The Official Dragonball Super Thread (All my DBZ fans come in here)

Options

Comments

• MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [img]https://scontent-atl3-1.? .fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/21743033_1453410571403325_7605075823623963568_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=3c02ed840d759eb67892bce0901b6029&oe=5A65400C[/img]
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The manga is non canon
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The manga is non canon

Neither is "canon" really
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    The tone of the manga is so much different than the show. It'll be interesting to see how the tournament is handled. Nobody hates Goku in the manga because everyone already understands how Goku helped everyone. The manga also does a better job of showing how powerful the GoDs are. Not all of them are on the same level, but the ones at the top of the pile are far above Goku and Co. That said, the manga also does a good job of showing how far Goku and Vegeta stand out. Pretty much everyone is shocked by how powerful Goku and Toppo are. They clearly aren't normal by any standard.

The Manga is top 5, I'm just disappointed the Anime isnt as real
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Can’t agree . Trunks saga for the manga and anime was garbage as ?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The manga is non canon

They're parallels from the same scripts
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Cabba reached SS2 just to get sonned by Lord Frieza. That ? was bad. What made it bad was dude had just reached a new plateau and he was still far ourclassed. Caulifla and Kale surpassed him quick asf. I like that he knew his role on the team and was just trying to help, instead of trying to be the hero himself.

Vegeta told Toppo to ? off and then got hit with the ricochet bullet lol.

Uni 6 is taking hella Ls. I don't think they'll ve around much longer so they juicing these eps featuring them.

I like the psychology of the eps now. Exhaustion is becoming just as much of a weapon as any attack. Dude's is burnt out.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    The Universe 6 saiyans are different than the Universe 7 ones. They reach levels fast AF and they're full breeds too. Great episode.

Frieza and Toppo had me in tears LOOLOLOL

17 & 18 been too quiet. I wonder who's ass they're going to save. Looks like they're gonna drain Vegeta as he fights with Toppo to create the idea that this is a lot closer than it appears.

Who you got in the fight tho vegeta or toppo
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    The manga is non canon

It doesn't really work like that. The canon for DB is basically whatever Toriyama actively works on. In this case that's the anime. The manga is outsourced. It's given the same basic storyline, but the writer is willing to take liberties, and he's taken enough to the point where the two are very different.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    The Universe 6 saiyans are different than the Universe 7 ones. They reach levels fast AF and they're full breeds too. Great episode.

Frieza and Toppo had me in tears LOOLOLOL

17 & 18 been too quiet. I wonder who's ass they're going to save. Looks like they're gonna drain Vegeta as he fights with Toppo to create the idea that this is a lot closer than it appears.
    I don't know if the U6 Saiyans achieve levels faster than the U7 Saiyans. The U7 Saiyans kinda figure things out, whereas the U6 Saiyans have been basically guided along. The U7 kids managed to gain levels fast too. We always assumed it was because they were mixed breed, but it could simply be that once you know the process, it's not that hard to reach a new level.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well vegeta and cabba's conversation pretty much confirms the next arc in dbs.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well vegeta and cabba's conversation pretty much confirms the next arc in dbs.

I been told yall that back in the tournament/Zamasu arc...

I dont think it'll be a major one though. I see it as vegeta helping cabba be more confident and he'll end up being the hero at the end while vegeta watches on proudly maybe? Lol just a thought.
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I like the theme of Freeza going after the U6 saiyans since he can't interfere with the ones on his own team. I'm cool with Cabba hitting SSJ2 so fast here, since the stakes are so high. And Gohan hadn't been a SSJ that long before he hit SSJ2. Big problem with Caulifla doing it was there was no catalyst for it, the ? just happened. Cabba's transformation made sense. And getting destroyed by Golden Freeza made sense. Good little side story there.

Would rather see Freeza fight Toppo instead of Vegeta, justice vs evil and all that. He should ? with Kale while Goku and Caulifla are fighting. That evil ass laugh Freeza does before he pulls some ? be having me rolling.

Too bad for Cabba but at this point I just want ? eliminated so we can get to the triple OG fights. Somebody trips over a rock and I'm praying they fly off the edge.

Seems like Piccolo is about to go next from U7 with the amount of disrespect they showing him. ? up that he's been reduced to Gohan's bodyguard, and then can't even defend himself. Piccolo used to be that ? smh. ? basically a green Krillin at this point.

And I dont know how fighting is supposed to replenish Goku's stamina, but I'll chalk it up to nothing in super making sense. Same as how from the preview, Goku base is fighting even with SSJ2 Caulifla somehow. And how/why a ? who's lost all his stamina is trying to go SSJ3, the most draining form in the series (Caulifla WILL be going SSJ3 before the ep is over). The writers clearly have things they give a ? about (matchups, episode themes) and things they don't (logic, continuity, power scaling). It is what it is.

Next episode seems to be about Goku vs the U6 saiyans when Vegeta vs Toppo is a lot more interesting. Its battle of the #2's but they still the two most powerful fighters in the tournament after Jiren and Goku. The prince of all saiyans vs the U11 ? candidate deserves its own episode, not a little sidebar while Goku teaches Caulifla ultra instinct ? kaioken blue. Do the right thing Toei.
  • OmegaConflict
    Options
    Vegeta is gonna get his ass whipped by toppo
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    The manga is non canon

It doesn't really work like that. The canon for DB is basically whatever Toriyama actively works on. In this case that's the anime. The manga is outsourced. It's given the same basic storyline, but the writer is willing to take liberties, and he's taken enough to the point where the two are very different.

You don’t know what you’re ralking about . lol toriyama writes the storyboard and both the manga people and the anime uses the storyboard and create whatever they want . Like someone said they’re parallels
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vegeta is gonna get his ass whipped by toppo

Im quitting if this happens
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vegeta gonna wash Toppo lol. The scary part is the only person who from universe 11 who eliminated people is Jiren. So they are due to knock someone out. If they don’t then I’m ok with that.

Kale, caulifla and Goku gonna have their hands full with this robots. I think universe 3, 6, and 2 are next to get wiped out.

I just hope Frieza doesn’t win this thing. There should be a Dragon ball spin off with universe 6 vs Frieza
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Frieza is going to lose. Probably get destroyed by Zeno
  • OmegaConflict
    Options
    I rather see goku get eliimnated before frieza
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He’s determined and has his own agenda.
  • iron man1
    Options
    Caulifla will go SSJ3 and SSG before the series ends because they want a female character that young girls can identify with and appreciate. They're already building her up to be that so yeah she's hitting new forms soon and gonna be around for a long time.

Nah I see ss3 but ? mode hell nah you at the very LEAST need to be around gods or angels for a serious amount of time in training. None of them will blue unless Vados trains with them personally. I won't ne surprised if Caulifa unlocks SS3 though
  • iron man1
    Options

He's not going anywhere he's brought such a fun sadistic dynamic since his return and you can tell the writers are having fun with his arc. Frieza unlike Frost has not gotten upset and has kept his cool the entire time. Every move he's made has so far been calculated and unless he's sure oc a victory has stayed in hiding just observing fights.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    The manga is non canon

You don’t know what you’re ralking about . lol toriyama writes the storyboard and both the manga people and the anime uses the storyboard and create whatever they want . Like someone said they’re parallels

The anime writers do very little to what Toriyama gives them. They just adapt it for TV. Toyotaro is actually putting his own spin on the story in the manga. On top of that, the anime was actually the first version of the story to come out. This time the manga is following.

I thought there was an official statement, but it appears there isn't, so I guess it doesn't matter one way or the other.
  • OmegaConflict
    edited October 2017
    Options

He's not going anywhere he's brought such a fun sadistic dynamic since his return and you can tell the writers are having fun with his arc. Frieza unlike Frost has not gotten upset and has kept his cool the entire time. Every move he's made has so far been calculated and unless he's sure oc a victory has stayed in hiding just observing fights.

The biggest mistake hes made so far is let goku know his limitations withh jiren. Also he screwed up by eliminating cabba creating a rift between him and the saiyans. Thats just myop