Comments

• ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    for all their talents

bball iq is clearly not a strength for towns or wiggins

not pretty basketball to watch with them

even when it is effective

they are entering their third year together and they still cant figure out some type of chemistry together

they showed a stat on the telecast last night that so far this season they played something like 240 possessions together

towns assisted wiggins 3 times

wiggins assisted towns 4 times

they just dont seem capable of making the players around them better

ricky rubio might not have been the best fit on this team but these losses re emphasize that he was doing a lot of thinking for those two guys

they need jimmy back badly
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    The T wolves need to take thibs pres of bball operations title away asap(they won't cuz the owner hasn't peeped game yet)

Get a experienced fo cats in there & let thibs just coach

He's gonna end up doc 2.0 doesn't help that he doesn't understand or use analytics like that either

Thibs shouldn't be a HC anyways. Just a defensive coordinator

Ehhh jury still out on that
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    Nah i wouldn’t say the games suck but following my team is worse now. It feels like they barely play.

That might be it
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i got a thibs hot take

but

im gonna let it simmer for a minute before i serve it
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    Nah i wouldn’t say the games suck but following my team is worse now. It feels like they barely play.

What you mean

Oh nvm
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Only thing that sucks is the wearing home jerseys on the road non sense they doin this season

They did it before but for a handful of games now it's here on regular basis.That's my only complaint

definitely not watching the pelicans vs kings tonight either foh wit that wack match up I'm watchin clippers vs blazers
  • NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    That whiteboy C on the raptors poteyl is a better defensive player than valicounous get valunicous outta there trade him

Duke does all the little things jv doesn't(he single handedly drags the raptors defense down)boxes out,contests shots,switches on wings/guards,blocks shots bet money if he started over jv raptors overall will be better.

dont know if i can agree with you on this just yet hes still learning the game. i do like him though and how he played vs gs he was great with his switching. JV gotta look at him and realize hes coming for his spot
  • Beta
    Options
    Only thing that sucks is the wearing home jerseys on the road non sense they doin this season

They did it before but for a handful of games now it's here on regular basis.That's my only complaint

definitely not watching the pelicans vs kings tonight either foh wit that wack match up I'm watchin clippers vs blazers

Yeah I was wondering why they would put that wack ? on but it's the obligatory come back home game which has lost its luster over the years. But I get it so I'm not mad

I think I seen two pelicans games this season out of respect for cousins and to laugh when they lose but I think I hit my quota
  • NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hopefully bucks/celtics dont disappoint tonight cuz the rest of these games are trash
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited October 2017
    Options
    That whiteboy C on the raptors poteyl is a better defensive player than valicounous get valunicous outta there trade him

Duke does all the little things jv doesn't(he single handedly drags the raptors defense down)boxes out,contests shots,switches on wings/guards,blocks shots bet money if he started over jv raptors overall will be better.

dont know if i can agree with you on this just yet hes still learning the game. i do like him though and how he played vs gs he was great with his switching. JV gotta look at him and realize hes coming for his spot

he's a better defender than jv + a good rebounder, Of course he's not gonna start over jv cuz they got more dough invested in him and he's more skilled offensively

wit ibaka slowly declining defensively for years poetel would stabilize their defense better than jv ever could

I just googled this, this from march 2017
    Toronto’s other centres, Jonas Valanciunas and Lucas Nogueira, are prone to gaffes on the defensive end, particularly when it comes to pick-and-roll defense. Navigating the balancing act of showing out to the perimeter and flashing back to tag a rolling big man doesn’t come easily to them. In the case of Valanciunas, a low-IQ combined with a hard-to-move body leads to constant breakdowns against the league’s most prominent base set.

Poeltl already has a grasp of the beats and timing of defending in the half court, and he’s helped by being fleeter of foot than any of the Raptors’ other centres. With that marriage of intelligence and speed, Poeltl managed to pull off a rare feat as a rookie. He was a plus on defense.

Over 54 games and 600+ minutes, the Raptors posted a terrific 101.5 defensive rating with Poeltl on the court — a mark that got four points worse per 100 possessions when he sat.

My observation was off the eye test from how he played vs the spurs and warriors.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    Is it me or has most days sucked so far this seasons games wise.

Is this cause they started the season earlier and spread gamea apart?

Or is it just me?
    Lots of player movement so chemistry is off with some teams. Officiating has been terrible. Lots of ticky tack ? calls ? up the natural flow of the game. It will get better as the season progresses
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options

According to the report, Phoenix would likely accept a return for Bledsoe that includes Brogdon, and either 26-year-old forward John Henson or one-time Suns sharpshooter Mirza Teletovic.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The T wolves need to take thibs pres of bball operations title away asap(they won't cuz the owner hasn't peeped game yet)

He's gonna end up doc 2.0 doesn't help that he doesn't understand or use analytics like that either

remember how he jagged that game vs the cavs by playing his starters damn near the whole game then the cavs came back cuz the bulls were tired in the 4th and lebron hit the game winning three.

you've seen tib time and time again not make adjustments
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited October 2017
    Options

remember how he jagged that game vs the cavs by playing his starters damn near the whole game then the cavs came back cuz the bulls were tired in the 4th and lebron hit the game winning three.

you've seen tib time and time again not make adjustments

Yea and he played noah & hinrich way too much that series.

Draymond green had a career high vs the bulls that season(look it up at the warriors game at chi) cuz thibs refused to adjust.He had noah tryna guard him on the perimeter that was one of the worst games I ever watched thibs coach.

I say the jury still out cuz I have to see how he does wit the t wolves when they get chemistry,even tho I think 5 seed is their ceiling 6-8 seed is where they'll finish.He traded for jimmy for a reason he's always been thibs security blanket,these last 2 games proves that.
  • Beta
    Options
    What the bucks playing on tonight

cqr2lqrn2309.jpg
    tmwh72rber5k.jpg
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Josh Smith though?
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

According to the report, Phoenix would likely accept a return for Bledsoe that includes Brogdon, and either 26-year-old forward John Henson or one-time Suns sharpshooter Mirza Teletovic.

No word on the Bucks declining? Is this in the works? Teletovic is of no use I definitely wouldn’t give up Henson if I’m the Bucks
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like the way the schedule is seems like more games on Tuesdays and Thursdays(free bg) so far
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options

No word on the Bucks declining? Is this in the works? Teletovic is of no use I definitely wouldn’t give up Henson if I’m the Bucks

Nah I haven't seen/heard nothin else

henson is of no use he's more expendable cuz they got maker.Teletovic a shooter for them they need shooters

At1st I was like I don't know about this trade cuz brogdon a good fit but the bucks could use another playmaker/scorer so greek freak don't have to do everything.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

cqr2lqrn2309.jpg
    tmwh72rber5k.jpg

lol Kyrie scared to play on it
    ot7xcl7wmj5a.jpg

Maybe it's not "flat" enough.

• southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Small sample size but Jokic and Milsap haven't been good on the court together so far, they've actually been better with Jokic and Faried
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

cqr2lqrn2309.jpg
    tmwh72rber5k.jpg

lol Kyrie scared to play on it
    ot7xcl7wmj5a.jpg

Thats that Elizabeth New Jersey education