Big K.R.I.T. "4Eva Is A Mighty Long Time" (10/27)

Options

Comments

• AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TonyDubbz wrote: »
    I'm right down the street from where j cole grew up not even an hour but i dont ? with his music as much as i do KRIT. His ? don't speak to me like Krizzles do.

My grandma live out that way in lumberton and cole used to always hit up my school when I was out there at A&T for shows. I like Cole’s music, but my man Krit on another level
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Got a KRIT playlist going.. Shine On has to be top 10. Now listening to Week of Krit, this whole tape was slept on smh.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    I love to see artists I been rocking with from the beginning make it and continue to put out dope music ? is beautiful

giphy.gif

This KRIT best album imo.
    Think I might like his introspection better than his ignorant ? and I LOVE ignorance lol.
    He has a way of saying ? that's relatable but equally profound. Its not a lot of artists who have mastered being that subtle yet impactful and that's what being lyrical is all about to me.

Idgaf about how many big words you can put together or how fast you can say it. What are you really saying? Can you reach somebody with your words?

I ain't promoting no violence but people out here been wilding/
    So much so you can get gunned down for just being happy and smiling

? on my line after all but I didn't pick up when He called
    Matter I didn't pick up at all cuz my bills paid now
    Said grace now lights is still on why would i pray now?

That is some real ? !

And this is what some people miss when discussing lyricism. Krit actually spoke on this in an interview he did a couple days ago. He can do all the punchlines and metaphors. That's why he made Mt. Olympus...but can you actually make people feel your music? Take the words in and have it mean something? That's an often underrated part of judging somebody's lyrical ability

This is what 2pac gets slandered for. Because people feel and relate to his music more than him being super lyrical. ? crazy.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    edited October 2017
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Exactly

That why Scarface so dope too

Music for your soul >> "lyrical miracle" rappers

I wouldnt go that far cause i listen to lyrical miracle ? more than anything but this album just has high replay value and music for everyone. Two things to consider when rating a album as a classic or not.
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Am I’m the only one that finds the “ive been basing all night long” line hilarious
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deemula420 wrote: »
    Drinking sessions damn near bring me to tears when I listen to it. You can tell bro had some ? to get off his chest. Music that touch your soul right there.

“? so ? up cuz they don’t about Christ, everybody trying to die young But who gone talk about life?”

KRIT the goat man ? who don’t like it!!!!

If you feel like that you need to listen to the vent you'll feel some type of way afterwards.

For your listening pleasure
    https://youtu.be/7xVEa0SMxFg

@banginscrew901

Oh I know all about the vent that’s actually my favorite song from him. Literally told my ol lady to shut the hell up when it played on my playlist last week!
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love to see artists I been rocking with from the beginning make it and continue to put out dope music ? is beautiful

giphy.gif

This KRIT best album imo.
    Think I might like his introspection better than his ignorant ? and I LOVE ignorance lol.
    He has a way of saying ? that's relatable but equally profound. Its not a lot of artists who have mastered being that subtle yet impactful and that's what being lyrical is all about to me.

Idgaf about how many big words you can put together or how fast you can say it. What are you really saying? Can you reach somebody with your words?

I ain't promoting no violence but people out here been wilding/
    So much so you can get gunned down for just being happy and smiling

? on my line after all but I didn't pick up when He called
    Matter I didn't pick up at all cuz my bills paid now
    Said grace now lights is still on why would i pray now?

That is some real ? !

And this is what some people miss when discussing lyricism. Krit actually spoke on this in an interview he did a couple days ago. He can do all the punchlines and metaphors. That's why he made Mt. Olympus...but can you actually make people feel your music? Take the words in and have it mean something? That's an often underrated part of judging somebody's lyrical ability

This is what 2pac gets slandered for. Because people feel and relate to his music more than him being super lyrical. ? crazy.
    yeah boosie has this effect too for street folks on a lower scale, he's just ratchet and has a high voice
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just Showin the Homie Krit some more Love, ? this ? so ? Dope.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deemula420 wrote: »
    Drinking sessions damn near bring me to tears when I listen to it. You can tell bro had some ? to get off his chest. Music that touch your soul right there.

“? so ? up cuz they don’t about Christ, everybody trying to die young But who gone talk about life?”

KRIT the goat man ? who don’t like it!!!!

If you feel like that you need to listen to the vent you'll feel some type of way afterwards.

For your listening pleasure
    https://youtu.be/7xVEa0SMxFg

Bruh when he came to DC a couple years back and did this live...he did it pretty much acapella and that was a powerful ass performance. Had the whole crowd singing word for word and you could see some people did have tears in their eyes

That sounds like an amazing scene and experience brah. That song is absolutely perfect.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder what was going on during the making of "the vent" that ? like it was directly inspired by one of those life altering moments
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    Options
    So the album of the year thread will be full of insight whenever it drops. Cant wait
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I wouldn't ave ever guessed right with 100 tries that Mannie Fresh produced 1999
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That guitar sound on Higher Calling will put you in an instant daydream especially when the beat rides at the end