Official 2017-2018 NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    twolves need to take a page out of utah playbook and focus on executing sets

they bog down on offense going iso iso iso

butler
    wiggins
    gibson
    crawford
    towns

all love isos

+

the lack of ball movement keeps the other team fresh

the wolves routinely hoisted up early shots or dribbled down the shot clock at the top of the key which doesnt require a lot from the spurs defense — on the spurs end (aside from the aldridge isos) their ball movement kept the wolves moving and forced mistakes via either fatigue or the eventual mental mistake

towns especially

he seemed to be out of position or late every time he needed to be in place to help all night

hes really really really bad on defense

Damn near everybody else in the nba is adapting to the pace n space era.Thibs still runnin an archaic 90's offense

No ball movement,no spacing just iso's.I swear I saw the same sets the bulls use to run with rose and jimmy

They have no shooting,spacing or ball movement I saw this after 2 pre season games.Towns was the worst rated 5 in the nba last year,lower than jahlil okafor his defensive bball iq is awful.

Spurs will still be a top 3 west team now aldridge is engaged and him and pop on the same page.I thought they'd decline but nah they like the patriots that system thoro

one big takeaway i had was how quickly thibs went to the butler at the 4 lineup

thibs brought that lineup out in both halfs

which begs the question

if you want shooting so badly at the 4

why the ?  do you sign taj?!?!?!

and i didnt realize just how bad towns was on defense until late last year

he plays so out of control

like his motor is running two steps ahead of his brain

its UGLY

http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/nba/wsc/2017/10/19/de9dda5a-b2c0-d616-022a-3af724b165f3.nba_1304830_1920x1080_5904.mp4

look at this ?

he has to be better on the defensive side of the ball in order for this team to fight for a good playoff position
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    I liked what I saw from Aldridge, but everytime he got the ball, he kept it for 5-7 seconds and if he couldnt score, it threw the offense off.

It works for now when hes the only real scoring option, but idk how that stopping of the ball is gonna work when Kawhi comes back.

Also, the young kid Murray is good. Spurs did it again with a late pick they are gonna turn into a star. What I liked most was how hard he played on defense. He made rookie mistakes, but once he learns from them, hes gonna be a really good defender. I didnt see much from him offensively though, he got most of his points from drives and hustle plays.

I know Pop is super loyal to his old guys, but if Murray continues to play like he did last night, Parker should be coming off the bench when he comes back

the spurs motion offense is almost nonexistent when both aldridge and leonard play nowadays

they both iso

on the low its why danny green fell off

he was great in the spurs motion offense but when the focus shifted to aldridge/kawhi iso ball

green was left out

its difficult having to adjust to hitting shots off more dish outs as opposed to ‘beautiful game’ swings around the arc for a system player
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    AZTG wrote: »
    I liked what I saw from Aldridge, but everytime he got the ball, he kept it for 5-7 seconds and if he couldnt score, it threw the offense off.

It works for now when hes the only real scoring option, but idk how that stopping of the ball is gonna work when Kawhi comes back.

Also, the young kid Murray is good. Spurs did it again with a late pick they are gonna turn into a star. What I liked most was how hard he played on defense. He made rookie mistakes, but once he learns from them, hes gonna be a really good defender. I didnt see much from him offensively though, he got most of his points from drives and hustle plays.

I know Pop is super loyal to his old guys, but if Murray continues to play like he did last night, Parker should be coming off the bench when he comes back

the spurs motion offense is almost nonexistent when both aldridge and leonard play nowadays

they both iso

on the low its why danny green fell off

he was great in the spurs motion offense but when the focus shifted to aldridge/kawhi iso ball

green was left out

its difficult having to adjust to hitting shots off more dish outs as opposed to ‘beautiful game’ swings around the arc for a system player

To me it works when you have motion offense and one iso player, but having 2 iso players kills all motion period.

Now, iso is Kawhi's game, but clearly Kawhi gets more points in the flow of the offense than Aldridge does.

From last night, I think I saw 1 catch and shoot shot from Aldridge. He legit held the ball for 5-7 seconds every time.

He looked good, so im not dissing, i just dont see how it works.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    I think Dillon Brooks might be the real deal

First off, LMAO

Second,

NlmUyu.gif

You shouldn't have said nothing, now he gonna get hurt in the next three weeks
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was reading stuff on real GM and it's crazy how those lames were trying to say Portis should be kicked out of the league for touching up Mirotic.

Both were in the wrong from the reports I've heard and the punch wasn't a sucker punch. Mirotic just got caught sleeping
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mirotic trash - shooter who cant shoot

Free Bobbito!
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was reading stuff on real GM and it's crazy how those lames were trying to say Portis should be kicked out of the league for touching up Mirotic.

Both were in the wrong from the reports I've heard and the punch wasn't a sucker punch. Mirotic just got caught sleeping

Real gm full of whiteboys.

And they were in practice during a scrimmage,it got physical,they were woofin,pushin,niko ran up on portis and got stole on.

Never been high on portis he's a fringe rotation player/role player like the heats whole roster.

Niko is a better basketball player than portis and these things happen all the time they wrere just talkin bout how jordan stole on kerr,will perdue and ran up on horace grant,kobe stole on samaki,patterson stole on qyntel woods(or vice versa) but niko's jaw or face got broken which blew it out of proportion.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    Options

And they were in practice during a scrimmage,it got physical,they were woofin,pushin,niko ran up on portis and got stole on.

Never been high on portis he's a fringe rotation player/role player like the heats whole roster.

Niko is a better basketball player than portis and these things happen all the time they wrere just talkin bout how jordan stole on kerr,will perdue and ran up on horace grant,kobe stole on samaki,patterson stole on qyntel woods(or vice versa) but niko's jaw or face got broken which blew it out of proportion.

I already know what it is but I just found that funny how so many people pick and choose what to be angry over.

One of those 2 guys is getting traded for sure though. Hopefully both get their ? together and become solid players in the NBA
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    Options
    I'm not going to lie at 1st i thought the Rudy ? pickup was kinda dumb but last night and throughout the preseason he has looked pretty solid. Last night he seems to have already gotten a solid grasp on the defensive and offensive game plan. not to mention he is a way better passer than I thought

I think once he gets in better basketball shape he is going to really do well in the system and has a chance to win 6th man of the year with the Spurs.
  • wizedidit
    wizedidit Members Posts: 40 ✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Rozier and brown played well in the 1st half but ? boy smart 1/10 from the field take the ball out of his hands I need Stevens to start giving him the quick hook

Yo to keep it g I was a smart fan his whole career was happy he fell to us but this year I feel like he doesn't fit with the new team..trade or just hope he will break out his slump? He is still a great defender though
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reggie again? ? !
  • your flyness
    your flyness Members Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    lol at that possession
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tough to see Melo hit that three though ? !! LOL
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welp the Bulls only down 20.....
  • Rum Middleton
    Options
    I think Hardaway gonna try to get off..
  • NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welp the Bulls only down 20.....

good start to the tank lol
  • Rum Middleton
    Options
    I still dont like this Lance ? though..
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

its like the loser always gets to play victim even if they start it
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    8 turnovers in the 1st ? quarter and my man Beasley rolls his ankle. Wtf
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • your flyness
    your flyness Members Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Call of Duty commercial was pretty good