when's the last time you bought something kinda expensive and got sad right after like...

Options
SneakDZA
SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
...why'd I do that?

i just got a 50" hdr 4k tv because it was getting too hard for me to read the text in video games. As soon as i plugged it in I realized I could have just got a new pair of glasses.

I don't even really watch a lot of quality tv and movies like that. What the ? was I thinking?

Another time that comes to mind was when I paid 24 bills for a shot of mezcal (del maguey pechuga). Mind you the ? was tasty and all but i woke up the next morning and had questions for myself about the trajectory that my life was on that I couldn't really answer.

Comments

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    ..?

i just got a 50" hdr 4k tv because it was getting too hard for me to read the text in video games. As soon as i plugged it in I realized I could have just got a new pair of glasses.

That's called the stupid tax sir, money you spend that you didnt have to for being stupid
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how much u spend on the tv?
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    ...why'd I do that?

I don't even really watch a lot of quality tv and movies like that. What the ? was I thinking?

Another time that comes to mind was when I paid 24 bills for a shot of mezcal (del maguey pechuga). Mind you the ? was tasty and all but i woke up the next morning and had questions for myself about the trajectory that my life was on that I couldn't really answer.

What you mean 24 bills? As in $2400 or $24?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    When i was still single, i bought a condo in Vegas bcuz i was burnt out on the hotel life and wanted more privacy. But the main reason was to impress the ladies who were worthy of being allowed to know where i lived.
    Three months later i was married and no longer needed the bachelor pad. I ended up turning the crib into a more family friendly place. Took me forever to sell that crib.

so you met and married someone in three months?
  • Kai
    Kai Members, Moderators Posts: 704 Regulator
    Options
    i'm the most frugal ? ever so not in the longest. probably when i paid my student loans off finally last summer in a lump sum

you know what, i always get out that feeling by spending other people's money lol. thank you daddies (husband and father) lol
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When i was still single, i bought a condo in Vegas bcuz i was burnt out on the hotel life and wanted more privacy. But the main reason was to impress the ladies who were worthy of being allowed to know where i lived.
    Three months later i was married and no longer needed the bachelor pad. I ended up turning the crib into a more family friendly place. Took me forever to sell that crib.

Or he got back together with that old flame
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just bought 2 meat and potato pies from Morrisons for 2 pound, after I had paid I realized they had Hollands pies on offer for 63p each and the most ? up part is my baby girl didn't even like the pie due to the hard potatoes inside, she loves a good hollands cheese and onion pie tho ffs.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    in 2000 something i paid 1800 for a laptop looking back that was stupid..

there are many more times where i bought something that wasnt expensive and regretted.. and most of the time its food. :s
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

yup. Love ain't got no timetable.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I do it all the time with clothes. But I take it back as soon as I see it. Dont remove the tag. Lenox mall Macys have you thinking you can rock some crazy ? . Then you get home like. WTF! Ask you wife" Why you let me buy this?"
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    I do it all the time with clothes. But I take it back as soon as I see it. Dont remove the tag. Lenox mall Macys have you thinking you can rock some crazy ? . Then you get home like. WTF! Ask you wife" Why you let me buy this?"

True.. I needed a pair of jeans.. went to Macy's and ended up buying 3 pair and 3 shirts..spent like $275. Got home and realized the shirts weren't that nice.. took two back and kept the jeans. Felt good takin that ? back tho..cause I didn't really need the extras.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    $2200 on a macbook pro when i should have spent $700 on a hp laptop for how i use it.

$700 on some ferragamos that will likely last me my whole life but damn...$400 ballys would have done the same.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options

yup. Love ain't got no timetable.

Interesting

Drop that story fam
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Spent 1000 on a Gucci shirt

The hoes love it, but what the ? was I thinking
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7500 on a st laurent jacket...