White woman arrested for poisoning black roommate

Options
TheBoyRo
TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2017 in For The Grown & Sexy

A white student who bragged about harassing her black roommate by rubbing used tampons on her bag, pouring moldy clam dip in her lotion and putting her toothbrush inside her ? has been arrested.

Brianna Brochu, a freshman at the University of Hartford, posted on Instagram about how she "finally got rid of her roommate," who she referred to as "Jamaican Barbie."

Tonight, the university confirmed they have arrested Brochu, calling the reports "disturbing."

Chennel "Jazzy" Rowe, the freshman roommate of Brochu, revealed the shocking allegations in a Facebook video.

In it, she describes "getting sick" while being given the cold shoulder by the roommate.

"It started with throat pain," she explained. "I thought maybe because it’s colder up here, I’m just catching a cold. After a month it got to the point where I had extreme throat pain that I couldn’t sleep, to the point where I couldn’t speak."

"I'm spending my own money that my parents give me for food and groceries, the health centre on campus is not free – in fact they're expensive." In the post, Jazzy explained that her tests would come back negative. She was prescribed antibiotics by the campus doctor for the bacteria in her throat.

Then, after a rocky relationship between the two persisted (Rowe says in her video how Brochu would come into their room and turn off the lights if Rowe was working there), she decided to move out.

As she was leaving, Rowe discovered Instagram posts by her roommate, who boasted about messing with her to make her ill.

Comments

• Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My goodness. These polar bears come out of the den hating.

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    White people are so sociopathic.

Crazy to read this after watching last night's American Horror Story. At least it didn't turn deadly.
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

she'll get some hood justice, im certain of it.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She deserves the worst.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Uhhh is there a more credible link
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

University of Hartford Student Put ? Fluids on Roommate’s Property: Police

West Hartford police said the victim reported she was suffering from “severe throat pain” and suspected it was from her roommate tampering with her personal items

A University of Hartford student who is accused of spitting in the victim’s coconut oil, putting moldy clam dip in her lotion and rubbing used tampons on her backpack is no longer enrolled at the university, according to the school.
    In a statement to the university community Tuesday, University of Hartford president Greg Woodward called the incident “deeply upsetting” and said it has brought about "accusations of racism."

On Wednesday, he said 18-year-old Brianna Brochu is no longer a student at the university as of this morning and will not be returning.

West Hartford police said the victim reported she was suffering from “severe throat pain” and suspected it was from her roommate tampering with her personal items.

As police investigated, they learned that 18-year-old Brianna Brochu posted statements on Instagram that she tampered with her roommate’s property, deposited ? fluids on other property and posted photos as well, police said.

In the victim’s Facebook video post, she said Brochu claimed to put the girl's toothbrush in a place the sun "don't shine" and posted photos of the backpack and the dip.

"There has been an outpouring of concern for the victim of these acts from across the University and the country. In my meeting with her yesterday, I reiterated my personal commitment to ensuring she has all available personal and academic resources the University can provide," Woodward wrote.

Brochu was initially charged with third-degree criminal mischief and second-degree breach of peace, but police now say they are asking the court to add an intimidation based on bigotry or bias charge.

“One of our students was the alleged victim of bullying and her story was shared across social media. Let me be clear: the accused student’s behavior was reprehensible and does not reflect the values of our institution. Let me also be clear that I am confident the University has taken all steps to pursue this matter seriously, and will continue to do so,” Woodward wrote.

He said the victim was relocated to “a safe location,” authorities were notified and the school “strictly and swiftly followed all procedural and legal processes related to this alleged event.”

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/University-of-Hartford-Student-Put-? -Fluids-on-Roommates-Property-Police--454453573.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/01/us/brianna-brochu-hartford.html

http://fox61.com/2017/11/01/university-of-hartford-student-speaks-out-on-alleged-bullying-by-her-now-former-roommate/
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm shocked packs of muhfuckers didn't roll up on this saltine ? with the Sweet Chin Music...
    giphy.gif

HBCUs....for the ? WIN!
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? body cac ? . Funky ? hoe. I hope they bury this ? , but we already know that ain't goin down. Smmfh
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Put the toothbrush up her ? . FOH
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Golden opportunity has been missed by any black person in Hartford who knew about this.

It was halloween yesterday wearing a mask and gloves would not be viewed as out of place even in broad daylight.

Somebody should've masked up and beat that ? something terrible for what she did.
  • MistyKnight
    MistyKnight Members Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She look like the typical UGLY WHITE ? .

pdh49r705cle.png

No wonder she mad. Couldn't stand being in the presence of that gorgeous black queen.
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ijs tho

did she not notice her lotion smellin funky?

look at that cave ? , kno she don't clean her ass properly... did ol' girl close her eyes & hold her nose while see brushed her teeth?

& that's not to excuse what the cave ? did (obviously foul), but we need to be more aware of our surroundings
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drop kicked down a flight of stairs. Stank ? .
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone who’s left home for college knows that one of the most anxiety-inducing parts about the whole ordeal is wondering if you and your roommate will get along. For some of us, the worst we can imagine is her eating our food, having sex–while you’re in the same space, or leaving clumps of her hair all over the new rug your mama just bought you from Target.

Very few of us consider the fact that our roommate might make it her personal mission to torment us. But that’s what happened to one student at the University of Hartford, Chennel “Jazzy” Rowe.

In this 22 minute Facebook Live video, Rowe details the horrors her roommate inflicted on her. She explains that she was assigned a random roommate. After just a month and a half of living with her roommate, she moved out because she felt that she was “unwanted,” that she was a ghost in her own room. Still, there was no physical violence so she decided to just keep the peace. Then, she noticed that her throat was hurting. There was so much pain, she had trouble speaking and experienced extreme pain when she attempted to talk. She assumed it was a cold but noticed that she didn’t develop any of the other symptoms. It was just the throat pain. So she decided to go to the student health center. While they couldn’t tell her what was wrong, they noticed that there was a bad bacteria in her throat.
    In the midst of all this, the roommate situation wasn’t getting any better so Rowe made the decision to find another roommate. She began moving her things out of the room, slowly but surely. Eventually, her roommate, a White girl, looks up and asks if she’s moving out. Rowe responded with one word. “Yes.” Rowe said that the girl made a face and then immediately hopped on the phone. Rowe assumed she was telling her friends that her roommate was leaving.

That wasn’t the case.

You can watch what happens here, in the 2 minute abridged version.

For those who are unable to watch right now. Rowe’s roommate hopped on Instagram to alert her followers that:

“Finally did it yo girl got rid of her roommate!! After 1 1/2 month of spitting in her coconut oil, putting moldy clam dip in her lotions, rubbing used tampons (on) her backpack, putting her toothbrush places where the sun doesn’t shine and so much more I can finally say goodbye Jamaican Barbie.”

That wasn’t all. The girl started uploading images of the blood she’d rubbed on Jazzy’s backpack. Public Safety confiscated the bag because they said it was a health risk. As she was moving out, Rowe started discovering more things her roommate had done to her.

Thankfully, Rowe filed a report. They issued a no-contact order between the two students.

But two people from the University’s Residential department said that if Rowe spoke about the situation or the terms of the agreement, she could be removed from campus. They tried to assure her that the situation was over. But Rowe repeatedly mentioned that the fact Public Safety had yet to conclude their investigation, so how could it be over?
    Rowe said that she was determined not to become another statistic.

“I don’t be another statistic because the thing with colleges, it could be a ? situation or something serious and they just brush it under the rug. They just leave it until the situation disappears, they don’t take care of it at all. It’s a proven fact. The fact that I’m coming into college, my freshman year, and all this sh*t is happening. Multiple crimes were committed in [this social media post]. And it’s the fact that nothing’s being done. And I’m not about to sit here and have this thing just blown away in the wind and nothing happened.

And the fact that I’m Black and the roommate was White, if the roles were switched, I want to know if it would be handled in the same way. I damn well know it wouldn’t.”

Hours after Rowe’s video went viral on Twitter, the University President, Greg Woodward, issued this statement:

“Dear University of Hartford Community,

I am writing to you this evening to send a strong message regarding an incident that is deeply upsetting to me, our students, faculty, staff, and alumni. One of our students was the alleged victim of bullying and her story was shared across social media. Let me be clear: the accused student’s behavior was reprehensible and does not reflect the values of our institution. Let me also be clear that I am confident the University has taken all steps to pursue this matter seriously, and will continue to do so.

Upon learning of the incident, Public Safety immediately ensured that the victim was relocated to a safe location, notified local authorities, and provided support for their investigation. The accused student was subsequently arrested by the West Hartford Police Department and her case will proceed through the legal process. The University will continue to precisely execute our defined process outlined in the Code of Student Conduct.

The University strictly and swiftly followed all procedural and legal processes related to this alleged event; claims to the contrary are based on misinformation. The incident has brought about accusations of racism, and I want you to know that I hear and share your anger and frustration. Acts of racism, bias, bullying, or other abusive behaviors will not be tolerated on this campus. I pledge to do ev

the rest at:

http://madamenoire.com/1005402/student-goes-viral-after-white-roommate-admits-to-smearing-period-blood-on-her-backpack-spitting-in-her-coconut-oil-rubbing-her-toothbrush-in-places-where-the-sun-dont-shine/