The Official 2017 NFL Season Thread

Options

Comments

• FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn...IC ? quit on the squad..guess is just me up in this ? ...lets go big blue!!

Never! I declared the playoff run starting in Denver lol...My girl had me liquored up for my whole birthday weekend, thus my absence.
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    Overshadowed by all of Lynch's antics so far is the fact that he is producing nothing on the field. Oakland fans got their favorite son but they need a running back.

To be fair, that offense line ain't lookin' so elite this season as far as run blocking goes. The holes/gaps are very inconsistent.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    MallyG wrote: »
    O.G. wrote: »
    Overshadowed by all of Lynch's antics so far is the fact that he is producing nothing on the field. Oakland fans got their favorite son but they need a running back.

To be fair, that offense line ain't lookin' so elite this season as far as run blocking goes. The holes/gaps are very inconsistent.

The new OC was running outside runs
    (Last year not alot)...he only get 13 carries a game for like 60 yards

Its like how carr barely had passes over 15+ yards for weeks until the chiefs game
    Carr attempted ten passes that traveled 20 yards are more last night according to @PFF
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Houston Texans started Tom Savage at quarterback in Week One, and the result was a disaster, as the Texans were held scoreless in the first half. Houston coach Bill O’Brien made a change at halftime, and the results have been extraordinary.

Since Deshaun Watson became Houston’s starting quarterback in Week Two, the Texans have scored more points than any other team in the NFL. The Texans have scored 170 points since Week Two, five more than the Chiefs, who have scored the next-most — and the Chiefs did it in one more game because that includes the 30 points the Chiefs scored on Thursday night.

Since Week Three, when Watson got his first start with a full week to prepare, the Texans have scored 157 points — 19 more than the second-place Chiefs who, again, have played one more game than the Texans over the same time period.

Watson has 14 touchdown passes over the last four weeks. No other player has more than 10. Watson also leads all NFL quarterbacks in rushing yards, with 202.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FlyFreeCt wrote: »
    Damn...IC ? quit on the squad..guess is just me up in this ? ...lets go big blue!!

Never! I declared the playoff run starting in Denver lol...My girl had me liquored up for my whole birthday weekend, thus my absence.

They asked McCadoo about dj fluker in reference to the improvement of the oline since he started playing, mac said "we brought him along at the right pace" or some ? . ? only made those oline adjustments bc of injuries. Can't stand that dude.
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They asked McCadoo about dj fluker in reference to the improvement of the oline since he started playing, mac said "we brought him along at the right pace" or some ? . ? only made those oline adjustments bc of injuries. Can't stand that dude.

Literally the worst thing we have going for us is McAdoo...The crazy thing about it is that I was saying it last year, even with our 11-5 record...He doesn't have the ability to make adjustments in game, his personnel groupings are predictable and play calling is terrible....As an o coordinator he was decent. Him and Reese both need to go....if Coughlin had a defense play like ours played last year, we would've made a deep run.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jerry Jones has appeared to become the most strident of the NFL owners in his stance that players must stand for the national anthem. But it hasn’t always been that way.

After Jones’s first home game as the Cowboys’ owner in 1989, a fan complained that Jones and his guest, Elizabeth Taylor, had been spotted sitting during the national anthem. The Star-Telegram published a letter from the offended fan, Ken Johnson.

“JEERS: To Jerry Jones and Liz Taylor, who were the only two people at last Sunday’s Cowboys-Redskins game not standing when the national anthem was played,” the letter said. “Riding out in a cart just before the anthem began was bad enough, but sitting while it was played was more than many of us could handle. Jerry, please note that in Texas, we stand for the national anthem. P.S.: Tom [Landry] always took off his hat.”

We’re not sure why Jones (or Taylor) wouldn’t have stood for the anthem in 1989, but apparently some time in the last 28 years Jones has decided that not only will he always stand for the anthem, but every Cowboys player must stand as well.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Literally the worst thing we have going for us is McAdoo...The crazy thing about it is that I was saying it last year, even with our 11-5 record...He doesn't have the ability to make adjustments in game, his personnel groupings are predictable and play calling is terrible....As an o coordinator he was decent. Him and Reese both need to go....if Coughlin had a defense play like ours played last year, we would've made a deep run.

he,a stubborn fool... ? aint have a fb in his playbook or roster for a whole year... how sway? ? wouldn't use darkwa for 2 years even tho he did well when he got real carries...
  • Lowercase_G
    Lowercase_G Members Posts: 252 ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    https://youtu.be/50nawhiwMDg
    Why Carson Wentz is out there killin fools lol
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21103768/kenny-britt-corey-coleman-cleveland-browns-misunderstood-curfew-rules
    Sources: Browns WRs misunderstand curfew

Browns wide receivers Kenny Britt and Corey Coleman were sent home last weekend after missing the team's curfew the night before Cleveland's loss to the Texans in Houston, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter and multiple reports.

The NFL Network first reported the incident Saturday, saying that Browns coach Hue Jackson would not lower his curfew standards for Britt and Coleman, who both were injured at the time and would not have played in the game.

But a source told Schefter that in previous weeks, injured Browns players who were going to be inactive for games had not been required to adhere to curfew.

Britt, who was out last week with a groin injury, and Coleman, who is on injured reserve with a broken hand, returned to the team hotel in Houston at 1:15 a.m. local time last Saturday night, well after the team's 11 p.m. curfew, the source told Schefter. The receivers did not go to the game -- a 33-17 loss for the winless Browns -- and arrived back in Cleveland at the same time as the rest of the team, the source told Schefter.

The Browns have declined comment on this report. Britt is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Tennessee Titans but is expected to play, according to Schefter.

Britt signed a four-year, $32.5 million deal with the Browns this past offseason but has struggled in his first season with Cleveland, hauling in just eight receptions for 121 yards and one touchdown in four games.

Coleman was Cleveland's first-round draft selection last year but has been plagued by injuries, appearing in just 12 games since the start of the 2016 season.

2okmdd42z63b.gif
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21103768/kenny-britt-corey-coleman-cleveland-browns-misunderstood-curfew-rules
    Sources: Browns WRs misunderstand curfew

Browns wide receivers Kenny Britt and Corey Coleman were sent home last weekend after missing the team's curfew the night before Cleveland's loss to the Texans in Houston, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter and multiple reports.

The NFL Network first reported the incident Saturday, saying that Browns coach Hue Jackson would not lower his curfew standards for Britt and Coleman, who both were injured at the time and would not have played in the game.

But a source told Schefter that in previous weeks, injured Browns players who were going to be inactive for games had not been required to adhere to curfew.

Britt, who was out last week with a groin injury, and Coleman, who is on injured reserve with a broken hand, returned to the team hotel in Houston at 1:15 a.m. local time last Saturday night, well after the team's 11 p.m. curfew, the source told Schefter. The receivers did not go to the game -- a 33-17 loss for the winless Browns -- and arrived back in Cleveland at the same time as the rest of the team, the source told Schefter.

The Browns have declined comment on this report. Britt is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Tennessee Titans but is expected to play, according to Schefter.

Britt signed a four-year, $32.5 million deal with the Browns this past offseason but has struggled in his first season with Cleveland, hauling in just eight receptions for 121 yards and one touchdown in four games.

Coleman was Cleveland's first-round draft selection last year but has been plagued by injuries, appearing in just 12 games since the start of the 2016 season.

2okmdd42z63b.gif

ef2amqba55z0.gif
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah Saints need to lose this game so thwy can know that they aren't that good on Defense.
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    LMAO @ the whole world is watching us eat birds, can ice show up tonite or naw
    untitled-1vcu8i.gif
    3 vs 28 never forget
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow we actually scored on an opening drive and hit a long field goal at that
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kenny stills with a great catch
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bortles? Okay. Ok.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just fire chuck right NOW
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kelvin benjamin so slow off the line and cant get separation. that caused the pick six