? C's Protege' "17" GOES IN ON BUN B AND BIG KRIT!!! "Yall hoez"

Options

Comments

• TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think dude has a right to be upset about them basically sampling a chorus from his song and not giving credit or giving permission, but a lot of what he said is out of line.

First of all, he keeps characterizing it as them stealing his song. If the song has a different beat and different verses, it's not the same song. Yeah, they used ? 's hook, but the ? really didn't have anything to do with 17. I'm not really sure why he feels like KRIT is trying to be like him. It ain't like KRIT out there claiming he was ? 's protege. He's just paying homage.

And there may have been beef between ? and Bun. That doesn't mean they didn't see each other as brothers. And Bun might have been in the wrong about some things, but from the third party commentary I've seen. So was ? . That Big Gipp interview kinda proved that. He was basically big upping ? , but he also pointed out that ? did somethings that could be considered foul.

They didn't have to clear ? w/ him, cause he doesn't own the song. It most likely was a ? /UGK track that ? allowed him to have/jump on.

That doesn't mean he can't be upset about it though. If you had a close relationship with someone and ya'll put some work out that was only meant to benefit you, it is disrespectful for someone else to come along and use it without even giving you a head's up.

....but nobody even knows who he is
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Who cares about that ? ...its one of the weaker songs on the album

Congrats...they stole ur ? and it sucks...keep it movin
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »

I don’t blame him for being ? but here’s the kicker: if ? C wife said it was straight to use the vocals, ain’t nothing homie can say.
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    If ? died in 2007 why did 17 wait till 2011 to drop his song.

Did he really have that much going on in his career?

I figured he must have bought the vocals off ? Cs wife since she controlled his music after he died.

Im guessing she is the one who sold the vocals to Krits camp or whoever produced the track.

So the real beef should be with Pimps wife double dippin out chea

*produced by Cory Mo
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    I think dude has a right to be upset about them basically sampling a chorus from his song and not giving credit or giving permission, but a lot of what he said is out of line.

First of all, he keeps characterizing it as them stealing his song. If the song has a different beat and different verses, it's not the same song. Yeah, they used ? 's hook, but the ? really didn't have anything to do with 17. I'm not really sure why he feels like KRIT is trying to be like him. It ain't like KRIT out there claiming he was ? 's protege. He's just paying homage.

And there may have been beef between ? and Bun. That doesn't mean they didn't see each other as brothers. And Bun might have been in the wrong about some things, but from the third party commentary I've seen. So was ? . That Big Gipp interview kinda proved that. He was basically big upping ? , but he also pointed out that ? did somethings that could be considered foul.

They didn't have to clear ? w/ him, cause he doesn't own the song. It most likely was a ? /UGK track that ? allowed him to have/jump on.

That doesn't mean he can't be upset about it though. If you had a close relationship with someone and ya'll put some work out that was only meant to benefit you, it is disrespectful for someone else to come along and use it without even giving you a head's up.

....but nobody even knows who he is

Agreed, which kinda makes it worse. The people that everyone knows about couldn't benefit from something like this, the way he did. I'm not saying KRIT should have done this, but if you're basically going to rip something from the work of an smaller artist from your own state, you could have at least shown him some love and given him a verse in the song too.

Again, I ain't saying this dude is right, but I don't think he's wrong to be like "? KRIT and Bun" here.
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    https://youtu.be/AnaRnDO0O4c
    https://youtu.be/lclam-S3rDw

I’m assuming this is one of the other books he’s saying they took.

He need to holla at Cory Mo and mama Wes.
  • C.Rossi
    C.Rossi Members Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Options
    Mama Wes is dead and Chinara, ? 's wife is over his estate...tha She Luv It version w/ tha RKelly sample was tha OG version but Jive wouldnt clear tha sample so they changed tha beat and 17 used tha OG version on his mixtape ? C presented
  • C.Rossi
    C.Rossi Members Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Options
    Tha OG "She Luv It" was on tha Still Ridin ? cd by OG Ron C
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    That ? C book is dope af
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh at him trying to profit off of ? 's name with that atrocious clothing. Better hope that you're giving ? 's kids some profits
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Read the comments on this post smmfh

• TheGOAT
    Options
    HafBayked wrote: »
    man every dope dealer I know got a ? t-shirt press

im willing to bet money he doesnt even have an llc set up for that ?

he thought the hashtag made it official lmfao

? couldnt even spell long right (#lonlivepimpchad)

giphy.gif
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? bun 17 is ? son with it
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall disrespect 17 who lived with ? but big up krit who he didnt knoe???
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This dude sounds more delusional than Trump.