Do you ask for your money back?

Options
13»

Comments

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Off top, it sounds like you got scammed and your money is going to someone else.

If not....you're still being taken advantage of.

The first L in your situation is she don't think enough OF YOU to give it back without YOU asking....

There is only a few ways she could have rationalized keeping it when it was for a specific purpose but acting like it was a general gift...
    1. "That's my man, so it shouldn't matter to him"
    2. "? it...if he don't say nothing I won't say nothing"
    3. "I deserved it anyway"
    4. "I know he got money, it shouldn't matter to him"
    5. "This money in my hand is cool, they didn't have what he gave me the money for, but whatever else comes up it shouldn't matter to him either...I mean he gave it to me (as opposed to he gave it to me FOR a particular item)"

I don't know of any other way she could see it..

The next L is you contemplating asking for it back. What's the worst that could happen......an argument because you're standing on a principle?

What's the possible talking points..
    1. "You're cheap...so you NEED to ask for the money back. I don't like cheap." = I don't wanna give it back
    2. "Why should it matter?" = I have it in my hand and I don't wanna honor the original intent
    3. "We're together, what should it matter" = mind ?
    ....it all boils down to "why can't I have you do what I want and change my mind on the fly about what I wanted to do"

actually she bought my mans something dope as ? i aint gonna lie so he asked if there was anything she wanted...and here we are
  • DoubleShotHelix
    DoubleShotHelix Members Posts: 500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If my girl ask to borrow money for an expensive ass purse that means she ain't got enough money to put in said purse to justify her owning it.

So I'm going to look at her like she's stupid until she asks what so I can say ? NO

nah she just wanted him to pay for it...she s more than good financially

Sucka ?

I wish my middle class ass would spend 2500 on a purse
    ... Why the ? do purses cost so much anyway?
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its crazy how people are typing paragraphs about what type of person she is and they never seen or talked to the ? .

I swear some of yall are worse than ? .

Its like yo answer the question, will you ask for the money back and why or why not and keep it moving.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    If my girl ask to borrow money for an expensive ass purse that means she ain't got enough money to put in said purse to justify her owning it.

So I'm going to look at her like she's stupid until she asks what so I can say ? NO

nah she just wanted him to pay for it...she s more than good financially

Sucka ?

I wish my middle class ass would spend 2500 on a purse
    ... Why the ? do purses cost so much anyway?

saw my mans buy his wife some rare Birkin bag...15K
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Off top, it sounds like you got scammed and your money is going to someone else.

The first L in your situation is she don't think enough OF YOU to give it back without YOU asking....

There is only a few ways she could have rationalized keeping it when it was for a specific purpose but acting like it was a general gift...
    5. "This money in my hand is cool, they didn't have what he gave me the money for, but whatever else comes up it shouldn't matter to him either...I mean he gave it to me (as opposed to he gave it to me FOR a particular item)"

The next L is you contemplating asking for it back. What's the worst that could happen......an argument because you're standing on a principle?

1. "You're cheap...so you NEED to ask for the money back. I don't like cheap." = I don't wanna give it back
    2. "Why should it matter?" = I have it in my hand and I don't wanna honor the original intent
    ....it all boils down to "why can't I have you do what I want and change my mind on the fly about what I wanted to do"

actually she bought my mans something dope as ? i aint gonna lie so he asked if there was anything she wanted...and here we are

So exchanging services?
    Did he buy himself something?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options

So exchanging services?
    Did he buy himself something?

naw she a good woman tho if she sees oor finds something she thinks he likes she cops it for him...and he returns the favor...so recently she copped him some ? she knew he wanted surprised him with it..so he was like, is there anything u d want and here we are
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Maybe we need to know what kinda salary this comes from.

I think I see this different than others.

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Options

thats gonna open a different convo lol whats good with them dates tho? ill pm u
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

thats gonna open a different convo lol whats good with them dates tho? ill pm u

I think its important .
    A wendys salary an $2500 is tax return money....the whole ?
    A ? making like $120k a year with low expenses...that ain't ? .

So we have different outlooks depending on income.

An I'm on my way to the States in a few for work. So ill have them soon.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    ? ask me to pay for ? expecting me to forget, but i will hit you up and tell you to keep it real with me; if you go beyond the time you said you would pay me back.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    ? ask me to pay for ? expecting me to forget, but i will hit you up and tell you to keep it real with me; if you go beyond the time you said you would pay me back.

if it s my ppls i dont even trip pay me back when u can..unless u gave me a date when i can expect my money thats when i be on it...cuz at that point its a matter of principles
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    Its crazy how people are typing paragraphs about what type of person she is and they never seen or talked to the ? .

I swear some of yall are worse than ? .

Its like yo answer the question, will you ask for the money back and why or why not and keep it moving.

A lot of ? exhibit the very traits they claim to hate see in women all the time
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    Cinco wrote: »
    That $ Gone. Soon as it left your hands.
    Back in '07 i gave a ? $ she was supposed to get a rental car to come visit me. Well her fam got sick she didn't end up coming. I asked her what about the $ she said it went to bills and other stuff. Learned my lesson

@Cinco u seen her again?
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    MsSouthern wrote: »
    Why is everyone so extra ?

He isn't sharing a bank account and he didn't loan her the money

She asked him to buy the bag for her and he said yes.

Now that she can't get it ....he wants to know if it's kosher to ask for the money back

I say no

But then again I'd be in the receiving end of this situation so I'd just wait and find another bag I had to have
    @mssouthern why dont u just give the cheese back until u find that must have purse again?

I'm sure I could find something almost as nice the same day lol
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Cinco wrote: »
    That $ Gone. Soon as it left your hands.
    Back in '07 i gave a ? $ she was supposed to get a rental car to come visit me. Well her fam got sick she didn't end up coming. I asked her what about the $ she said it went to bills and other stuff. Learned my lesson

@Cinco u seen her again?

N.O. chic so yea I ran into her when went back home. Never saw the $ again P.o.P and that azz
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    If my wife asks me money for something I just give it to her. I usually forget about what she wanted to buy anyway so if she didn’t buy it I wouldn’t even care. So no I wouldn’t ask for it back.
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would question why shes my girl
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    these hoes running game like that. I dodge and curve a gold digger any day.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    You would've been better off trying to buy whatever it is yourself, cause that ? is as good as gone if you put the cash in her hand either way. Make better choices with your money, ? .