? C's Protege' "17" GOES IN ON BUN B AND BIG KRIT!!! "Yall hoez"

Options
RickyRich
RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2017 in The Reason
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g44LwDpbYEk

17THEHOGG
2 days ago
U ? ,really gone just steal MY SONG? And think the streets don't know the ORIGINAL SONG ME AND ? DID??? The fu*k type how sh*t is dis??? Ima c ya partna.

song in question
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--mceJLDaPg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp_fL0eG1mY

Comments

• Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's all the problem with Bun?

I aint read the book .......
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    What's all the problem with Bun?

I aint read the book .......

from what i heard ? n bun werent even close and bun did alot of shady ?
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well if they just took the hook from him w/o his consent or knowledge...then yeah, that is somewhat ? up
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did Krit steal 17 flow?
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Krit think he ? c reincarnated, we reject your deposit
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    speak for yourself playa
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think dude has a right to be upset about them basically sampling a chorus from his song and not giving credit or giving permission, but a lot of what he said is out of line.

First of all, he keeps characterizing it as them stealing his song. If the song has a different beat and different verses, it's not the same song. Yeah, they used ? 's hook, but the ? really didn't have anything to do with 17. I'm not really sure why he feels like KRIT is trying to be like him. It ain't like KRIT out there claiming he was ? 's protege. He's just paying homage.

And there may have been beef between ? and Bun. That doesn't mean they didn't see each other as brothers. And Bun might have been in the wrong about some things, but from the third party commentary I've seen. So was ? . That Big Gipp interview kinda proved that. He was basically big upping ? , but he also pointed out that ? did somethings that could be considered foul.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I saw the screen image I thought it was Tyga.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think dude has a right to be upset about them basically sampling a chorus from his song and not giving credit or giving permission, but a lot of what he said is out of line.

First of all, he keeps characterizing it as them stealing his song. If the song has a different beat and different verses, it's not the same song. Yeah, they used ? 's hook, but the ? really didn't have anything to do with 17. I'm not really sure why he feels like KRIT is trying to be like him. It ain't like KRIT out there claiming he was ? 's protege. He's just paying homage.

And there may have been beef between ? and Bun. That doesn't mean they didn't see each other as brothers. And Bun might have been in the wrong about some things, but from the third party commentary I've seen. So was ? . That Big Gipp interview kinda proved that. He was basically big upping ? , but he also pointed out that ? did somethings that could be considered foul.

They didn't have to clear ? w/ him, cause he doesn't own the song. It most likely was a ? /UGK track that ? allowed him to have/jump on.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They didn't have to clear ? w/ him, cause he doesn't own the song. It most likely was a ? /UGK track that ? allowed him to have/jump on.

That doesn't mean he can't be upset about it though. If you had a close relationship with someone and ya'll put some work out that was only meant to benefit you, it is disrespectful for someone else to come along and use it without even giving you a head's up.