Could METHOD MAN drop a CLASSIC right now?

Options
2»

Comments

• CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've said it before I'd love these 90s to just make music they think is dope, holla at them 90s producers who are still active and can make modern soundin' ? (No ID, Mathematics for Wu etc)
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No, but..
    SERMON GAVE ? ALOT OF HEAT ON 4:21
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've said it before I'd love these 90s to just make music they think is dope, holla at them 90s producers who are still active and can make modern soundin' ? (No ID, Mathematics for Wu etc)

A whole ? album done by No ID could be dope. A whole Red & ? album by No ID could be a classic.

• *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No, but..
    Yeah, I agree with No I.D producing a ? album, but I'm a little leary about Eric Sermon. Realistically he's not a wack producer, it's just that he doesn't stand out amongst his generation of peerrs. I think most of you are listing him because of his afflication to Redman.
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, but..
    If Time is Money
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, but..
    5 Grand wrote: »
    He needs to get super producers like Dr Dre, DJ Premiere, Just Blaze, Timbaland and whoever else is a top tier producers.

Also, he could have some trap style beats but I'd want to hear him rapping over sped up soul samples with Boom Bap drumbeats.

He went that route on Tical 0 and we saw what happened with that. There were dope songs that were supposed to be on that album but didn't make it because Puffy was the executive producer. If anything, this Wu-Tang (Clan) album is showing us that ? still has the bars (if anyone was questioning).

What ? needs to do is stick to the producers that know his style and can craft beats around it the best. IMO, that would be RZA, Mathematics, 4th Disciple and maybe Erick Sermon. He most definitely needs to keep the guest appearances down to a minimum (unless they're Clan member features).

True Master too
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, but..
    Yeah, I agree with No I.D producing a ? album, but I'm a little leary about Eric Sermon. Realistically he's not a wack producer, it's just that he doesn't stand out amongst his generation of peerrs. I think most of you are listing him because of his afflication to Redman.

"affli"-wha?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, but..
    Oh and LOL @ EPMD having 3 of the most influential rap albums of all time production wise but E Dub doesn't stand out from his peers?
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No, but..
    Broddie wrote: »

"affli"-wha?

Typo.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, but..
    If he lock in with a 9th wonder, static etc yeah
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Yes, but..
    I think it would have to be a Red & ? duo album.

I think he resonates more with the people and his music overall is better with a group be it a whole Wu Tang album or a ? & Red album. Even though he always been nice wit bars I'm not sure a ? solo album goes as far with people. He just one of them type of rap guys that enhances a group situation better. That's the way he seem to be part of classics.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    What's a classic considering the climate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LfJnj66HVQ

This ? go!!!

Btw threads like this is kinda depressing. On some "remember the glory years?" Old head ? .

But to answer the question I think Method could drop a classic, but only considerable to a older crowd. Unless he take the 2 Chainz route and find a way to stay relevant to rekindle and reintroduce hisself.

• trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If he sticks to one producer, one or two guest appearances, 10 or 12 tracks yea why not..
  • lordstanley
    lordstanley Members Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? n solo albums don't mix yall
  • lordstanley
    lordstanley Members Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Besides tical, but that's from the era where every wu solo album was classic or close to it
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No, but..
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    I think it would have to be a Red & ? duo album.

I think he resonates more with the people and his music overall is better with a group be it a whole Wu Tang album or a ? & Red album. Even though he always been nice wit bars I'm not sure a ? solo album goes as far with people. He just one of them type of rap guys that enhances a group situation better. That's the way he seem to be part of classics.

C/S...THIS APPLIES TO JADAKISS & INSPECTAH DECK AS WELL.
  • 90's Era
    90's Era Members Posts: 52 ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, but..
    Im all honesty he is better now then back then..imo

I find myself saying this everytime I hear new ? from him..so I think he can with the right team of producers obviously.

Crazy thing is he wasn't the best or top 3 in the Wu but his solo joint was the biggest song and put them on the map..and that made him the most popular member.I think those things played a part in his solo albums being underwhelming.He could never meet the expectations hip hop heads had for him..
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, but..
    90's Era wrote: »
    Im all honesty he is better now then back then..imo

I find myself saying this everytime I hear new ? from him..so I think he can with the right team of producers obviously.

Crazy thing is he wasn't the best or top 3 in the Wu but his solo joint was the biggest song and put them on the map..and that made him the most popular member.I think those things played a part in his solo albums being underwhelming.He could never meet the expectations hip hop heads had for him..

? shined the brightest on 36 Chambers. Everybody was expecting him to drop a classic but Tical didn't live up to expectations. Only Built For Cuban Linx was the best album out of the first run of solo albums with Liquid Swords and Ironman being second and third respectively.