Master P To Colin Kaepernick: Let's Start Our Own League

Options
MR.CJ
MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
Master P has a message for Colin Kaepernick ... WHO NEEDS THE NFL ... telling TMZ Sports if the league won't let Kaep ball, he's down to help Colin start up his own shop, and take down the shield.

P knows about sports startups, his Global Mixed Gender Basketball league is off to an incredible start, attracting big name talent like the Gonzalez Twins, Glen "Big Baby" Davis, and Metta World Peace.

When we got him out in L.A. we had to ask P what he thought about Kaep's situation, and P had a very simple answer, if you can't join 'em, beat 'em.

"I'll help him start his own league. I think he should, I mean he's a great football player. I think the NFL should have some competition."

P's point is that the only way Colin can ensure his right to demonstrate any way he wants is to have some ownership, and that's exactly what he wants to do with his upstart league.

Someone get "He Hate Me" on the phone.

http://m.tmz.com/2017/10/18/master-p-kaepernick-screw-nfl/#!news/

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trollio wrote: »
    P leeching to everything moving

Master P gon' Master P.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    Smh at you crab ass negros trying so hard to say something negative about one of the realest, if not the realest brother hip hop has ever produced. Stop hating.

If y'all was around back in the pre-Friday era y'all would've told Cube he had money but not Hollywood money. Y'all the same negros would've told Dre he had money but not Apple money. P laughs at you small minded ? b/c 20+ years ago people like y'all told him that he dreamed too big and he was a fool for turning down his first contract. But while your favorite rappers are still rhyming for gold chains and getting ? for publishing and show money P has decades worth of paper and the financial and mental freedom to contemplate something as big as starting his own football league. You crab ass negros are just filled with too much self hate to see if for yourselves. Smmfh. The hate is realer than ever.
    I'm saying, especially since Cube had his basketball league this year. ? clowned that ? but every time I saw it on TV, those stands were full. Football obviously takes more to maintain, but I'm not going to say that a businessman like P or Diddy can't at least get the ball rolling on that ? . If they can get on the Forbes list from grinding and owning their own ? then I won't doubt them on this.
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He obviously talkin out his ass with the “take down the shield” ? . I’ll root for him if he’s serious, but leagues that start up with the purpose of trying to out do the NFL usually end up with ? games and fold within a few seasons.

Cube ain’t trying to compete with the NBA his league is a fun alternative. If P can build on that then he has a shot but it won’t happen over night. If anything even happens.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    Smh at you crab ass negros trying so hard to say something negative about one of the realest, if not the realest brother hip hop has ever produced. Stop hating.

If y'all was around back in the pre-Friday era y'all would've told Cube he had money but not Hollywood money. Y'all the same negros would've told Dre he had money but not Apple money. P laughs at you small minded ? b/c 20+ years ago people like y'all told him that he dreamed too big and he was a fool for turning down his first contract. But while your favorite rappers are still rhyming for gold chains and getting ? for publishing and show money P has decades worth of paper and the financial and mental freedom to contemplate something as big as starting his own football league. You crab ass negros are just filled with too much self hate to see if for yourselves. Smmfh. The hate is realer than ever.
    I'm saying, especially since Cube had his basketball league this year. ? clowned that ? but every time I saw it on TV, those stands were full. Football obviously takes more to maintain, but I'm not going to say that a businessman like P or Diddy can't at least get the ball rolling on that ? . If they can get on the Forbes list from grinding and owning their own ? then I won't doubt them on this.

Cube ain't competing against the NBA
    Nobody said he was trying to, I'm saying it was done after ? clowned it when it first came out. The NFL is a monster but to say that a ? can't even a put a league together is close-minded as hell. Its like ? want old white men to control everything forever just so they can have something to complain about. Let them ? try to cook.

He can put a league together but if he's trying to be direct competition. He won't last.

That's why Cube league is different
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

This ? sounds nice but how realistic is it? Anybody can contemplate starting their own league. ? been throwing out "just start our own league" for how long now? P couldn't even maintain a sports agency...the hell makes you think he can start and maintain an entire football league? He's made some good business moves in the past but ? really do overlook just how much it takes to run and maintain an entire league. It ain't as simple as get some high school stadiums and go at it like some people keep thinking.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

cube getting sued too.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    its a very big project.

he can do it...he just needs the backing.
    with that i mean...players, stadiums and advertisement.
    then its the insurance costs, travel costs and security.

this is why i say...do that ? across seas.

an watch how the NFL comes begging for ? just to not crumble.

same with the NBA.....it them ? do they own ? overseas.....the NBA would crumble.
  • gorilla
    gorilla Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Real ? right here.

Why do we always have to think so small minded? If we got behind each other we'd do amazing things. The NFL and NBA are dominated by black men. If they all left those leagues would be jack ? . The problem is we as a collective are more comfortable with being players as opposed to owners. Since being brought here we been taught our physical prowess our lane. The greatest inventions in human history have come from black minds but we been taught not to use ours. We will never get anywhere as a people if we keep limiting each other.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    gorilla wrote: »

Real ? right here.

Why do we always have to think so small minded? If we got behind each other we'd do amazing things. The NFL and NBA are dominated by black men. If they all left those leagues would be jack ? . The problem is we as a collective are more comfortable with being players as opposed to owners. Since being brought here we been taught our physical prowess our lane. The greatest inventions in human history have come from black minds but we been taught not to use ours. We will never get anywhere as a people if we keep limiting each other.

man.....black people can do some great ? .

always could.

? just limit themselves.

i really aint gonna go into the list but the ? is sicken to watch.

we support fukkery and trolls before we support some era changing ? .

loud ? always had ? ear...even when they dont be saying ? ...? like to hear and see a loud ?
    @beta

we got our own destiny in our hands but rather leave it up to someone else to guide us with it.

an i understand everyone aint built for it....thats cool. but then dont try to talk about how tough you are then.
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Real ? right here.

always could.

? just limit themselves.

loud ? always had ? ear...even when they dont be saying ? ...? like to hear and see a loud ?
    @beta

we got our own destiny in our hands but rather leave it up to someone else to guide us with it.

an i understand everyone aint built for it....thats cool. but then dont try to talk about how tough you are then.

Kind of off subject but did you deal with racism when you first started your business and if so how did you handle it? @2stepz_ahead
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »

Real ? right here.

always could.

? just limit themselves.

@beta

Kind of off subject but did you deal with racism when you first started your business and if so how did you handle it? @2stepz_ahead

LMAO!!! are you serious?

is this a serious question?

not dissing you...but how deep do you want me to go in this.
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Real ? right here.

always could.

? just limit themselves.

@beta

LMAO!!! are you serious?

@2stepz_ahead as deep as you can get because a lot of black people got business ideas but if the business you are in you have to deal with white people it scares black folk off so I'm just trying to see how black business owners overcame this obstacle
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Talk That ?
    0tfbo7ejjhzn.gif
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So we gon act like P, always coming up with shot and not following through with it?

What happened to that Better Black TV network?
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ...P knows about sports startups, his Global Mixed Gender Basketball league is off to an incredible start, attracting big name talent like the Gonzalez Twins, Glen "Big Baby" Davis, and Metta World Peace...

LOL at incredible start

That ? goin nowhere

I wouldnt even know it exist if i didnt follow Gonzo twins on IG. And they barely even mention it.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

Real ? right here.

always could.

? just limit themselves.

@beta

LMAO!!! are you serious?

@2stepz_ahead as deep as you can get because a lot of black people got business ideas but if the business you are in you have to deal with white people it scares black folk off so I'm just trying to see how black business owners overcame this obstacle

maaaaan.

i am in the pharma industry.i deal with multibillion dollar companies,. Merck, pfiser, j&j, biogenidec,hospira, genetec, Amgen and the list goes on. those are all my customers as are standford, florida state, cornell and duke.

nothing but privileged white male dominated.

the only black ceo i know of is from Merck and hes from my hood...in north philly

http://fortune.com/2017/08/15/merck-ceo-ken-frazier/

this ? arrives at company retreats in a copter.

thats boss ? .

but yea....it is very fukking hard to navigate within pharma...even on the academia level i catch ? .

people always questioning ? , wanting to know my credentials, second guessing what im doing and wanting to know what college i went to and who trained me. ? wanting to undercut me, not pay me and all the normal business ? .

the part that til this day still fukks with me is how i was treated by black people.

while one black dude gave me my first real big break....the break that put me into 7figures.....it was two black people that sold me the fukk out worse than any white person ever did.

? still hurts too cuz of how it happened.

so black dude at a company in gaithersburg maryland HGSi...dude sold me out to a white dude an his chick.
    so when i come to do work....i have to leave service reports...he would give them to the chick who would then give them to her man. dude would study them and learn what i was doing in hopes of taking the business away cuz his lady was the one who brings in contractors. so one day i go there and they tell me they dont need me anymore...i ask why...dude starts laughing say...well such and such gave your reports to such an such an now hes the one who fixes them. an it was said you use bad parts. im looking at him..like dude you know i dont why didnt you say anything. i tell him its not true and i have reciepts..but he finds it funny. this mexican dude was ? because he said it was a conflict of interest an they can be sued. i just walked away from it. i called my lawyer an it was a bunch of ? .....but im like ...yo how can you help them like that? and why you find it funny? i was mad for like a week at that ? cuase i hooked the black dude up with cigars from the DR and this chick i knew. my homies from DC wanted to ? the white boy but im like...really?

? thats just 1 story out of 7 1/2 years of ? .
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    ...P knows about sports startups, his Global Mixed Gender Basketball league is off to an incredible start, attracting big name talent like the Gonzalez Twins, Glen "Big Baby" Davis, and Metta World Peace...

LOL at incredible start

That ? goin nowhere

I wouldnt even know it exist if i didnt follow Gonzo twins on IG. And they barely even mention it.

Big names like Glen Davis? Lmao. If those big names then that's a shame. At least Cube Big 3 league was able to get players peoplr actually want to see. This is what I mean when I say ? think you can just throw any product out and its gonna work. Starting an entire league is not some ? you just do on a whim...
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I watched Big3 1 time

That ? weak too.

Would be interesting if it was full court but them guys dont wanna really compete.

? was just jumpshots all day with halfass defense.

Boring