Do you ask for your money back?

Options

Comments

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If my girl ask to borrow money for an expensive ass purse that means she ain't got enough money to put in said purse to justify her owning it.

So I'm going to look at her like she's stupid until she asks what so I can say ? NO

nah she just wanted him to pay for it...she s more than good financially
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I gave my girl 2,500, and she cant find the purse, id be like yo keep the money anyway.

Lol at me giving my girl 2,500 for a purse though.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    Why is everyone so extra ?

He isn't sharing a bank account and he didn't loan her the money

She asked him to buy the bag for her and he said yes.

Now that she can't get it ....he wants to know if it's kosher to ask for the money back

I say no

But then again I'd be in the receiving end of this situation so I'd just wait and find another bag I had to have
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    MsSouthern wrote: »
    Why is everyone so extra ?

He isn't sharing a bank account and he didn't loan her the money

She asked him to buy the bag for her and he said yes.

Now that she can't get it ....he wants to know if it's kosher to ask for the money back

I say no

But then again I'd be in the receiving end of this situation so I'd just wait and find another bag I had to have
    @mssouthern why dont u just give the cheese back until u find that must have purse again?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if you have to think about asking for it back...then you already starting off bad.
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    How much money?

What she tryn buy?

lets say 2,500 for some limited edition purse

if she your girl an she can ask for that much an you give it to her.....
    whos the real issue with you or her?

only my wife get things like that. and my fiance got things like that. my girl got dooney an burke. its all about progression.

this aint bout me personally fam u know im a broke ? lol. my ? and I were debating this earlier.....but the point is she has a million purses therefore its not a necessity right so if she cant find the purse that she wanted the money should be returned or not?

? you aint broke.
    but ....why give her the money then. if he bought the purse its gone.....since she didnt....it should still be gone.
    it dont matter how many she has...the money was still given.
    if the dude aint have it like that....then why give it up?
    if he does have it like that...then why ask for it back?
    if anything the ? needs to make some calls to find the purse or buy it on backorder so wen it first comes oiut she gets it.

maybe its just me......but just handing money is only part of the package deal with me. if i know she really wants it...my baby gets it.

? be kinda balling. be half assin they relationship. i think the bag would mean more to her if the ? put in the leg work rather than being a ? passing out tips...cuz thats what it sounds like he did to me.

an before any of you ? say it aint that serious.....why you in here?

we having grown man speak right now

But the issue is that it was for a specific thing....had she just asked my Mans for the cheese....or to just but a purse that d be cool
    ..but she asked for money for a specific purse which is no longer available for purchase...what say u

Maybe her giving him the reason was so he wont question her why like she a kid.
    But is she still got the money...he can ask her what she plans to do with the loot now .
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    ? is funny how ? be sharing bank accounts with their girl

I wouldn't share a bank acct with my own momma ? dat :(

Only sharing with wifey...an that's only one account.

With limits
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options

With limits

^^^still sucka ?

u can have a joint acct with wifey but u better not put 1 dollar in it unless u like being a financial cuckold :(
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options

With limits

^^^still sucka ?

u can have a joint acct with wifey but u better not put 1 dollar in it unless u like being a financial cuckold
    :(

how u figure?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options

nah she just wanted him to pay for it...she s more than good financially

I know a couple where the wife got a good job so does hubby but she spends/borrows all his money bumping up her bank account.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Shared account for household expenses and savings...personal accounts for buying our own ? it's really not as hard as people make it out to be...so she wouldn't even need to "ask' me for some ? like this...she would just spend her own damn money.
  • blakfyahking
    Options

With limits

^^^still sucka ?

u can have a joint acct with wifey but u better not put 1 dollar in it unless u like being a financial cuckold

how u figure?

how u don't figure? haha

u telling the hardworking youth it's a good idea to let a chick spend what u earned off ur labor?
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2500 on a purse?....

I’m losing out here b.....
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options

With limits

^^^still sucka ?

how u figure?

how u don't figure? haha

u telling the hardworking youth it's a good idea to let a chick spend what u earned off ur labor?

unless u wholeheartedly trust ur mate, how is the relationship ever gonna work....
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I give her money for that specific purse, and they don't have it, then yep gone give me my money back and hopefully I'm in a giving mood when the purse is available again.

I wouldn't contribute anything to a purse that cost that much in the first place, though. She'd have to get that on her own
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no

But ? sharing an account my favorite uncle got finessed like that

@CashmoneyDux share that story.....

Man so my uncle married this chick that everyone either hated from the jump or got to hate her. So they get married and ? cool for a while but then she decided to stop working. My uncle wasn't cool with it, but he allowed it bc he had enough money atm to support the lifestyle.

Soon enough he ran out of money and guess what? Divorce. Guess Who's broke in the situation?

That ?
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Off top, it sounds like you got scammed and your money is going to someone else.

If not....you're still being taken advantage of.

The first L in your situation is she don't think enough OF YOU to give it back without YOU asking....

There is only a few ways she could have rationalized keeping it when it was for a specific purpose but acting like it was a general gift...
    1. "That's my man, so it shouldn't matter to him"
    2. "? it...if he don't say nothing I won't say nothing"
    3. "I deserved it anyway"
    4. "I know he got money, it shouldn't matter to him"
    5. "This money in my hand is cool, they didn't have what he gave me the money for, but whatever else comes up it shouldn't matter to him either...I mean he gave it to me (as opposed to he gave it to me FOR a particular item)"

I don't know of any other way she could see it..

The next L is you contemplating asking for it back. What's the worst that could happen......an argument because you're standing on a principle?

What's the possible talking points..
    1. "You're cheap...so you NEED to ask for the money back. I don't like cheap." = I don't wanna give it back
    2. "Why should it matter?" = I have it in my hand and I don't wanna honor the original intent
    3. "We're together, what should it matter" = mind ?
    ....it all boils down to "why can't I have you do what I want and change my mind on the fly about what I wanted to do"

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would never be with a woman who think dropping that much on a purse is worth it
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

With limits

^^^still sucka ?

u can have a joint acct with wifey but u better not put 1 dollar in it unless u like being a financial cuckold :(

We been together like 15 yrs.
    If we share 1 Acct.....that We both put money into hows that sucka ? ?
  • blakfyahking
    Options

With limits

^^^still sucka ?

how u figure?

how u don't figure? haha

unless u wholeheartedly trust ur mate, how is the relationship ever gonna work....

I don't wholeheartedly trust my own momma.......see my 1st post in this thread again

u encouraging ? to be food out here :(
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    2500 on a purse?....

I’m losing out here b.....

No you not bruh.
    you just get there yet.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Off top, it sounds like you got scammed and your money is going to someone else.

If not....you're still being taken advantage of.

The first L in your situation is she don't think enough OF YOU to give it back without YOU asking....

There is only a few ways she could have rationalized keeping it when it was for a specific purpose but acting like it was a general gift...
    1. "That's my man, so it shouldn't matter to him"
    2. "? it...if he don't say nothing I won't say nothing"
    3. "I deserved it anyway"
    4. "I know he got money, it shouldn't matter to him"
    5. "This money in my hand is cool, they didn't have what he gave me the money for, but whatever else comes up it shouldn't matter to him either...I mean he gave it to me (as opposed to he gave it to me FOR a particular item)"

I don't know of any other way she could see it..

The next L is you contemplating asking for it back. What's the worst that could happen......an argument because you're standing on a principle?

What's the possible talking points..
    1. "You're cheap...so you NEED to ask for the money back. I don't like cheap." = I don't wanna give it back
    2. "Why should it matter?" = I have it in my have and I don't wanna honor the original intent
    3. "We're together, what should it matter" = mind ?
    ....it all boils down to "why can't I have you do what I want and change my mind on the fly about what I wanted to do"

Good point.
    Very solid stance
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    she gone have to give that money back. ? that....if she dont then were going to peoples court
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? yeah i do. If she spent it on something else then i challenge her to a fight
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    no

But ? sharing an account my favorite uncle got finessed like that

@CashmoneyDux share that story.....

Man so my uncle married this chick that everyone either hated from the jump or got to hate her. So they get married and ? cool for a while but then she decided to stop working. My uncle wasn't cool with it, but he allowed it bc he had enough money atm to support the lifestyle.

Soon enough he ran out of money and guess what? Divorce. Guess Who's broke in the situation?

That ?

He need her ass beat?