league highlights and his PnR passing is top notch. But i am concerned defenses will Ice him to death in the NBA and he might not have the foot speed to prevent that (Would be easier if he has a great jump shooting big man like Lauri though).

Yea that's my biggest concern.If he had more speed/quickness I'd be cool with dude I think that can get exposed in the nba.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OZZX9hi9EQ

this a game from yesterday.A lot of stuff he be doin in whatever league he's in won't fly in the nba imo

but I will say duke courts vision is chris paul/magic johnson level of great and he has high bball iq he's growin on me more.

A lot of them whiteboys on real gm love this dude(dickridin cuz he white/euro) and think he'd be perfect with lavine and markannan.I want porter jr personally but I could see the bulls drafting dude cuz he'd be a perfect fit for how they play now.My concerns is his lack of separation on offense lack of foot speed on defense.
  • toheeb27
    Options

Yea that's my biggest concern.If he had more speed/quickness I'd be cool with dude I think that can get exposed in the nba.

this a game from yesterday.A lot of stuff he be doin in whatever league he's in won't fly in the nba imo

but I will say duke courts vision is chris paul/magic johnson level of great and he has high bball iq he's growin on me more.

A lot of them whiteboys on real gm love this dude(dickridin cuz he white/euro) and think he'd be perfect with lavine and markannan.I want porter jr personally but I could see the bulls drafting dude cuz he'd be a perfect fit for how they play now.My concerns is his lack of separation on offense lack of foot speed on defense.

I need to watch more Porter Jr. On the little i have seen, he seems like the perfect PF for today's game. But yeah, twitter is trying to crown Doncic, but i know the upcoming draft class is top heavy, some of these other boys will step up.

On a sidenote, now that Draft Express is dead, whats a good site for Draft prep?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options

I need to watch more Porter Jr. On the little i have seen, he seems like the perfect PF for today's game. But yeah, twitter is trying to crown Doncic, but i know the upcoming draft class is top heavy, some of these other boys will step up.

On a sidenote, now that Draft Express is dead, whats a good site for Draft prep?

I guess it's gonna be espn smdh. I don't know ,but draft express was the spot especially the strength/weakness videos

but this makeplayz.com make good prospect videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkHjwinwL88

they got a bunch of videos on future nba prospects.I pray to the basketball gawds the bulls can get porter jr they'd be a serious problem with lavine,markannan & porter jr

read from a dude plugged wit the bulls porter or doncic are their primary targets
  • toheeb27
    Options

I guess it's gonna be espn smdh. I don't know ,but draft express was the spot especially the strength/weakness videos

but this makeplayz.com make good prospect videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkHjwinwL88

they got a bunch of videos on future nba prospects.I pray to the basketball gawds the bulls can get porter jr they'd be a serious problem with lavine,markannan & porter jr

read from a dude plugged wit the bulls porter or doncic are their primary targets

Gracias.... Lakers dont have a pick this season, so i wont be ? into the draft as i was the past few years. Will be relying on u and @af.r.i.c.a. as my draft gurus this season.

Hopefully u get the Porter Jr., it was fun last season watching mad film on Lonzo and having my Lakers get him. Would have been able to talk myself into Fultz, but it was Lonzo i wanted the Lakers to draft all the way.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Good lord Ayton is a monster. He's pro ready right now
  • toheeb27
    Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaXY_QH3Z3U
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaXY_QH3Z3U

Yup I was watching this yesterday. He's put in a lot of work on his body and looks even more explosive then he did a year or two ago. The Center position is looking like it might see another golden era in the NBA. Add Ayton Bamba and Bagley to the mix of

Towns
    Cousins
    Embid
    KP
    Gobert
    Jokic
    Turner

That's a real strong group.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Three UCLA men's basketball players -- including LiAngelo Ball, the younger brother of the Los Angeles Lakers' Lonzo Ball -- were arrested in China just days before Friday's season-opening game against Georgia Tech in Shanghai, sources told ESPN's Jeff Goodman.

One source told ESPN the players -- which also included freshmen Cody Riley and Jalen Hill -- were arrested on shoplifting charges.
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited November 2017
    Options
    2018 Big Board/Comps

1. F Michael Porter Jr - Kevin Durant

2. C Deandre Ayton - David Robinson

3. C Marvin Bagley - NA