Big Baller Brand Reveals Lonzo Ball’s New ‘ZO2 Collection’ At ComplexCon

Options
2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
Lonzo Ball and his family’s Big Baller Brand have made waves in the apparel industry by straying from tradition. Rather than partner with a more established brand like Nike or Adidas, the ? chose to launch their own company and sell all of their shoes and other gear directly through their site.

Ball already has a signature shoe, and now he’ll be getting a whole collection of apparel, and it will be the first offering from Big Baller Brand available in traditional stores, according to Jovan Buha of ESPN:

Big Baller Brand is debuting the “ZO2 Collection” apparel line for Lakers rookie Lonzo Ball today at ComplexCon in Long Beach, Calif. According to the company, the “ZO2 Collection” is the first line of Big Baller Brand products to be offered wholesale to retailers. Up to this point, all Big Brand Brand products have been sold exclusively on BigBallerBrand.com.

Big Baller Brand being available in more traditional retailers is an interesting move for the brand, and it will be fascinating to see how people being able to try on their apparel in stores will affect the public’s willingness to pay the often exorbitant prices for the gear.

Buha also reports that brand will be making another move that has become more traditional for basketball players in recent years — trying to capture the Chinese market:

Big Baller Brand is still “weeks away” from launching its Big Baller Brand China flagship stores in Shanghai and Hong Kong — as well as its Chinese retail site — but the goal of the pop-up shops is to expand the brand’s global reach and get the Chinese market familiarized with the brand and family,

The NBA has become increasingly popular in China in recent years, and perhaps no American player captured the country’s interest more than former Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant.

By playing for Bryant’s team with a flashy, visually-pleasing and pass-happy style, it will be intriguing to watch whether or not Ball is able to grab any type of similar foothold in the country as his family, game and brand become more familiar overseas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEiTCcOe5C0

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    do this right an they can be billionaires with chinese market.

but still gotta lower them prices and change that promotion/marketing
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So you're rooting for Lavar now?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

i was against his methods....i always said it was easy for him...he hurt himself and he wasnt prepared for the ? he was talking and i saw it immediately.

im all about black excellence...but when it crosses into fukkery when it comes to business..i hate that ? with a passion.

if you see how many blacks are trying to make it and this dude comes along and is basically handed something and he tries to fukk it up.

why shouldnt i speak on it.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    and beside ...it i see something might be a good move...then i cant hate on it.

i call out ? i think is fukkery and i will say something might be good.

it is what it is
  • 808HiLife808
    808HiLife808 Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ... @ a nas shirt
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope it works 100% for them. They're the cornerstone for the new generation 2 monetize their self!
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i was against his methods....i always said it was easy for him...he hurt himself and he wasnt prepared for the ? he was talking and i saw it immediately.

im all about black excellence...but when it crosses into fukkery when it comes to business..i hate that ? with a passion.

if you see how many blacks are trying to make it and this dude comes along and is basically handed something and he tries to fukk it up.

What was he handed? Foh with that handed ?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    rickmogul wrote: »
    I hope it works 100% for them. They're the cornerstone for the new generation 2 monetize their self!

i wouldnt go that far.......shaq and marbury already had this idea.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

have you ever EVER taken a business class?

if not shut the fukk up.

he has handed free promotion and ability to market a product because of his sons and how high his son was drafted and to add to that ....drafted in one of the biggest markets in the country.

one of the main problems with businesses is getting people to know you are there..to know you are available...to know you have a product they may want.

doesnt matter if its superior or not.....if they know you about you and your brand you already have a leg up. there are plenty of superior products that are not noticed because of poor marketing.

now, once you understand that...maybe you can see the point.

handed to him
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

if not shut the fukk up.

he has handed free promotion and ability to market a product because of his sons and how high his son was drafted and to add to that ....drafted in one of the biggest markets in the country.

one of the main problems with businesses is getting people to know you are there..to know you are available...to know you have a product they may want.

doesnt matter if its superior or not.....if they know you about you and your brand you already have a leg up. there are plenty of superior products that are not noticed because of poor marketing.

handed to him

I don't know about that, if he wasn't "loud and obnoxious" like you say, he would have never been "handed" that free promotion. Because if you ask me his son wasn't nothing special to begin with. It was his father's hype that accelerated his buzz
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »

if not shut the fukk up.

handed to him

I don't know about that, if he wasn't "loud and obnoxious" like you say, he would have never been "handed" that free promotion. Because if you ask me his son wasn't nothing special to begin with. It was his father's hype that accelerated his buzz

even if that was the case....you can create a buzz and sell like a businessman.

there is a time and place.

he didnt have to be loud an obnoxious....just him making the statement of a black man going against the big companies was enough to get a certain demographic and the rest falls in line once he got people attention.

so i ask you.....would you honestly buy something from someone who loud and obnoxious? why would you? are you supporting his arrogance? or are you supporting his product? would you support someone who is trying to play you like a ? since you like to spend money?

keep it 100
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do For Self

Good luck to the Ball family. I hope it works.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ayyy did yall ever get them shoes shipped??

Its november already lmaoooo
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

if not shut the fukk up.

handed to him

he didnt have to be loud an obnoxious....just him making the statement of a black man going against the big companies was enough to get a certain demographic and the rest falls in line once he got people attention.

so i ask you.....would you honestly buy something from someone who loud and obnoxious? why would you? are you supporting his arrogance? or are you supporting his product? would you support someone who is trying to play you like a ? since you like to spend money?

keep it 100

Muhammad Ali was loud and obnoxious too would you not have supported him? If I like the product what does him being obnoxious have to do with anything? Their is a reason why the loud and obnoxious person ends up getting reality shows, times have changed if you are a new face and can't keep your name relavent you will fall off the map. I think he is just playing the game the way he sees fit to keep his name (product) on peoples minds
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options

if not shut the fukk up.

handed to him

keep it 100
    GTY_trujmp_wine_mm-160309_4x3_992.jpg.cf.jpg
    rs_550x550-140806123054-trump7.jpg?w=646.cf.jpg
    trump-menswear.jpg.cf.jpg
    2cec.jpg.cf.jpg
    1419944909-1.jpg.cf.jpg

Being loud and obnoxious obviously doesn't hurt sales. And people clearly don't have a problem supporting someone who is trying to play them like a ? .

Trump-poorly-educated.jpg.cf.jpg

Keep it 100
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

if not shut the fukk up.

handed to him

keep it 100

Muhammad Ali was loud and obnoxious too would you not have supported him? If I like the product what does him being obnoxious have to do with anything? Their is a reason why the loud and obnoxious person ends up getting reality shows, times have changed if you are a new face and can't keep your name relavent you will fall off the map. I think he is just playing the game the way he sees fit to keep his name (product) on peoples minds

yea...an how is that working for him?

he product was not ready....what are yall missing about that.

and ali had skill and something to back up his talk. he prep and his fearlessness and willingness to stand by what he said makes him different.

ali backed up all his talk..ali backed up his stance on vietnam.....

this dude has yet to back up anything.

people like you are the reason the kardashians even have a platform
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    skpjr78 wrote: »

if not shut the fukk up.

handed to him

keep it 100
    GTY_trujmp_wine_mm-160309_4x3_992.jpg.cf.jpg
    rs_550x550-140806123054-trump7.jpg?w=646.cf.jpg
    trump-menswear.jpg.cf.jpg
    2cec.jpg.cf.jpg
    1419944909-1.jpg.cf.jpg

Being loud and obnoxious obviously doesn't hurt sales. And people clearly don't have a problem supporting someone who is trying to play them like a ? .

Trump-poorly-educated.jpg.cf.jpg

Keep it 100

an those people are ? for supporting a person they dont understand.
    trump sold ? a dream that he was a great businessman...he dressed the part and looked the part and talked the part.......so people thought he was the part.....

he became president by trolling.

so you think trolling is good?

ok, lets have that conversation when he destroys your future.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    an besides.....trump at least has his product ready to take advance of the wave.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Triple B's in this ? !
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Triple B's in this ? !

we not talking about black ? bandits.

keep it moving candy pants
  • R.D.
    Options

if not shut the fukk up.

handed to him

Foh with that ? ...several of them

You saying some slick hating ?

He wasn't handed ? . He built his kids to the level they on. He brought even more attention to them with his antics before Lonzo was ever drafted. How you going be condescending and say that weak ass ? . I know every weak ass point you would make and it's all ? .

Several done came before and was so called handed the same thing you think he got handed

The more I look over your post to rebuttal, the less ? I notice you actually said

Billions been handed a platform called IG and still use it as a personal diary to strangers.

That ? ain't just come along and get handed ? and ? don't need to think like that. He built something and took advantage of his opportunities
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

if not shut the fukk up.

handed to him

Foh with that ? ...several of them

You saying some slick hating ?

He wasn't handed ? . He built his kids to the level they on. He brought even more attention to them with his antics before Lonzo was ever drafted. How you going be condescending and say that weak ass ? . I know every weak ass point you would make and it's all ? .

Several done came before and was so called handed the same thing you think he got handed

The more I look over your post to rebuttal, the less ? I notice you actually said

Billions been handed a platform called IG and still use it as a personal diary to strangers.

That ? ain't just come along and get handed ? and ? don't need to think like that. He built something and took advantage of his opportunities

? you aint making no sense.

do you even understand my posts?

the fact is...because i dont see it the way yall do yall think its hating.

only a dumb ? would think that.

aint slick hatins ? about nothing i said.

fact is....he needs to shut up.

even if he wasnt loud...the fact he has three kids that could do something in the NBA is still a selling point.

i can come with so many selling points that he squandered that i see him trying to repair and hopefully its not too late.

you a fake supporter.

as a businessman and a person who built a business from the round up that now consults to help others i think i have a bit of proven knowledge and when i dont i ask for understanding.

an what i see is a ? with an opportunity that i would not want to fukk it up or fukk it up for others. and to see him fukking it up gets me a bit peeved simply because i like to see people succeed.

but again only a dumb ? would think otherwise because i pick apart the problems i see.
  • R.D.
    Options
    You still didn't make a point

It ain't one way to do ?

He don't have to do it the way you did it or the way you want him too. You either a sucka or a hater which pretty much the same thing

He need to shut up? Slim you all the way outta pocket. He don't need to do ? . Maybe he fails but him and anybody else watching can only learn from that. He ain't messing up opportunities for others cause nobody took the shots he taking

They ain't stop making businesses when you made yours ? . You ain't no ? all knowing.

How many pair did you order since you so successful and want to see him win? that's now two post with nothing of substance from the successful business man turned consultant. Two post resorted to name calling cause you being called out on ? ?