The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mised the first couple rounds but ever since i been wathcing trout been workin..trout got his ass whipped the first two?? hurd hurt him here but he gassed ? .. 8th round should be interesting. Hurd round here those missed punches by heard gonna hurt for the rest of this fight.. Trout gotta get back to doing what he was doing..
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good call he was a dead man walking
  • Negro_Caesar
    Options
    Good fight. Trout had heart. I think would have survived though
  • Negro_Caesar
    Options
    Lol I'm saying survived and the fight was even to me. But trout was gassed
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Damn he was giving Hurd the biz in those iddle rounds too.. but he got beat up the last few..
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    trout used too much energy early, he was clearly the more skilled fighter just bad strategy. he was not going to outlast a younger fighter at the pace he was going imo
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great fight. Good stoppage
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PG county ? !!!!!

• R.D.
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Spence-Peterson Expected to Be Announced on Saturday for 1/13

Errol Spence Jr. will return to the ring just after the start of 2018.

BoxingScene.com has learned Spence will defend his IBF welterweight title against Lamont Peterson on January 13, Spence’s 28th birthday. Showtime is expected to televise the Spence-Peterson bout.

Spence’s return probably will be announced Saturday during a press conference in Brooklyn, before the start of Showtime’s 154-pound championship tripleheader from Barclays Center (10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT). The site for the card headlined by Spence-Peterson hasn’t been confirmed.

The 27-year-old Spence (22-0, 19 KOs) had hoped to box again before the end of this year, but a crowded calendar prevented that from happening. The powerful southpaw hasn’t fought since he traveled to Kell Brook’s hometown of Sheffield, England, and knocked out Brook (36-2, 25 KOs) in the 11th round May 27 to win the IBF 147-pound championship.

The 33-year-old Peterson (35-3-1, 17 KOs) will end an even longer layoff than Spence. The Washington, D.C., native last boxed February 18, when he defeated Russia’s David Avanesyan (22-2-1, 11 KOs) by unanimous decision in a 12-rounder to win the WBA world welterweight title in Cincinnati.

Peterson has since vacated his version of the WBA’s welterweight title. That victory over Avanesyan represented Peterson’s only fight in the past two years.

Spence, a 2012 Olympian from DeSoto, Texas, hopes a victory over Peterson will lead him toward a welterweight title unification fight against WBA/WBC champion Keith Thurman (28-0, 22 KOs, 1 NC) later next year. Thurman, of Clearwater, Florida, is recovering from elbow surgery performed five months ago.

If Spence beats Peterson, Thurman is expected to seek another bout before considering fighting Spence. Thurman, 28, hasn’t fought since defeating Philadelphia’s Danny Garcia (33-1, 19 KOs) by split decision in their 12-round, 147-pound title unification fight at Barclays Center.

http://www.boxingscene.com/spence-vs-peterson-january-13--121362

Peterson from the hometown and carries himself well so I always root for him but I don't think this fight will end well for him.

Spence ain't the type of fighter you come back and fight after a 2 year layoff. Especially when Spence is getting better and Peterson is getting older.

Put ya money up @r.d.

? you
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

BoxingScene.com has learned Spence will defend his IBF welterweight title against Lamont Peterson on January 13, Spence’s 28th birthday. Showtime is expected to televise the Spence-Peterson bout.

Spence’s return probably will be announced Saturday during a press conference in Brooklyn, before the start of Showtime’s 154-pound championship tripleheader from Barclays Center (10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT). The site for the card headlined by Spence-Peterson hasn’t been confirmed.

The 27-year-old Spence (22-0, 19 KOs) had hoped to box again before the end of this year, but a crowded calendar prevented that from happening. The powerful southpaw hasn’t fought since he traveled to Kell Brook’s hometown of Sheffield, England, and knocked out Brook (36-2, 25 KOs) in the 11th round May 27 to win the IBF 147-pound championship.

The 33-year-old Peterson (35-3-1, 17 KOs) will end an even longer layoff than Spence. The Washington, D.C., native last boxed February 18, when he defeated Russia’s David Avanesyan (22-2-1, 11 KOs) by unanimous decision in a 12-rounder to win the WBA world welterweight title in Cincinnati.

Peterson has since vacated his version of the WBA’s welterweight title. That victory over Avanesyan represented Peterson’s only fight in the past two years.

Spence, a 2012 Olympian from DeSoto, Texas, hopes a victory over Peterson will lead him toward a welterweight title unification fight against WBA/WBC champion Keith Thurman (28-0, 22 KOs, 1 NC) later next year. Thurman, of Clearwater, Florida, is recovering from elbow surgery performed five months ago.

If Spence beats Peterson, Thurman is expected to seek another bout before considering fighting Spence. Thurman, 28, hasn’t fought since defeating Philadelphia’s Danny Garcia (33-1, 19 KOs) by split decision in their 12-round, 147-pound title unification fight at Barclays Center.

Peterson from the hometown and carries himself well so I always root for him but I don't think this fight will end well for him.

Spence ain't the type of fighter you come back and fight after a 2 year layoff. Especially when Spence is getting better and Peterson is getting older.

Put ya money up @r.d.

? you

@buttuh_b

That ? @R.D. said you ain't ? . ? you gon do, let that ? chump you out like that? I say you put the paws on him, b.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great Showtime Promo...
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It has been a good ass year for boxing
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Trout earned his check tho...salute
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Odell Beckham haircut is popular as ? nowadays
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao @ the record scratch when Paulie forget that ? name...
  • marc123
    Options
    This should be good
  • R.D.
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »

Put ya money up @r.d.

? you

@buttuh_b

That ? @R.D. said you ain't ? . ? you gon do, let that ? chump you out like that? I say you put the paws on him, b.

Lmaoo nah nah nah...won't get me

I ain't been able to sleep since it's been confirmed

I'm a Peterson KO away from War Thurman

? all y'all lol
  • playmaker88
    Options
  • marc123
    Options
    Some ones 0 gotta go!!!! lol
  • playmaker88