Official 2017-2018 NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That whiteboy C on the raptors poteyl is a better defensive player than valicounous get valunicous outta there trade him

Duke does all the little things jv doesn't(he single handedly drags the raptors defense down)boxes out,contests shots,switches on wings/guards,blocks shots bet money if he started over jv raptors overall will be better.

I noticed that too. The raptors had a whole different feel everytime Poetl got in. He was grabbing offensice board, keeping plays above. Ibaka garbage defensively now too, so they need a defensive rebounding center.

Yesterday was the first time I really watched Poetl, but dude just seemed like he had a feel for the game and was always in the right position offensively and defensively. He always knew how to move the bigs that were gaurding him away and create space for the wing to operate with the ball depending on which side the ball was in.

He was always in the right place on offense too but the Raptors wings dont know how to get the ball in the post.

I dont want to over react cause it was my first time watching him and he mighta just had a great game but I was impressed with what I saw.
  • AZTG
    Options
    Ben simmons be passin to a player with 3 seconds on the shot clock to throw up prayers that be brickin

that's that rondo ? I be talkin about.Simmons jagged that game last night cuz he kept doing that

I don't remember embiid getting the the rock the last 2-3 mins.

Embiid need to play under control he almost broke his neck,landin on players like he jumpin off turnbuckles

Im gonna give Simmons the benefit of the doubt and blame it on inexperience, but he ? up that last drive. I feel like he wanted to be the star and make that last shot to get the sixers up by 4. My dude dribbled for 20 seconds but the Rockets kept closing every lane to the post and then he gave the ball to Bayless like 4 feet away from the 3 point line and 4 seconds to go and forced Bayless to try a wreckless drive.

I saw Bayless looking at Simmons after that like he wanted to steal on him.

Cant put teammates in bad positions like that cause you wanna dribble the ball looking for a driving lane.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Simmoms got that triple double versus us cuz Anthony tolliver was guarfing him. Idk what Stan Van Gundy was thinking.

I can score on Tolliver
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    ? _Caesar wrote: »
    MR.CJ wrote: »

That man love his son yo. ESPN are haters

Haters how? they've been giving him a platform for 8-9 months, espn just had duke on sportscenter after a game

what other nba players pops have been on multiple espn shows(several times) and sportscenter?

Okafor dad had a hot 2 days lol

LOL Chuck a cool dude, he mellow as hell. Been knowing him a long time, saw him a few weeks ago. He the B-Ball coach @ Whitney Young
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    John Wall needs to reevaluate what his goals are for this season. Its only 4 games but this ? is trippin with how he playing.

Almost forgot.... FIRE ERNIE GRUNFELD
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    John Wall needs to reevaluate what his goals are for this season. Its only 4 games but this ? is trippin with how he playing.

Almost forgot.... FIRE ERNIE GRUNFELD

What are his goals

23 points and 10 assists through 4 games is trippin? Only thing I see is his shot ain't falling right now and maybe not trusting his teammates enough down the stretch because he plays hero ball a bit
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    Think I'm going to watch more Bucks games this year just to see what the Greek is liable to do.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Noel is not starting or averaging 20 mins a game and still puttin up 9 ppg 7 rpg 1.4 steals 1.2 blocks

Don't know what dallas doin wit noel,he's an ufa next summer
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It will be an honor for my Cavs to play the BBB'd up Lakers in the Finals.
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    Hey @BlackAX410 you can agree but I didn't need the reaction cause your agreement isn't coming from a good hearted place. LLS!
    QL45Q_s-200x150.gif
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    It's unbelievable how the Brooklyn Nets beat the Cave by five points. They seriously suck as a team with no stand out player other than Jeremy Lin; no shade!

• IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's unbelievable how the Brooklyn Nets beat the Cave by five points. They seriously suck as a team with no stand out player other than Jeremy Lin; no shade!
    I’m dead at no shade but prior saying we seriously suck.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

they beat the Cave huh?

• ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    since he was fired sam mitchell been on nbatv wearing those hoop earrings and grinning ear to ear while watching the twolves get smoked multiple times a week

adjusting to new teammates is one thing

lacking any effort or pride in what you do is a whole other thing

towns
    wiggins
    teague

seem like they dont give a ? if they get torched on defense as long as they get their shots on the other end — like itd be one thing if the twolves lost these last 2 games because their shots just werent falling or were still trying to work out the chemistry but to lose because of effort?

discouraging

look at this

its amazing that jimmy (who is having a down year if youre just looking at his numbers) has made a team that is this bad look decent the first 3 games
  • ckfree
    Options
    all 10 pelicans fans gonna boo josh smith when he look like he bout to shoot
  • Beta
    Options
    Told ? to bring Sam Mitchell back...
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »

you could've posted this under your real account Beta
  • Beta
    Options
    Oh my fault I forgot to switch
  • ckfree
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    ckfree wrote: »

you could've posted this under your real account Beta

beta?!?!?!?!?

WHOA

WHOA

WHOA

lets not say things we cant take back
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The T wolves need to take thibs pres of bball operations title away asap(they won't cuz the owner hasn't peeped game yet)

Get a experienced fo cats in there & let thibs just coach

He's gonna end up doc 2.0 doesn't help that he doesn't understand or use analytics like that either
  • AZTG
    Options
    Is it me or has most days sucked so far this seasons games wise.

Is this cause they started the season earlier and spread gamea apart?

Or is it just me?
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The T wolves need to take thibs pres of bball operations title away asap(they won't cuz the owner hasn't peeped game yet)

Get a experienced fo cats in there & let thibs just coach

He's gonna end up doc 2.0 doesn't help that he doesn't understand or use analytics like that either

Thibs shouldn't be a HC anyways. Just a defensive coordinator
  • Beta
    Options
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah i wouldn’t say the games suck but following my team is worse now. It feels like they barely play.