Official 2017-2018 NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Nice to see Gordon taking the next step, magic need a franchise player badly and most of the 2014 draft class been underwhelming as hell he's one of the few in the top 10 with star potential

The 2014 class was solid imo.

potential star

Embid
    Jokic

Potential all star

Wiggins
    Parker
    Gordon
    Nurkic
    Saric

Starter/Role player

G.Harris
    Smart
    Payton
    Warren
    Hood
    Capela
    Clarkson

Above average draft. I'd give this class a B+
    still early tho.

Lol u remember how hype that draft class was. "Best since 03" they even got a mention in that 84 draft doc on nbatv. They haven't lived up to the hype especially the lotto picks
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Towns is like lillard to me puts up stats and that's it

If you watch lillard he gets numbers and makes plays but his defense trash and he don't do nothin to consistently impact the game besides score.towns real similar
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The agent for Philadelphia 76ers guard Markelle Fultz changed his explanation Tuesday night on the treatment the No. 1 overall pick has received on his right shoulder, revising his earlier statement that fluid was drained from it during the preseason.

"He had a cortisone shot on Oct. 5, which means fluid was put into his shoulder -- not taken out," agent Raymond Brothers told ESPN on Tuesday night. "My intention earlier was to let people know that he's been experiencing discomfort. We will continue to work with (Sixers general manager) Bryan Colangelo and the medical staff."
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Towns is like lillard to me puts up stats and that's it

If you watch lillard he gets numbers and makes plays but his defense trash and he don't do nothin to consistently impact the game besides score.towns real similar

Makes no sense for Towns to be as bad defensively as he is
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Excerpt from a book how Anthony Bennett became the #1 pick and how trash he was

"Bennett purchased a home in Independence, not far from the Cavs’ facility so he would be close. But it didn’t take long for team officials to begin questioning his work ethic, and it soon became clear Bennett couldn’t play either forward position. He started out as a rookie behind Tristan Thompson, Anderson Varejao, and free agent pickup Andrew Bynum. He never passed any of them. He showed up to his first training camp overweight by at least fifteen pounds and out of shape. When he appeared in the team’s intrasquad scrimmage on the campus of Baldwin Wallace University in early October, Bennett was gassed after only a couple of trips up and down the floor. The questions about his conditioning started early and never really went away."

https://theathletic.com/135466/2017/10/24/the-blueprint-how-anthony-bennett-became-the-no-1-pick-of-the-2013-nba-draft/
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nice to see Gordon taking the next step, magic need a franchise player badly and most of the 2014 draft class been underwhelming as hell he's one of the few in the top 10 with star potential

The 2014 class was solid imo.

potential star

Embid
    Jokic

Potential all star

Wiggins
    Parker
    Gordon
    Nurkic
    Saric

Starter/Role player

G.Harris
    Smart
    Payton
    Warren
    Hood
    Capela
    Clarkson

Above average draft. I'd give this class a B+
    still early tho.

Lol u remember how hype that draft class was. "Best since 03" they even got a mention in that 84 draft doc on nbatv. They haven't lived up to the hype especially the lotto picks

Yea it was over hyped but that doesn't exactly make it a flop. I like what I've seen so far still real early tho
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @beta who gonna start for the heat tonight if dragic and waiters are out? Serious question.
  • Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate how people keep trying to shut Lavar up. The dumbest thing is how people think this somehow makes life in the NBA harder for Lonzo and all of these ? like John Wall and Pat Beverly are corny as ? . They look like fake ass bullies. Why are they all running to social media giddy as ? about what they're gonna do to him on the court? Just shut the ? up and do it.

Lonzo is averaging damn near a triple double. NBA players are arrogant as ? every single night but these ? putting more energy going at a players father. ? is sad when you think about it. Lavar ain't saying nothing that any other players father says in private. The fact that he's in front of a camera shouldn't make a difference. I swear America loves to silence ? when they get a platform.
  • Beta
    edited October 2017
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    @beta who gonna start for the heat tonight if dragic and waiters are out? Serious question.

Dragic is playing. If waiters doesn't play I would assume Wayne Ellington
  • Beta
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Los216 wrote: »
    I hate how people keep trying to shut Lavar up. The dumbest thing is how people think this somehow makes life in the NBA harder for Lonzo and all of these ? like John Wall and Pat Beverly are corny as ? . They look like fake ass bullies. Why are they all running to social media giddy as ? about what they're gonna do to him on the court? Just shut the ? up and do it.

Lonzo is averaging damn near a triple double. NBA players are arrogant as ? every single night but these ? putting more energy going at a players father. ? is sad when you think about it. Lavar ain't saying nothing that any other players father says in private. The fact that he's in front of a camera shouldn't make a difference. I swear America loves to silence ? when they get a platform.

What wall say?

I know what gortat said about lonzo and wall and how scott Brooks said he wishes he had his father growing up that's around like lavar

But what wall say? I must've missed that
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Excerpt from a book how Anthony Bennett became the #1 pick and how trash he was

"Bennett purchased a home in Independence, not far from the Cavs’ facility so he would be close. But it didn’t take long for team officials to begin questioning his work ethic, and it soon became clear Bennett couldn’t play either forward position. He started out as a rookie behind Tristan Thompson, Anderson Varejao, and free agent pickup Andrew Bynum. He never passed any of them. He showed up to his first training camp overweight by at least fifteen pounds and out of shape. When he appeared in the team’s intrasquad scrimmage on the campus of Baldwin Wallace University in early October, Bennett was gassed after only a couple of trips up and down the floor. The questions about his conditioning started early and never really went away."

https://theathletic.com/135466/2017/10/24/the-blueprint-how-anthony-bennett-became-the-no-1-pick-of-the-2013-nba-draft/

Lol at not passing Bynum
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options

Lavar ball said he could beat jordan one on one,his son is better than 2x mvp curry and that lonzo would lead the lakers to the playoffs(lol)

It's obvious lavar is using the media to promote that generic platinum fubu brand.More power to him but he's writing checks hat his son has to cash

Wall a lame who stay insecure nobody gives a ? about that brickin ass ? , just cut off all driving lanes and get back in transition and wall = useless
  • Beta
    Options
    Ex-NBA star Ben Gordon was sending threatening videos to people in the days before a violent standoff with a woman in his NY gym … TMZ Sports has learned. FYI, Gordon was hospitalized for psychiatric evaluation over the weekend after cops responded to his business, Of Our Own — a sports rehab and recovery center.

This is the guy you ? go down memory lane over constantly
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is lonzo ball even wesrimg the zo2
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ex-NBA star Ben Gordon was sending threatening videos to people in the days before a violent standoff with a woman in his NY gym … TMZ Sports has learned. FYI, Gordon was hospitalized for psychiatric evaluation over the weekend after cops responded to his business, Of Our Own — a sports rehab and recovery center.

But that 09 playoff series vs the Celtics is the best playoff series ever! It was epic
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

But that 09 playoff series vs the Celtics is the best playoff series ever! It was epic

What does that have to do with anything?
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options

Lavar ball said he could beat jordan one on one,his son is better than 2x mvp curry and that lonzo would lead the lakers to the playoffs(lol)

It's obvious lavar is using the media to promote that generic platinum fubu brand.More power to him but he's writing checks hat his son has to cash

Wall a lame who stay insecure nobody gives a ? about that brickin ass ? , just cut off all driving lanes and get back in transition and wall = useless

The estrogen is just oozing through the pixels on my phone. Jeez.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited October 2017
    Options

He bein passive aggresive cuz I be trollin their dumb ? .That's why that try hard randomly postin ben gordon off court news in 2017 like ANYBODY cares.

"Cheap seats the best place to talk basketball"
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I don’t even see the point of sarcasm right there, who cares what’s going on in Gordon’s life now? How does it correlate to that series in 09? Was that series not epic?

I duno ? ass Beta found it funny so good job
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He bein passive aggresive cuz I be trollin their dumb ? .That's why that try hard randomly postin ben gordon off court news in 2017 like ANYBODY cares.

"Cheap seats the best place to talk basketball"

Smfh. I wasn’t even being sarcastic! I did enjoy that bulls/celtics series in 2009. Best playoff series I’ve ever seen. Ben Gordon played great in that series. He hit some big shots. Shane what’s happen to him though
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What does one have to do with the other?
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I swear the bulls just tried to throw a pass to quincy pondexter in the post

FOH

wait...this ? actually played??

? spent two years on the bench in NOLA, but suiting up by game 4 for the bulls
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    I swear the bulls just tried to throw a pass to quincy pondexter in the post

FOH

wait...this ? actually played??

? spent two years on the bench in NOLA, but suiting up by game 4 for the bulls

He was injured.He had the knee injury then staph infection,he damn near died he just got cleared to play ball a few months ago.

That being said he's just another roster spot but a good vet for all these young players
  • Beta
    Options
    Lol lot of posts over one post about what's going on with Ben Gordon

? is wrong with y'all?