Official 2017 College Football Thread

Options

Comments

• d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I like Harbaugh but UM is paying him $9 million and he hasn't even won the division yet.
    And with Meyer and Franks rolling, not sure when that may happen.

Zona basketball coach should make more than Rich Rod but football pays the bills I guess.
  • pachá12
    pachá12 Members Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seven of the 9 suspended players(Including Antonio Callaway and Jordan Scarlett) for credit card fraud receive pre-trial intervention, of the follow the orders of the court, felony cases could be dropped.

Kadeem Telfort and Jordan Smith are SOL...

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-football-credit-card-pre-trial-intervention
  • d.green
    edited October 2017
    Options
    7 of the 9 suspended Florida Gators players received 12 month diversion periods.
    Callaway, Scarlett and Wells will have mandatory drug testing as part of their agreements.
    Because of previous incidents, Randy Shannon vouched for Antonio Callaway to the State Attorney.

Defensive lineman Jordan Smith and offensive lineman Kadeem Telfort were not given a pre-trial intervention agreement on Thursday.
  • pachá12
    Options
    I still think Callaway and Scarlett are going to NFL after this year.
  • d.green
    Options
    pachá12 wrote: »
    I still think Callaway and Scarlett are going to NFL after this year.

Yeah they both should go. Hate they put themselves in a position to miss at least half the season in what should've been a contract year.

Hope they can play this week (a stretch), put this behind them and have a career on the next level.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Damn

But I can’t blame any RB who decides to go to UGA
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The funny thing about UGA has always been that they always had good players at every position. But never at the same time. They always have good QB and RB but the WR corps was lacking. Or the O-line was ? . Then they would have great D-lineman and LBs but the DBs were trash.

Right now they are shaping up to having one of the best classes in the nation. The key is not to just keep recruits at home but to be able to start cherry picking. UGA has been cherry picking for years on RBs and QBs. Let see if they can do that and keep them home. Kirby Smart is jumping off well.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    The funny thing about UGA has always been that they always had good players at every position. But never at the same time. They always have good QB and RB but the WR corps was lacking. Or the O-line was ? . Then they would have great D-lineman and LBs but the DBs were trash.

Right now they are shaping up to having one of the best classes in the nation. The key is not to just keep recruits at home but to be able to start cherry picking. UGA has been cherry picking for years on RBs and QBs. Let see if they can do that and keep them home. Kirby Smart is jumping off well.

It really helps that Florida is down too.
  • pachá12
    Options
  • d.green
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Sounds like Jim McElwain may be fired or step down on Sunday or some time next week.

Seems like he has ? a lot of people off with his raggedy offense & recruiting...and now the lies about death threats from UF fans.
  • pachá12
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    Sounds like Jim McElwain may be fired or step down on Sunday or some time next week.

I didn't like the guy as HC but he ? a lot of people off with his raggedy offense and lies about death threats from UF fans.

You don't think the death threats were legit?
  • Livefromclayco
    Options

Richt got too comfortable and didn't put as much into recruiting as he used to (especially on the OL) and it showed. It looks he got it back in Miami but Kirby a whole other monster with it.
  • infamous114
    Options

Richt got too comfortable and didn't put as much into recruiting as he used to (especially on the OL) and it showed. It looks he got it back in Miami but Kirby a whole other monster with it.

Can't afford to relax with recruiting in Florida
  • d.green
    edited October 2017
    Options

I didn't like the guy as HC but he ? a lot of people off with his raggedy offense and lies about death threats from UF fans.

Nah i never bought that.

Maybe it was some kind of social media talk but to paint it as serious death threats...nah.

Zook and Muschamp didn't have that so why would this guy.

I can see Bama fans doing that (before Saban) as they were/are crazy as hell but UF fans are usually not like that.

Even UGA fans ran up on Aaron Murray's house....UF fans aren't known for things like that.

McElwain was looking for pity to deflect from his miserable offense knowing he was about to face a very challenging hurdle in UGA. Who's led by a 2nd year HC.

The UF admin pulled his card and McElwain "offered no additional info".

If all this goes down, I think UF will be looking at Frost, Mullen (hope not), Babers, Campbell @ Iowa State, Norvell @ Memphis and possibly Chip Kelly.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nah i never bought that.

Maybe it was some kind of social media talk but to paint it as serious death threats...nah.

Zook and Muschamp didn't have that so why would this guy.

I can see Bama fans doing that (before Saban) as they were/are crazy as hell but UF fans are usually not like that.

Even UGA fans ran up on Aaron Murray's house....UF fans aren't known for things like that.

McElwain was looking for pity to deflect from his miserable offense knowing he was about to face a very challenging hurdle in UGA. Who's led by a 2nd year HC.

The UF admin pulled his card and McElwain "offered no additional info".

If all this goes down, I think UF will be looking at Frost, Mullen (hope not), Babers, Campbell @ Iowa State, Norvell @ Memphis and possibly Chip Kelly.

Y'all should hire Gus malzhan
  • infamous114
    Options
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Worst Noles team in like 40 ? years. Blackman should've been redshirted this year. Had no business playing
  • infamous114
    Options
  • infamous114
    Options
    Worst Noles team in like 40 ? years. Blackman should've been redshirted this year. Had no business playing

Lol who else yall got at QB?
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol who else yall got at QB?

? throw JJ out there. We'd still be trash but Blackman needs to be sat down. It's all too much for him as a true freshman.
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    ? getting thrown in the trunk by Boston College.

Yikes