Big K.R.I.T. "4Eva Is A Mighty Long Time" (10/27)

Options

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even though I liked Cadillactica a little more than most, this album far surpasses it, both sides

Y'all must have a different version of the album than Spotify because the album on there ain't touching Cadilactica.
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even though I liked Cadillactica a little more than most, this album far surpasses it, both sides

Y'all must have a different version of the album than Spotify because the album on there ain't touching Cadilactica.

At least you like Cadillactica....I can ? with that, I liked that album too. Kreation still gets played on the regular.
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Miss Georgia Fornia cold too, with a cold ass country beat. Joi killed it.

I love how you can hear all his influences in these song. Dungeon Fam/OutKast, ugk, Ball & G, etc
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? flames! KRIT got one with this forreal
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

At least you like Cadillactica....I can ? with that, I liked that album too. Kreation still gets played on the regular.

There is probably two reasons I don't like it as much as everyone else. I may have had my expectations too high because of how much I liked Cadillactica. And I really don't like double albums. I tend to start tuning the songs out after a while.
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Havent heard Lloyds name in a decade

Random feature

Bruh bruh.... Where have u been??!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-rG6y-NKrHU

This song was everywhere!

Edit... I saw someone else post this too. lol
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »
    Subenstein is meant to be played at ignorant levels. Ima buss these factory ,speakers.

Im being conservative as hell with money,but Krit gonna have a ? searching for an old school drop and put a system in that ? .
  • AggieLean.
    Options
    Ghost313 wrote: »
    Subenstein is meant to be played at ignorant levels. Ima buss these factory ,speakers.

Im being conservative as hell with money,but Krit gonna have a ? searching for an old school drop and put a system in that ? .

I almost went on impulse and bought some skinny subs for the truck yesterday. My factories cool, but I really wanna feel that bass drop like you do with a set of subs
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggieLean. wrote: »
    Ghost313 wrote: »

I almost went on impulse and bought some skinny subs for the truck yesterday. My factories cool, but I really wanna feel that bass drop like you do with a set of subs

I feel you. Might see what I can dig up when I go back through Houston.
  • LurkdogAchilles
    LurkdogAchilles Members Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'ma need KRIT to release an instrumental version of this. I could just ride out to the production honestly
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can yall find this album in Target or Best Buy?
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can yall find this album in Target or Best Buy?

Got this one from online on Amazon but i got Cadillactica in Best Buy so im thinking they probably got it here at ours in the physical form.
  • AggieLean.
    Options
    Price of fame basically an extension of the king series
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Great album. It gets better as you go along with disc 2 being the strongest and most potent. KRIT utilises various styles and flows and touches on multiple subject matters exemplifying his range and growth as an artist. There are tracks that could be radio singles such as Subenstein, 1999 (very reminiscent of Return of 4eva's Get Right), Keep The Devil Off, Justin Scott, The Light, Aux Cord etc. Big KRIT really took a moment to analyse and present the best body of work I'd say since Return of 4eva which is not to say previous albums weren't good because they're amazing by far. There aren't many gripes with this album, the album was definitely made with the intention of repackaging himself to past and newer audiences and he nails it with his delivery. Easily one of the best new releases this year next to Joey Badass, Kendrick Lamar, J.Cole, Drake, Raekwon, Wu-Tang and others. KRIT produced the vast majority of the album and shows he's just as incredible as a lyricist as he is a producer sheesh.

I would rate this album a solid 9/10 as it is in my view KRIT'S best work on a long time easily surpassing Cadillactica. Criticisms I can think of are he doesn't really give us anything "new" in terms of sound but it's such a minor criticism because someone else may hear something totally different lyrically or sonically and have a different opinion. At the same time tho what else is there for KRIT to speak on that everyone else isn't already talking about ? LOLOL. This album brought him back to his essence - to the beginning.

9/10

Great review Sion....I agree 1999 is a hit or at least sounds like one. I like that it’s a play on Back Dat Azz up. If this one doesn’t blow up I’m not sure Krit will ever have a mainstream hit.

I’m stuck on Get Away at the moment.