Lil Wayne To End Young Money

Options
sapp08_2001
sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
Lil Wayne allegedly wants the termination of Young Money as a joint venture with Cash Money.
There was a time when Young Money, as a collective, had a major influence on hip hop's landscape. When Drake and Nicki Minaj were just starting to blossom into their careers, Weezy's Young Money imprint was the label that nurtured them into being the superstars they are today. Sadly, it seems that Lil Wayne want to shut down shop.

Lil Wayne is allegedly trying to take the Young Money imprint off of Cash Money, according to reports from The Blast. The feud he's been having with Birdman seems to have trickled down to his own imprint. The report says that Lil Wayne is sick of Birdman cashing in on his hard work and either wants the music label to be dealt with properly or dissolved from the Cash Money imprint. Wayne reportedly said he feels he's brought an enormous amount of talent to the company, especially with Drake and Nicki Minaj, but says he was bamboozled by Birdman.

In documents that Wayne allegedly filed, he's asking the court to "appoint a receiver to supervise the operations of Young Money Label joint venture or order the termination of Young Money Label joint venture and appoint a liquidator."

It would be the end of an era if Young Money ends up terminated as a company. It initially started as a joint venture between Wayne and Cash Money back in 2003.

Wayne's original beef with Birdman and Cash Money Records stems back to 2014 when Wayne said that Cash Money is refusing to release Tha Carter V and that Wayne has yet to receive his $8 million dollar advance from Birdman.

Despite Wayne's claims, Birdman continues to deny that he or Wayne have any issues. A few weeks prior, Birdman went on an epic rant on his Instagram story where he said that he's taken care of Wayne regardless of what the media or others are saying.

"? , you think I ain't gonna make sure he straight? Suck a n**a ? , ? . I'm gonna show all you ? ni**as that got in my business, ? you ni**a," he said.

The beef between father and son doesn't look like it'll come to a halt anytime soon.

Comments

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIP in advance.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THE_R_ wrote: »
    I THOUGHT BACK IN THE LATE 2000'S THAT YM WAS GONNA LAUNCH INDEPENDENTLY THROUGH UNIVERSAL...NOT THROUGH CASH MONEY THROUGH UNIVERSAL...

? HAS SUCKER DEAL WRITTEN ALL OVER IT.

AND NOW BIRDMAN GETS CREDIT FOR CASH MONEY HAVING A "2ND WIND" WHEN IT WAS REALLY YM...

I have no simpy for "Birdman Jr."

What an idiot!
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Young moola baby
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    So he's not ending it he just wants it away from CMR?
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I was just thinking that Wayne Drake n Nikki should drop a joint project. Not that it's something I want, something for their fan base..

Too late for that I guess..
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarthRozay wrote: »
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Lmfao Everytime one of these articles comes up all I can recall is the time Wayne nearly signed with Roc A Fella/Def Jam, but then saw articles of a re sign with Cash Money.

I remember laughing back then too.

It's not just that he resigned with CM, but the fact he was foolish enough to have them distribute his own label. You didn't see Drake saying "Yeah Birdman, let's have Cash Money distribute OVO Sound, it's all love!" He was smart enough to set that ? up with an outside label.

? drake was smart enough to not fully sign with cash money/ym as a solo artist. I can't recall the specifics of his deal, but I know he's safe to release his music whenever the hell he wants and doesn't need to worry about birdman blocking it. I wonder if nikki has a similar deal to drakes. She hasnt released an album In awhile to my knowledge
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarthRozay wrote: »
    Lmfao Everytime one of these articles comes up all I can recall is the time Wayne nearly signed with Roc A Fella/Def Jam, but then saw articles of a re sign with Cash Money.

I remember laughing back then too.

It's not just that he resigned with CM, but the fact he was foolish enough to have them distribute his own label. You didn't see Drake saying "Yeah Birdman, let's have Cash Money distribute OVO Sound, it's all love!" He was smart enough to set that ? up with an outside label.

? drake was smart enough to not fully sign with cash money/ym as a solo artist. I can't recall the specifics of his deal, but I know he's safe to release his music whenever the hell he wants and doesn't need to worry about birdman blocking it. I wonder if nikki has a similar deal to drakes. She hasnt released an album In awhile to my knowledge

Nicki is ? too, but not like Wayne
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good, now he can disappear.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't care cuz he gone find a way to eat and be relevant some type of way
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    never been a big wayne fan...but listening to tha mobb and fly in/out off carter 2 the other day and that boy could rap..in his heyday...I think if he had never went the skateboard route....he wouldnt have been as mainstream but he would have been more relevant today.

cash money era>>>>no limit...sorry folks p did it first

but them cmb boys was relevant for a lot longer(including singles and albums done outside of cm) and put out more classics.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    I don't care cuz he gone find a way to eat and be relevant some type of way

You should try to get him in the Street Military, KB
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options