Official 2017-2018 NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Probably be the only time I praise this ? ?

Shoutout bron with 29, 16, and 9

Its a legendary statline but today's NBA is starting to make statlines like this very occasional but still...And he willed the win in the 4th in a game they shoulda lost
  • Ghost of Jaemooms
    Ghost of Jaemooms Members Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    We effortlessly went up by 20 in the middle of the 2nd quarter despite everybody besides Lebron could not hit a jumpshot and we let our foot off the gas...and like I said Ty Lue's horrible rotation.

D wades minutes is going to have to come down...30 minutes is a little too much...but I think Lue is trying to help them build chemistry...so I ain't trippin.
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    All jokes aside the Celtics are even more trash then I thought....I will never entertain a sports conversation with anybody who picked them to come out the East. (And that's about 50% of you lames)

As I predicted them bums will have to depend heavily on the jump shooting of Marcus Smart (who I watched missed the rim on multiple shots), Jaylen Brown who can ball but he also failed to hit the rim on multiple shots. I like Tatum but I don't see him as a threat until atleast his 4th year...

We could have easily kept our 20 point lead but Coach Lue's rotation was horrible in the 3rd quarter...I'm pretty sure he was just experimenting since Boston posed no threat, so I'll give him a pass.

I predicted the Cavs would only win by 6...they won by 3.

Maan....sit your silly ass down w this..

Against my better judgement, but..
    4v4fbl.gif
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol the over analyzing of one game. One. Game.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cavs are deep, they have alot of versatility on that 2nd unit now. if they can mesh, the east will be a cake walk for them again, and they should be able to keep the games vs GS close when the bench units are on the floor which was only issue in finals.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    Cavs are deep, they have alot of versatility on that 2nd unit now. if they can mesh, the east will be a cake walk for them again, and they should be able to keep the games vs GS close when the bench units are on the floor which was only issue in finals.

tenor.gif

Lmao dawg the cavs are still vulnerable on defense, they're not unbeatable
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked the Celtics last night. I mean after Hayward went down, their season fell off the rails.

But I actually liked the young guys they got. It was only 1 game but I liked how Brown played. He missed some easy shots, and rushed some others, and got lost on defense a few times, but overall he was really aggressive and looking for his shot. He keeps doing that and hes gonna be alright.

Tatum looked good too. The first half he looked overwhelmed and scared, especially after the injury, but he looked better in the 2nd half. Lots of rookie mistakes, but the potential is there.

If Hayward misses the whole season, the focus for the Celtics should shift to developing those 2 guys as much as they can.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol relax, never said they was unbeatable, but they ARE more versatile. jeff green and crowder alone make them more versatile as far as switching and going small. Defense was trash last year and they still breezed thru the east. the group think to do is act like they declined so much...but its still no comp in east outside of the celts.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The rockets won but I dont think cp3 looked good. Its like they has 2 speeds, they would be moving fast and slow down as soon as CP3 touched the ball.

Its only 1 game, its gonna take time, but they might have to adjust how they want to play a bit.
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    I\

If Hayward misses the whole season, the focus for the Celtics should shift to developing those 2 guys as much as they can.

They going to have to, they don't have any one else....its good for J. Brown but it's a lot to ask of Tatum right now..

but they should be cool.
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That was a wild game last night, just one win but a nice way to start the season

Cliff obviously dealing some sort of leg injury and but he still contributed with 11 assists, 1 turnover, 8 boards and made some big defensive/hustle plays in the 4th quarter....as long as he's is okay health wise I'm still not worried about the fit

Tucker and Mbah A Moute were amazing, combined 6-9 from 3 and for 34 points and provided that gritty utility play we've needed for a long time. Their versatility and ability to switch on everything was huge

Gordon played great and gave us a huge spark off the bench, even I was surprised at how explosive he was going to the basket and just how aggressive he was in general....0-6 from 3 but did more than enough to make up for that

The Beard was in full effect last night, started off a bit a sloppy and how some aloof moments on defense throughout the night but he carried us from start to finish consistently attacking the rim and hitting some big stepback shots over good defense
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah EG was a surprise last night. Apparently he shed some weight. It shows. he wasnt mashin like that last year lol.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah EG was a surprise last night. Apparently he shed some weight. It shows. he wasnt mashin like that last year lol.

one thing that ? me off about Gordon was I saw in the playoffs when the pels got swept, he was the only one besides AD who showed up to play. Was hopeful he finally decided he wanted to be apart of the future, but he didnt.

Props to him tho. Good to see him finally start playing like the person the pels were hoping to get when they acquired him via trade all those years ago. Just sucks he's doing it in Houston now
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Celts youngsters looked good.

I think KD was too hyped or something. 8 TOs?

Nick Young will eat this year as long as he can get the defensive rotations down.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao @ the sam jack gif lol
  • Ghost of Jaemooms
    Ghost of Jaemooms Members Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    All jokes aside the Celtics are even more trash then I thought....I will never entertain a sports conversation with anybody who picked them to come out the East. (And that's about 50% of you lames)

As I predicted them bums will have to depend heavily on the jump shooting of Marcus Smart (who I watched missed the rim on multiple shots), Jaylen Brown who can ball but he also failed to hit the rim on multiple shots. I like Tatum but I don't see him as a threat until atleast his 4th year...

We could have easily kept our 20 point lead but Coach Lue's rotation was horrible in the 3rd quarter...I'm pretty sure he was just experimenting since Boston posed no threat, so I'll give him a pass.

3dq2c2qzd4n4.gif
    Front running ass ? , we pressured the cavs defensively and got good looks on offense in the 2nd half while missing Hayward and Marcus Morris. Also jayson Tatum is the 1st Celtics rookie since Bird to have a double double in his 1st game. These idiotic hot takes is why nobody takes u serious ? lls

I know you in your feelings....so I'm let you sulk...already explained why them ? ass ? got back into the game so I'm not about to repeat myself. And the Jayson Tatum stat line is irrelevant. I stated I like Tatum but if you want to compare him to Bird for scoring 14 points in damn near 40 minutes I'm not going to stop you...your roster is depressing, I don't blame you.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What made you feel like this was a good post?

Lebron, Love, and the 2010 All stars should have won by 20.

When you lose to GS in the finals, then Lebron takes his banana boat to Los Angeles, you think Tyron Lue is going to coach potential into a bunch of 40 yr. old misfits and the Washed ? Derrick Rose?

FOH, you going back to the dark ages.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Spitta and JJ ready for the weak ass magic

2secdm4dl5c2.jpg
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? has a shirt with Haslem on it random af.