Official 2017-2018 NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OKC looked better than I expected.

They didnt look good, but they showed flashes.

Hard to really judge them until they a better team, if they can keep this up where all three stars score 22+ and westbrook gets his triple doubles, their personalities wont clash.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Best plays from last night:

black-screen.png

Don't ever put the lakers, knicks, and Bulls on as the only games again, last night was horrible
  • AZTG
    Options
    Tim Hardaways statline from last night was 8 points, 0 rebounds, 1 assist, 0 steals, 0 blocks, 2 turnovers, 3/10 shooting.

Its one game and he will bounce back, but damm that migbt be the WOAT statline
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Lol since when was Jeff Green an All-Star?
  • Beta
    edited October 2017
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    Tim Hardaways statline from last night was 8 points, 0 rebounds, 1 assist, 0 steals, 0 blocks, 2 turnovers, 3/10 shooting.

Nah bruh

Stanley Johnson 2 points, 4 rebounds on 0-13 FG, 0-6 3pt in 40 mins
  • Beta
    Options
    Lol since when was Jeff Green an All-Star?

Think he was referring to Rose, wade, and IT as being the three
  • AZTG
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    AZTG wrote: »

Nah bruh

Stanley Johnson 2 points, 4 rebounds on 0-13 FG, 0-6 3pt in 40 mins

Nah you right, im just mad I lost money cause of this ? hardaway.
  • Beta
    Options
    BUT I do think Tim hardaway will be fine. He'll average 16-18 ppg but outside him and porzingis idk who is putting points up

• AZTG
    edited October 2017
    Options
    BUT I do think Tim hardaway will be fine. He'll average 16-18 ppg but outside him and porzingis idk who is putting points up

Nobody. The Knicks arent supposed to be a good team this year. They are supposed to develop the core of KP, Hernangomez, Frank, and Hardaway together, hope Hornacek shows that he can be a good coach, and get another lottery pick.

The issue with last night is none of that happened. For some reason Hernangomez didnt play until garbage time, and Frank only played a few minutes before garbage time.

I know what the thinking is, their thinking is to play experienced players like Kanter and Oquinn more and try to sneak in the playoffs in a weak east.

As soon as we all thought the Knicks were finally embracing the rebuild, they showing that they not.

Let the young core fight to get us in the playoffs, and if they dont, which chances are they wont, atleast they get valuable experience.

Frank is the best defender at the guard position for us already just based off size and athleticism. You can tell he has trouble knowing where to be and gets lost on defense quickly, but thats why they should play him a lot and in 20-30 games when he starts adjusting to the speed of the NBA, he will be the best point guard on the Knicks, not cause hes that good, but cause Knicks guards are ? garbage.

And also, get Ron Baker the ? off my team man, he shouldnt even be a towel boy on this team.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hardaway was perfect for the hawks cuz they emphasizs ball movement.

Imagine him on the spurs replacing danny green.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Every time I watch the lakers randle crashing into players getting charges he has to average at least 2 offensive fouls a game.

randle was -25 worst out of anybody who played duke trash

Thats about to be zion williamson 5 yrs from now. Crazy how randle was compared to c webb in high school
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blake looked good. Iono how consistent he's gonna be knocking down that 3 but clearly he worked on that broke ass jumper he had.

Come back to htown pat....
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options

- Thon Maker not improving.

What makes you say this? I love this kids potential this year and in the future.

edit- misread your post about the cavs.
  • Beta
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »

What makes you say this? I love this kids potential this year and in the future.

No he's saying the Cavs have a shot if he doesn't improve as one of the reasons
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of my biggest takeaways was how passive and unaggressive Lonzo was....he really let Beverly bully and rough him up without even attempting to stand up for himself.. ur attitude and demeanor also carries a lot
  • O.G.
    Options

Yeah i edited my post right after i posted.
  • Beta
    Options

Yeah i edited my post right after i posted.

Ahh
  • O.G.
    Options
    One of my biggest takeaways was how passive and unaggressive Lonzo was....he really let Beverly bully and rough him up without even attempting to stand up for himself.. ur attitude and demeanor also carries a lot

He'll be alright. Ain't too many ? point guards out there that wanna play that style like ? Pat.
  • Beta
    edited October 2017
    Options

I mean it's his first REAL game in the league plus when you growing up I bet lonzo was like beverley sucks but when you actually get in the league you find how good these guys really are. That was the wrong PG to have your first game against

I don't think you should read too much into it
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe at a store reminding yall lol

GOAT no matter where he is
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    Hardaway was perfect for the hawks cuz they emphasizs ball movement.

Imagine him on the spurs replacing danny green.

Hardaway would suck because he doesn't play defense and had a ? shot selection. So most likely unless he changed he would be riding the pine next to Udoka

Green works because he can take criticism, plays defense, knows his lane and stays in it. The 1st game this season he did do a little more than usual though. Maybe his handle is getting a bit better.