The Official 2017/18 Football/Soccer Thread

Options

Comments

• HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some great games today

De Klassieker: Feyenoord v Ajax, Rotterdam v Amsterdam, always heated...

Everton Arsenal

SPURS v Liverpool

Torino v As Roma

Marseille v P$G
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Herrera gotta go man he's not top quality and he's not useful like Fellaini

I swear last season y'all United fans were calling him a future captain and fellaini was considered not United calibre!

It was all good just a season ago...

toheeb27 wrote: »

@water ur seeds but but but he put Hazard in his pockets!!!!!

Figo wrote: »
    Herrera is @water ur seeds basegawd

Haha Its tough, Matic has been awesome since he turned up, just so happens its meant that Herrera has had to take one for the team and sit on the bench, the lack of playing time and being played out of position or next to Matic as partnership that doesn’t seem to work imo has been detrimental to him… Last season he was that dude but like any player it helps to be played in their correct position and have regular playing time...

Fam, so you know better than Barca and the majority of United fans and pundits??? You should be on MOTD instead of that boring ? Sheerer, you might be able to argue against Wrighty, Neville and Lineker who normally sing his praises if I remember correctly... Barca are in for him in January apparently, I hope he stays but if he’s not gonna be played properly then he might as well go…

He’s been amazing for the last couple seasons, how can you not see that??? ESPECIALLY last season, he won the ‘Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year’ award last season FFS, you think wack or mediocre players get them accolades??? lol

He wasnt even to blame yesterday, it was our TERRIBLE defence, in fact Matic could of done more for one of the goals, but the whole team didnt put enough effort in… BUT like I said above since Matic turned up and he got sidelined he doest seem to of been the same, him and Matic dont seem to gel as a partnership, like when Scholes and Gerrard were forced to play together for England...

Barca rarely buy mugs (saying they did sign Alex Hleb)...
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    LOL at people getting carried away at Augero's goal scoring record, how can they even compare this or any City2.0 records to the previous City teams pre the takeover money, its like two different clubs...

The sad thing is, unlike United, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea fans etc, can most City fans name any of the old time players on their 'lists' or any old players pre the 90s??? I can think of the keeper Bert Trautmann who broke his neck in the FA Cup final and carried on playing and Rodney Marsh...

• toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I swear last season y'all United fans were calling him a future captain and fellaini was considered not United calibre!

Haha Its tough, Matic has been awesome since he turned up, just so happens its meant that Herrera has had to take one for the team and sit on the bench, the lack of playing time and being played out of position or next to Matic as partnership that doesn’t seem to work imo has been detrimental to him… Last season he was that dude but like any player it helps to be played in their correct position and have regular playing time...

WTF are u talking about? They buy "mugs" all the time.... Heck, they had 2 on their bench yesterday.
  • water ur seeds
    edited October 2017
    Options

WTF are u talking about? They buy "mugs" all the time.... Heck, they had 2 on their bench yesterday.

Rarely... Herrera isnt mug, he woudnt be 'filler' it would be a great signing for them... Plus he came from the La Liga... Its besides the point, the point was how dope a player he is...
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Herrera is only OK at everything. No stand out strengths. Seems to me Utd fans like his commitment and energy but he just doesn't have the quality to regularly impact games for a big club

IMO he's a Morgan Schnidelein** and would look amazin' at a Soton
  • toheeb27
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @HundredEyes How has van Ginkel played this season so far? I know he has scored a lot of goals, but how is his overall play?
  • toheeb27
    Options
    OZIL STARTS!!!!!!!!!!

sanchez too....

txjse7qysylb.png
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    @HundredEyes How has van Ginkel played this season so far? I know he has scored a lot of goals, but how is his overall play?

Yeah and he could and should score more even more. After Lozano he is our greatest player so far this season. Can defend, attack, dictate...still early in the season but this should be the year he outgrows the eredivisie...not sure if hes gonna be good enough for a starting spot at the chels though...
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Lol again no Dolberg @toheeb27
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Moment of truth for da Cowman with everton..
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if koeman gets sacked before bilic........

[img]https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2016-11/21/10/asset/buzzfeed-? -fastlane03/anigif_sub-buzz-25972-1479741401-2.gif?downsize=715:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto[/img]
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    xhaka brother been balling for Basel

@2stepz_ahead
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@2stepz_ahead

yea....people been telling me.

they said the swiss team been doing good to.

when i get some down time ...the locals said they need to get me to focus....lol

some big name team coming here an the tix cost like 300ch
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Options
    pickford keeping arsenal at bay
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Options
    rooney killed it!
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@2stepz_ahead

We bought the wrong brother.

GOAT Rooney still scoring against us for jokes.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Roooneeeeey!!!
  • Figo
    Options
    rooney still got it.
    nice goal. playing without fear
    talking about xhaka, horrid
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rooney loves Arsenal
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Options
    lol @ you ? talking bout xhaka's bro all the while arsenal's xhaka was being put under pressure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a01QQZyl-_I
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    Herrera is only OK at everything. No stand out strengths. Seems to me Utd fans like his commitment and energy but he just doesn't have the quality to regularly impact games for a big club

Thats like saying Kante is only OK at everything... His passing is brilliant, so is his vision, plus so is his 'doing the ? work'... Like you say his commitment is second to none... But he needs a sparring partner and Matic is not it for me...
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    Is Barkley still alive???
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Options

Thats like saying Kante is only OK at everything... His passing is brilliant, so is his vision, plus so is his 'doing the ? work'... Like you say his commitment is second to none... But he needs a sparring partner and Matic is not it for me...

herrera and......pogba?
  • Figo
    Options

@2stepz_ahead

We bought the wrong brother.

GOAT Rooney still scoring against us for jokes.

yea, i forget he played for basel before arsenal signing. he needs to be more consistent at his position on the pitch.